Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Seeing on Twitter that you have to go to Guest Relations right now to book LL selections. So that plus people in line wanting refunds is going to be awful. You would think with the amount of time DLR has had to get ready for this that it wouldn't be this bad today.
Disneyland SHOULD HAVE created a soft start Wednesday and Thursday and provided Genie + complimentary those days.

Exactly the same problem. I started a chat from the app yesterday (12/8) at 7:30 AM and got a message that it could take up to 24 hours to get a response! Have reservations for 12/14.

i left a specific question in the chat at around that time yesterday, and at 9 pm got a canned response about park hopping. It took 15 hours for a bot. I changed my reservation from 12/14 to tomorrow because of the weather forecast, I’ll report back :)

Questions:
Can you purchase Genie+ before your visit?
If you come later in the day will it be too late? Will all the LL be taken?

Thank you for answers.
Genie+ can be added at midnight for the day of but you can only get both types of Lightning Lane passes when you scan into a park.
Genie + Lightning Lane passes can only be booked on the day once you have scanned into a park
Individual Attraction Lightning Lane passes can only be bought on the day once you have scanned into a park

On a different forum I'm on, a guy was at DLR yesterday and said after the Genie+ went down they just walked to the LL entrances for rides they wanted to get on and scanned their paper ticket at the check in which got them right on. Also said he paid for the ILL for Rise and was on in 8 minutes.

People need to really think and make strategies now. Go on rides with low standby wait times first, then either book Genie+ Lightning Lane Passes or buy Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes for later in the day when standby wait times go up. You need to be clever with your use of Lightning Lane Passes if you want to go on rides multiple times as you can only use them once per day per ride.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on here. Choose your words wisely. I got a violation from the DIS for cursing even though it was not fully the word but I still used the word in context of what a disaster the G+ launch was. I received “30 points” and am on probation the next 30 days. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on here. Choose your words wisely. I got a violation from the DIS for cursing even though it was not fully the word but I still used the word in context of what a disaster the G+ launch was. I received “30 points” and am on probation the next 30 days. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Wow, I have to say I laughed out loud at that post, so no offense taken here. But I get it and thanks for letting us know. Good reminder.👍

I was not offended by your posts.
I rather enjoyed your posts and many others too.

I do feel bad for those in the parks experiencing Disney's lack of Magic yesterday.
Hopefully today goes better for Genie.

Is Photo Pass included with Genie Plus? So let's say you plan to not get genie because it's cost prohibitive.

But one day you could have mom or dad spend the $20 to essentially get Photo Pass? Is that right?

I would be interested in hearing about the experience of photo pass with Genie Plus and if it's a better "value" in CA or DL. In CA you would get the RSR photo for example?

Last edited:
Questions:

Thank you for answers.

from what I see you have to include it for all of your days. example, we have 4 day ticket and it’s now $400 to add it, for the 5 of us.

Is Photo Pass included with Genie Plus? So let's say you plan to not get genie because it's cost prohibitive.

But one day you could have mom or dad spend the $20 to essentially get Photo Pass? Is that right?

I would be interested in hearing about the experience of photo pass with Genie Plus and it's a better "value" in CA or DL. In CA you would get the RSR photo for example?
Yes photopass is included

At both parks yesterday, 6-7 hours. Didn’t need Genie+ based on inflated stand-by times. Literally 45 min posted ride times were 20 mins. GS lines were longer than ride lines. Overall park guests were in happy moods, as they were strolling around. Didn’t notice any agro people and we covered 14 miles of Park.

At both parks yesterday, 6-7 hours. Didn’t need Genie+ based on inflated stand-by times. Literally 45 min posted ride times were 20 mins. GS lines were longer than ride lines. Overall park guests were in happy moods, as they were strolling around. Didn’t notice any agro people and we covered 14 miles of Park.

That sounds like a great day! I would have LOVED to have had 20 minute waits for rides on our October trip.

Wow, I have to say I laughed out loud at that post, so no offense taken here. But I get it and thanks for letting us know. Good reminder.👍
I was not offended by your posts.
I rather enjoyed your posts and many others too.

I do feel bad for those in the parks experiencing Disney's lack of Magic yesterday.
Hopefully today goes better for Genie.
Thanks for the support you may see me on Harbor Blvd picking up trash and seediness as part of my plea deal 🤣

Questions:

Thank you for answers.

If you already have tickets, you can only buy each day and you MUST be scanned into the parks to buy it. You can't pre-purchase at midnight like WDW.

If you have not bought tickets, you can add it to your entire ticket purchase. If you don't wait it for your entire trip, you can also do it day of.

It will really depend on how busy the day is to determine how fast things go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter