Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else having problems with the Disney gift card website? I'm trying to merge card balances onto one card and all of my gift cards have a refresh logo where the balances should be. I checked the balance on the card and it pulls up the correct amount...

Probably going to email them later today.

Anybody else having problems with the Disney gift card website? I'm trying to merge card balances onto one card and all of my gift cards have a refresh logo where the balances should be. I checked the balance on the card and it pulls up the correct amount...

Are you able to try a different browser? I've had problems with a few different sites using certain browsers and it works out by switching browsers

I had problems two weeks ago. Couldn't transfer balances or delete cards when logged in using Chrome, Firefox and IE. Switched to my cell phone and was able to do it using Samsung's internet browser. I emailed their technical support and it took them a week to respond. Their answer was "try another browser".

Are you able to try a different browser? I've had problems with a few different sites using certain browsers and it works out by switching browsers
I had problems two weeks ago. Couldn't transfer balances or delete cards when logged in using Chrome, Firefox and IE. Switched to my cell phone and was able to do it using Samsung's internet browser. I emailed their technical support and it took them a week to respond. Their answer was "try another browser".

Yep. Tried Safari on my iPhone, Chrome, and Internet Explorer...

ROFL. Hey- I could have not helped you by telling you that... I ought to apply for an IT job with Disney! Oh, wait, I'm an American, I'd be too expensive to hire...

Don't waste your time with an email unless it's to make you feel better by having a place to gripe to. Just keep trying different browsers at different times. I was having the same issues last week, actually posted a thread on the the Budget Board when I reached peak frustration. Eventually got what I needed by switching browsers and waiting between failures.

Same

So what's everyone going to do now that DVA is going away? It was such an easy place to dump my gift cards. *sigh* I guess I'm just going to have to load them all up onto different gift cards and use those for vacations. What a pain.

So what's everyone going to do now that DVA is going away? It was such an easy place to dump my gift cards. *sigh* I guess I'm just going to have to load them all up onto different gift cards and use those for vacations. What a pain.
I know. It was really helpful with budgeting our trip. Gotta read through my options...

I just got that email - bummer! I guess the only option is to merge and hold the cards. That extra 2% bonus was nice to have, but at least they are offering a final 5% bonus of existing balances. That seems to be the no brainer option to select (unless I'm missing something).

We are a few years away from our next trip, but I'm already sad. I hope we will still be able to call and pay over the phone with gift cards. Stinks for the person on the other end, but I really want to save every bit I can....

I was never a fan of it, so it's no great loss for me. I would only add my GCs right before paying my DVC dues. The bonus GC was nice to get but the website was so glitchy that I never trusted it.

I guess I will have to rely on the glitchy disneygiftcard website to combine my GCs, when it works.

How ma
A couple people mentioned success at BB&B so I thought I'd give it a run.
I cashed in some of my Discover rewards (I'm sure some of you have rewards piled up from the Warehouse 5%) for BB&B gift cards at 20% off. Went into store today and tried to buy just gc with gc (no filler) and IT WORKED! The cashier didn't hesitate and the system accepted the transaction.
I normally just credit my rewards to my balance so this is a 20% savings on Disney GCs for me.

(I'm located in NJ if it makes a difference.)
How many BB&B GC did you use at once?

I just got that email - bummer! I guess the only option is to merge and hold the cards. That extra 2% bonus was nice to have, but at least they are offering a final 5% bonus of existing balances. That seems to be the no brainer option to select (unless I'm missing something).
Nevermind, just re-read.

Ugh, I just opened a DVA on the 8th. Annoying.

ETA: I opened the account with just a $10 deposit from my credit card. So looking at my options, I have:
1: Buy a gift card for extra 5% = $10.50
3: Do nothing, get 2% or $5, whichever is more = $15, because 2% of $10 is 20 cents...
4: Request refund and get $10 back to my card

image.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter