Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened in June 2016. I would agree it doesn't seem to get as many good offers as it used to and many of the ones I read about on here and slickdeals, I do not get. That is my only Amex after Costco changed to the Citi card. I never got good offers on that card either. I am definitely open to another Amex once I hit 5/24 with Chase. Do you have an Amex that does get good offers? I need to start looking at what options I have.
This is currently my only open card with Amex. I had the Everyday card but that didn't get anything either. Decided to close that card and move the credit line to the BCP. My most recent good offer was for Undercover Tourist a few months back.

I have been unsuccessful at about 5 different Walgreens in Southern California for gc>gc. Just a warning. @wendow do you happen to know if this is an option in the Denver area? We'll be there in 2 weeks so wondering if I should bring them along.

It's been about a year since I did a GC>GC transaction at Walgreens but yes, it worked fine then. I live in Littleton and just went to one of the Walgreens here.

ETA: Are you guys just coming for a visit? Not house hunting, right? :)

Heads up - 3 of my 5 Jet orders were cancelled. They say there is a limit of 8 cards per specific type. And since I placed multiple orders of 5 x Walmart $25's, I was way over their limit. They say I can order Walmart $50's if they come back in stock (doubtful). PITA.

New thing I learned today at Best Buy, rewards certificates have to be scanned before gift cards are processed. I had my promo gift cards and a reward certificate, but when I handed them to the cashier I didn't have the cert on top... didn't realize there was an order to it. So without me realizing what she did, she cancelled the order and started over to process it right and I didn't get my shopkicks scanned for the last order. :headache:

But on the plus side, so far my walmart.com order for the amex offer hasn't been cancelled :) I ordered the physical walmart GC to be shipped. Got the AMEX confirmation instantly.

I wish I could help you...but I can't remember the last time I PAID for Disney gift cards at Best Buy. I use my BB rewards earned from my BB credit card and BB gift cards earned from Swagbucks to purchase my Disney gift cards. I can tell you for certain that if you pay with a BB gift card, you do NOT earn rewards, but your purchase DOES count towards your status. I am an ElitePlus member, simply from the GC churning earlier this year.

I initially got the BB card to finance our emergency W/D purchase but I've also started using it for our dining purchases (double rewards) and whatever bonus they are offering each month. In July, it is 3x points for gas!
I went to BB tonight and purchased a laptop and $1000 in Disney gift card with my newly opened BB Visa hoping to get 10% back in BB Rewards. Checked my rewards history and it appears that I did get the first 5% on my entire purchase. Apparently, my statement will not reflect the additional 5% reward until the 30 day mark. As long as I'm credited with the additional 5% this was a very quick and efficient way to get 10%. This along with the $500 card I got with the Meijer deal will pay off my my package balance and I'll have enough to spare to cover tips for dining.

Last edited:
I noticed that ibotta has 15% cash back on Jet.com purchases. I didn't see any exclusions on GC. Unfortunately, all Walmart GC are out of stock.

It's been about a year since I did a GC>GC transaction at Walgreens but yes, it worked fine then. I live in Littleton and just went to one of the Walgreens here.

ETA: Are you guys just coming for a visit? Not house hunting, right? :)

I'll take them just in case :o

No, not house hunting - not opposed to moving there in the future though! :p

We're renting a house in Winter Park with 20 other family members. Staying in Golden the night we get in and then Winter Park for 4 days. Should be fun!

I'll take them just in case :o

No, not house hunting - not opposed to moving there in the future though! :p

We're renting a house in Winter Park with 20 other family members. Staying in Golden the night we get in and then Winter Park for 4 days. Should be fun!

Ah, too bad :) Well, my Walgreens is about 25 mins south of Golden. If you want the address, pm me. You will have a blast in Winter Park! We just got back from being in Breckenridge for a week. Weather was so nice. My uncle rents a house up there for 6 weeks each summer and we get to go up for a week. I love being in the mountains in the summer!

Has anyone who ordered physical gift cards on the Walmart Amex deal had them actually showing shipped yet?

I was able to get the offer linked to my daughters authorized user account by setting up a separate login for her.
As soon as I see 'shipped' I will order another set of cards. I'm ordering restaurant cards, not Walmart cards.

2 different walmart orders, both show as all set in email- both triggered offer- it was physical cards. I've ordered cards from wm in the past,so I see no reason why they won't ship. I wonder if the cashback will work,I doubt it but worth a shot. FYI the jet offer may not have the gc anymore, but they offer a lot of products cheaper than amazon....(sigh wish I'd gotten that)

I bought $630 worth of Disney GCs at Best Buy this week. I used my $300 BB gift certs plus the $30 bonus gift certs plus an extra $300 on my Amex card. I scanned the code on my Ebates app and I received $5.00 today but I have not checked my Amex statement for the $30 credit yet. I should have earned $6.30 but I'm not complaining too much since I think I'm not supposed to get anything on gift cards.

Has anyone who ordered physical gift cards on the Walmart Amex deal had them actually showing shipped yet?

I was able to get the offer linked to my daughters authorized user account by setting up a separate login for her.
As soon as I see 'shipped' I will order another set of cards. I'm ordering restaurant cards, not Walmart cards.

Most of my physical card orders have shipped (bought Walmart gift cards), but a few are still processing (I did try to place another order last night for an E card, but it was cancelled).

FYI the jet offer may not have the gc anymore, but they offer a lot of products cheaper than amazon....(sigh wish I'd gotten that)

They still have a few gift cards left, but nothing convertible to Disney. Random FYI - I see that they carry the H2O+ body butter that DCL used to provide onboard. Love that stuff and the price is very good. I paired 2 of those with a $100 Sheetz gas card to put me right over $125.

I had a much better day today than yesterday!

I ordered another Walmart eGC this morning and it arrived within a matter of minutes. I stopped by my local Walmart and was able to purchase 2 $50 Disney GCs using the self checkout and paying with the eGCs. Yay! $100 worth of Mickey Money for $80!!!!!

Then I popped over to the Acme and grabbed a selection of items that totaled just over $27 before taxes and coupons. After the coupons were applied, my total with tax was $24.15. But the gas rewards were based on the pre-coupon total, so I got 227 gas points (worth 22.7¢ off per gallon) with the bonus. So Acme shoppers, be aware that if you're a super-couponer, you could potentially get the bonus for very little OOP cost.

On the down side, my dear husband took my car yesterday and thoughtfully filled the tank...without using the gas rewards. So I'm sitting on 12 gas rewards points, 5 of which will expire at the end of the month, and a full tank of gas in a car that will be sitting unused while we're on vacation later next week.

I have slick deal alerts set up and didn't get one, any other suggestions for getting alerted when they go live?

The first email I received was from Danny the Deal Guru at about 9:00am yesterday morning. A "quick deals" alert from Frequent Miler came soon after.

Ah, too bad :) Well, my Walgreens is about 25 mins south of Golden. If you want the address, pm me. You will have a blast in Winter Park! We just got back from being in Breckenridge for a week. Weather was so nice. My uncle rents a house up there for 6 weeks each summer and we get to go up for a week. I love being in the mountains in the summer!

Love Winter Park!!! Colorado is home sweet home for us, we go skiing there every year and spend Christmas with family in CO Spgs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter