Disney Genie announcement

It's not confusing at all to me. Lightning Lane is the name of the actual queue itself, there are just different ways to get to use it.

I love this.

Math = family of 5, 4 days, plus LL = about $660

I hope there’s a disclosure about this when folks book rooms/tickets.

I don't see the advantage of buying G+ upfront unless the pricing scheme changes. Ie. I won't buy it ahead of time, even though I plan on buying it. We have 7 park days, I will probably buy it for 4 park Days (MKx2, HSx1, EPx1). I will be able to enjoy AK with just a normal rope drop.

However I might buy it upfront (and be locked into it) if there was any advantage to do so, or I might even buy more than 4 days if there was any advantage. I'm kind of surprised it is a flat $15 per day, which means people will optimize those days and have less park days. I'm surprise they don't tier it, like they do the park tickets (ie. $15 per day for the first 4 days, then $10 per day for days 5-6, then $8 per day for days 6-8, etc). I seriously think they would sell more that way (I would buy more that way... I would buy more days of G+ and I would also buy more days of park tickets instead of maximizing each park day so much.

Then again, maybe that is what disney wants. Maybe they would rather I didn't buy G+ for all 7 park days so I'm not clogging up the lightning lane on days 5-7 (keeping LL waits short)?

I have been wondering about that as well. I think we'll have to wait and see. What do you mean by "stacking"? Is it possible we'll be able to book more than one at a time if the first available time slot for our #1 pick is late in the day?

I think what I read is that if you get at Genie+LL time for 5pm, then after 120 min, you can book another one for 10am, but I’m not sure if this is true or assumption

It's not confusing at all to me. Lightning Lane is the name of the actual queue itself, there are just different ways to get to use it.

Right. It used to be called the Fast Pass Lane. It's now called the Lightning Lane. There is only one Lightning Lane per attraction.

But Tier 1 Attaction Lightning Lanes lighten your wallet more than Tier 2 Attraction Lightning Lanes do.

Yes yes yes!!!
We are also not morning people! We sleep in.
With Fastpass+ we booked our rides for late afternoon and slept in everyday. This early morning crap is...CRAP! SO disappointed!
Dobar Dan, yes totally agree.

This.Is.Crap.

Not putting in more money to feed this monster.

Right. It used to be called the Fast Pass Lane. It's now called the Lightning Lane. There is only one Lightning Lane per attraction.

But Tier 1 Attaction Lightning Lanes lighten your wallet more than Tier 2 Attraction Lightning Lanes do.
Yep. I'm really not sure what is confusing about that.

It's just to get people used to spending money in that area of the park, for when TRON opens (any decade now...)

But really, it had to be between Space and Peter Pan's Flight right? I imagine people will be more willing to pay money for a thrill ride whereas rides that cater to families with small kids make that a more expensive and less attractive proposition.

Could you imagine...$10 up charge to ride 52 second ride if Peter Pan were included.

Reminder that Genie+ and LL is optional.

I hope it keeps the poors at home. Thank you.
We go quite often, bought season passes, and are far from poor.(not that it's anyone's business) I have no interest in Genie and we will tour the old fashioned way. Luckily our December trip is almost 2 weeks long so we have plenty of time. We just don't like being so scheduled. I hated fast passes and they were free. Im sorry but your comment is a little mean and really not called for.

Wow -
$15 to ride RoR - seems to me that ride is one and done - very underwhelmed to say the least
$10 to ride 7DMT in MK and $7 from EE in AK - EE is the bargain here

Space Mountain - how often does that break down - will be interesting to see how many will actually pay for this.

Will they continue to inflate the wait times?

BTW- I am OK with the $15 a day for the other rides - that would work for me I think - will have to see how it pans out - if it is only once per ride per day - then no
Expedition Everest is a walk on in the mornings and evenings, for the most part. Other times, the single rider line goes fast.

The whole picking your arrival time is confusing. It says you can pick your arrival window but then I’ve seen it state that you can pick the next arrival time. I’m thinking it means you can pick the next arrival time by picking which attraction you want to do next. So if HM has a 12 pm arrival time but pirates has an 11 am arrival time then you’ve been allowed to choose your arrival time. But who knows.

Everything else I’m good with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter