Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I just opened a DVA on the 8th. Annoying.

ETA: I opened the account with just a $10 deposit from my credit card. So looking at my options, I have:
1: Buy a gift card for extra 5% = $10.50
3: Do nothing, get 2% or $5, whichever is more = $15, because 2% of $10 is 20 cents...
4: Request refund and get $10 back to my card

image.png

Yay - a 50% return!! Lol.

Totally kicking myself in the butt for sitting on $2200 in GC and not uploading to the DVA website. That extra % would have been awesome.

That totally sux but now I'm not feeling so bad. I was kicking myself for being lazy over $100. I stopped in Target last night to pick up a $100 GC but that store had run out and I was feeling lazy about picking up 2 $50's. So I stopped at a different one today on the way into work and got the $100 but figuring I'd just enter it tonight when I got home. Apparently about an hour later I got the email :headache:

I think though I'll still make out with the 5% on my existing balance over the 2% I would have got once my goal was met. Surprise surprise the site was down when I tried to login to double check my balance (and maybe try to sneak the last GC into it :P).

Oh, I keep meaning to post, my Targets have started carrying the $25 cards again. The registers are still $50 but if you check the gift card rack by the greeting cards there's always a $25 spot there now in my area. The display in Electronic is 50/50 whether it's got a spot for $25's.

Can I buy GC with GC at Toys'r'us?

(I apologize if this has been asked before)

No you can't...system won't allow it.
Was that a recent experience? Any details? TRU has been a little strange. There seemed to be some limit in place. As long as the transaction was less than $100, it use to go though. $100 or more and it required a manager approval. It's been a while since I tried.

Was that a recent experience? Any details? TRU has been a little strange. There seemed to be some limit in place. As long as the transaction was less than $100, it use to go though. $100 or more and it required a manager approval. It's been a while since I tried.
I work there a day a week to get out of the house. There is no way to override it anymore. Has been this way for about a year, year and a half. You can purchase a Visa prepaid card with a credit card...thats about it. We can't even sell toys r us gift cards for toys r us gift cards.

Make sure to request any bonuses that are due to you before converting out to a gift card. I have been saving up all my bonuses so I calculate that I am owed a $100 gift card. ($5,028 spent in last 3 years.)

I have $613 left in my Disney Vacation Account, so I assume it would make more sense to request a gift card with the 5% then use it to pay for my hotel room next month.

Ugh, I just opened a DVA on the 8th. Annoying.

ETA: I opened the account with just a $10 deposit from my credit card. So looking at my options, I have:
1: Buy a gift card for extra 5% = $10.50
3: Do nothing, get 2% or $5, whichever is more = $15, because 2% of $10 is 20 cents...
4: Request refund and get $10 back to my card
ROFL- you got a big decision to make there! Choose wisely.

So what's everyone going to do now that DVA is going away? It was such an easy place to dump my gift cards. *sigh* I guess I'm just going to have to load them all up onto different gift cards and use those for vacations. What a pain.
UGG! so glad I read this site every day, I would have missed the email since it goes to an account I never read. We've been saving for a cruise/DW vacation next year. Guess we will let them send a check in September with 2% GC and roll it over again for another 10% off. Just have to watch very carefully to make sure they don't put it back on the 50+ gift cards we've used so far

UGG! so glad I read this site every day, I would have missed the email since it goes to an account I never read. We've been saving for a cruise/DW vacation next year. Guess we will let them send a check in September with 2% GC and roll it over again for another 10% off. Just have to watch very carefully to make sure they don't put it back on the 50+ gift cards we've used so far
I'm operating under the assumption the money in your DVA came from those 50+ gift cards but I'm still confused...

"just have to watch very carefully to make sure the don't put it back on the 50+ gift cards we've used so far"
-but they said if you don't do anything your money will be refunded to your original form of payment or by check. If it was USD$ from a bank account they have to send a check but if it was gift cards this reads to me like they're refunding your money back to your 50+ gift cards. If you put the money in the account from the gift cards I see no way for you to force Disney to refund your money via check, they seem to have already thought that part through

"send a check... with 2% GC and roll it over again for another 10% off"
-how do you roll over a GC for another 10% off? If you meant roll the check I get how you'd get another 10% turning those into new gift cards

(Personally, it really doesn't seem like a good risk-reward here waiting and hoping you get your money via check instead of refunded to gift cards, I'd take the extra 5% on new gift cards now.)

I was thinking the same thing, and am hoping that a check will be an option for payment, but I don't think it is likely. I have already sent the question to DVA, and my fingers are crossed. If not, I will not take any chances as most of my deposits were via GC, and I probably don't have most of those anymore, so 5% will be my best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter