Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which card are y'all get the Jet.com offer on? I only have BCP but dh & I neither one got that offer. Did get WM though :)

Arghhh! Now I remember why I usually pass on these walmart .com deals! They cancel my orders immediately! I tried to order a $50 Walmart eGC. Got the Amex confirmation that I used my offer, followed by a cancellation email from Walmart because they "can't verify my information". Dear Lord! I've lived at the same place for 20+ years. Still have a land line and that's the number all of our CCs have on file. Just one more reason that I hate Walmart!

I got the instant cancel too.

I contacted CS since I was only making one order. Blah, blah, security will check & to try again in 30 minutes...we'll see.

I've taken advantage of the offer twice this week and the deal is being continued next week as well. I'm not sure what the restrictions might be other thaUsuan gas must be purchased at participation SUNOCO stations and you can only get a maximum of $1 off per gallon. Points expire at the end of the month in which they were earned. I don't use a lot of gas, so gas perks have never been a big draw for me. However, even with an 18-gallon fillup, 20¢ per gallon for every $25 spent on a GC would translate to a savings of $3.60. That's 14.4% even before taking the 1 gas pt./$ that's part of the regular gas rewards program. So I guess the question becomes: "Does the offer apply to GC purchases and if so, does Acme carry $25 Disney GCs?" Hmmm....I may need to stop in the nearest Acme tomorrow and buy a $25 GC to BB, Target or Disney just to see if it triggers the bonus.
So, I decided to take one for the team and went to the Acme down the street from me just to purchase a $25 Disney GC to see if the bonus triggers. Of course, no variable-load Disney GCs left and the only other ones are $50. But...they had $25 Target GCs so, undaunted, I grabbed one and headed to the checkout. $25 lighter, I walked out of the Acme with a $25 Target GC and...(drum roll, please)...only 75 gas rewards points. (cue the wah-wah-wah sound effect). I got zonked.

So, for the rest of you Acme shoppers: Don't bother trying for the 20¢ bonus rewards on a $25 purchase if you're buying GCs. You'll get 3X points but not the 200-point mother load.

So, I decided to take one for the team and went to the Acme down the street from me just to purchase a $25 Disney GC to see if the bonus triggers. Of course, no variable-load Disney GCs left and the only other ones are $50. But...they had $25 Target GCs so, undaunted, I grabbed one and headed to the checkout. $25 lighter, I walked out of the Acme with a $25 Target GC and...(drum roll, please)...only 75 gas rewards points. (cue the wah-wah-wah sound effect). I got zonked.

So, for the rest of you Acme shoppers: Don't bother trying for the 20¢ bonus rewards on a $25 purchase if you're buying GCs. You'll get 3X points but not the 200-point mother load.

Well that's an odd amount... I've found in the last month or so I can't figure out how they calculate some points. But it's always been in my favor. I just assumed there's was unadvertised 4x products I bought (during the 4x bonus in June) I haven't bought GC's in a while, but they were always showing up correct, 2pts for reg GC's, 1 pt for prepaid (amex, visa) unless there was a coupon or promotion that got me more. So I guess 3x is better than 2x but can't even get 10 cents off with that :)

This week my ad is showing 5x fuel points when buying $100 in select gift cards. The ad shows BBB as an option, I haven't been into the store to see all the options. But even that should only net 50 cents per one hundred spent.

I contacted CS since I was only making one order. Blah, blah, security will check & to try again in 30 minutes...we'll see.
I did an online chat and asked what the problem was. The CSR that I chatted with verified my info and told me that they have security flags that must have been tripped. He said that it was fixed, shouldn't happen again and that I should wait for 60 minutes before trying again. So, I waited for 90 minutes and ordered again but used a different AmEx because I'm afraid that the other card's offer is now dead thanks to the cancellation this morning. It's been 45 minutes since I placed that order and still no cancellation. I got the alert from AmEx that the offer was used and I have a confirmation email from Walmart but the order itself is still "processing".

I did an online chat and asked what the problem was. The CSR that I chatted with verified my info and told me that they have security flags that must have been tripped. He said that it was fixed, shouldn't happen again and that I should wait for 60 minutes before trying again. So, I waited for 90 minutes and ordered again but used a different AmEx because I'm afraid that the other card's offer is now dead thanks to the cancellation this morning. It's been 45 minutes since I placed that order and still no cancellation. I got the alert from AmEx that the offer was used and I have a confirmation email from Walmart but the order itself is still "processing".

I had a problem where BestBuy .com kept cancelling my orders while I tried to use an Amex Offer, but I'd still get an email from Amex that I used my offer. I had the same worry that I had "redeemed" the offer on orders that were eventually cancelled and chatted with an AMEX csr. He assured me that it doesn't matter if one or several orders cancel, as long as I had the requisite amount/transaction spent on my card before the expiration date, I would receive the statement credit. I saved screenshots of the Amex Offer added to my card and the chat log in case I had to follow up for the credit. Didn't need to because I eventually got an order through and got the credit.

Which card are y'all get the Jet.com offer on? I only have BCP but dh & I neither one got that offer. Did get WM though :)

I had the jet.com offer on both cards but I was late to this party. Both offers disappeared by the time I learned that the website sold gift cards.

I waited an hour & placed an order using my same Amex (only one I have). This one hasn't been instant canceled.

Over on SD they said that Walmart took down $50 gc the last time amex had a deal like this.

I haven't tried yet, but I have in the past. I added the offer to each card, and then used each card and got the credit. They all have different log-ins and different card numbers so it should work.
I didn't see anything that would help for Disney but I see other places we eat out at a lot, so that works too!

I have the same log in for both cards. Maybe I can separate them out somehow.

UPDATE: Received my e-GC about 5 minutes ago. Now to try to use it at the local Walmart.

Arghhh! Now I remember why I usually pass on these walmart .com deals! They cancel my orders immediately! I tried to order a $50 Walmart eGC. Got the Amex confirmation that I used my offer, followed by a cancellation email from Walmart because they "can't verify my information". Dear Lord! I've lived at the same place for 20+ years. Still have a land line and that's the number all of our CCs have on file. Just one more reason that I hate Walmart!

Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to canceling orders. I placed one earlier for an iTunes egiftcard and that one got cancelled. Bought a Starbucks eGC and the order was filled within 30 min...

ohhhhh e gift cards! I just ordered a physical card for $50, got email saying it's on its way,and amex confirmed bonus.... I wish I had seen that jet offer in time,I like jet a lot- got the offer on two cards b/c I tried the two browser trick and got so excited I hit the add button too fast lol.... so with two BB and two wm offers, that's a good pile of discounted gc's(or I may use the WM for other stuff,I'm weak!) I did topcashback too, just in case it works on a gc order.

I got my Sams e-gift cards from Swagbucks and Sams is not carrying the 3 $50 cards for $143.95. To add insult to injury, they are carrying the $500 card, which are usually out of stock. Im not sure whether to check if there are the 3 packs at my local store or not.

I thought this was for walmart.com purchases,not instore? and I'm trying to verify,does sams still sell dis gc's? thanks......

I got my Sams e-gift cards from Swagbucks and Sams is not carrying the 3 $50 cards for $143.95. To add insult to injury, they are carrying the $500 card, which are usually out of stock. Im not sure whether to check if there are the 3 packs at my local store or not.

My local Sam's had both the $500 cards and the 3x$50 cards earlier this week. I was able to purchase them at the self check out using WMGC as payment. I had several WMGC to use up in $10-25 increments and it took multiple gift cards without a hitch. I think I used 7 or 8 gc to pay. I did split up my transactions, doing one 3pk per transaction because I wasn't sure if it was going to block me from using so many gc.

Placed an order for a $50 Starbucks GC and got an instant cancellation. Guess I will try to online chat with them.

I get very few useful offer on my BCP as of late. How long have you had the card?

Opened in June 2016. I would agree it doesn't seem to get as many good offers as it used to and many of the ones I read about on here and slickdeals, I do not get. That is my only Amex after Costco changed to the Citi card. I never got good offers on that card either. I am definitely open to another Amex once I hit 5/24 with Chase. Do you have an Amex that does get good offers? I need to start looking at what options I have.

I have been unsuccessful at about 5 different Walgreens in Southern California for gc>gc. Just a warning. @wendow do you happen to know if this is an option in the Denver area? We'll be there in 2 weeks so wondering if I should bring them along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter