Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my BJs last week, and found a very different and upsetting situation. I was trying to buy 2 $100 cards for DS Senior Trip next week, always buy the $100 as best % off as mentioned. However, they only had $150(for $146.99), some $50(no price tag), and a ton of $25-500/pick your amount - I figured this means no discount, so checked with cashier, and she said that whatever amount you put on you would pay, confirming this. She also said they would probably be getting more $100 in, but I am pretty sure that is not correct:sad:. I had my parents check their BJs today, and only had the pick your amount. I will call a few other stores nearby to see if they have any left, but really bummed if this is the way it is going to be - BJs will lose a lot of sales of these - why would I buy there if no discount? But I am guessing it may be Disney changing the policy.

Really wish I had bought these last month - got one at our ShopRite w/$10 off grocery offer, but figured I'd get the others there, and just put it off. Could have ordered online last week, but was afraid they wouldn't come in time.

Don't know if others have already posted about this, but thought I'd give an FYI .

I wouldn't expect BJ's to just stop stocking them, they'll probably return at some point but maybe not in time for the trip. I thought my stores decided to get rid of the 3pks because they were gone for months, like no pegs for them or anything, but they came back in time for summer. And yes, the variable load ones (of anything) are the only ones without a discount. I had CS price check the $500 one because they didn't have a tag on it (still 484.99) and he was telling me they all have a discount except for any variable load ones - which makes sense but not sure why I'm buying them then?
If you have access to Target they have Disney eGiftCards, so you can keep trying and do the Target 5% as a last resort.

Heads up: I went Friday to get each of my kids a $25 card at BJ’s and they are $24.49. Only a 50 cent savings! Bummer- not worth bothering for me. Hopefully this isn’t the case for the larger cards next.

Heads up: I went Friday to get each of my kids a $25 card at BJ’s and they are $24.49. Only a 50 cent savings! Bummer- not worth bothering for me. Hopefully this isn’t the case for the larger cards next.
Unfortunately, or I guess fortunately really, they've been like that for a long time. Small denominations of gift cards have the worst discount, some are 1% or maybe less for as long as I've paid attention to it. At least that one is 2%, but doesn't feel like it since it's only pennies. Usually you have to get ones 100 or more to see the 3-5% discounts. For small denominations I stick with Target redcard. I got lucky at Christmas and they had nearly all the $25's I needed for gifts when they added new restaurant options so I didn't have to be disappointed at BJs.

So if my math is right, the $100 and $500 Disney GC's from Sam's are only 3% savings. Why wouldn't everyone buy them from Target instead using the Redcard and get 5% off? Am I missing something obvious here? (Which is entirely possible )

So if my math is right, the $100 and $500 Disney GC's from Sam's are only 3% savings. Why wouldn't everyone buy them from Target instead using the Redcard and get 5% off? Am I missing something obvious here? (Which is entirely possible )

If you’re just paying out of pocket yes, Target is better. However, some people can get Walmart/Sams GCs from reward programs where Target is not an option.

Sometimes a credit card will offer bonus rewards for shopping at a warehouse. Last quarter, Discover offered 5% and if you're a new card holder, they will match all rewards at the end of the first year. So, that 3% discount becomes more like 10% for some people.

Note that the new Best Buy Savings Codes have the following language:

"Redeemable in any US or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location or online at best Buy.com where available for merchandise or services, including some Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad Related Services, prepaid open loop cards and third party gift cards."

I assume they meant to exclude open loop and third party gift cards even though that is not what it actually says, but I'm sure someone will try it at Best Buy and tell us if it actually works..

Not everyone has red card.

Adding on to previous responses, I think there was a thread back a-ways that said BJ's coupons were working on gift cards too. I'm not a primary member so I don't get the coupon mailers and I always forget to ask if they got any to try it out :) And I'm never lucky enough to get one at the bottom of the receipt, just the chance to win a gift card for some feedback. But I keep an eye out for them just in case it's still working.

Also if I manage to get a good discount on VGC/MGC I use it at BJ's to get a little better than 5%.

If you’re just paying out of pocket yes, Target is better. However, some people can get Walmart/Sams GCs from reward programs where Target is not an option.

Sometimes a credit card will offer bonus rewards for shopping at a warehouse. Last quarter, Discover offered 5% and if you're a new card holder, they will match all rewards at the end of the first year. So, that 3% discount becomes more like 10% for some people.

Not everyone has red card.

Adding on to previous responses, I think there was a thread back a-ways that said BJ's coupons were working on gift cards too. I'm not a primary member so I don't get the coupon mailers and I always forget to ask if they got any to try it out :) And I'm never lucky enough to get one at the bottom of the receipt, just the chance to win a gift card for some feedback. But I keep an eye out for them just in case it's still working.

Also if I manage to get a good discount on VGC/MGC I use it at BJ's to get a little better than 5%.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I didn't realize coupons could be used (I'll be on the lookout for those), and that there could be CC rewards for warehouse purchases. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something important before purchasing our gc's. :)

Also, like over the weekend Raise had 5% off gift cards. I bought a Wal-Mart one for 6.5% off plus 1% Ebates plus 1% credit card rewards which combined with the Sam's Club discount makes it over 10% off. Every little bit helps! If I'm short on time I'll go the Target route for the minimum 5% off.

Also, like over the weekend Raise had 5% off gift cards. I bought a Wal-Mart one for 6.5% off plus 1% Ebates plus 1% credit card rewards which combined with the Sam's Club discount makes it over 10% off. Every little bit helps! If I'm short on time I'll go the Target route for the minimum 5% off.
Question...the ones I see on Raise are all egift vouchers. Do those have to be used in store on a phone or can they be used online or what? I have redcard too, but if i can save a little more I'm open to it. Thanks!

Question...the ones I see on Raise are all egift vouchers. Do those have to be used in store on a phone or can they be used online or what? I have redcard too, but if i can save a little more I'm open to it. Thanks!

I'm not sure about in store but I've only ever used them online.

Finally got enough GCs from best buy.
Purchased $1500 worth of Disney GCs. (30 separate transactions)
Got back $150 from SB and $75 back from Chase for using Chase pay. Phew, I'm done...for now:rolleyes1

Haha we planned a last minute trip yesterday. The poor Best Buy cashiers! 15 separate $50 transactions...then I had to load them all and all they had were $25 GCs. Woof. But I’m not sad about the (hopefully) 9000 Sb and the Best Buy rewards! Worth it!

Went to Target today and had to hunt down some Disney gift cards to churn. They were almost completely sold out of them. I found some on the check out lanes as I left. I didn't think I was going to find any at all.

Went to Target today and had to hunt down some Disney gift cards to churn. They were almost completely sold out of them. I found some on the check out lanes as I left. I didn't think I was going to find any at all.

I had the same experience over the weekend. Found five $25 cards and bought four of them.

Haha we planned a last minute trip yesterday. The poor Best Buy cashiers! 15 separate $50 transactions...then I had to load them all and all they had were $25 GCs. Woof. But I’m not sad about the (hopefully) 9000 Sb and the Best Buy rewards! Worth it!
So, Best Buy IS allowing the purchase of Disney gift cards using Best Buy gift cards? I thought they stopped that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter