Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's had an ID check at OM/OD for the Happy cards, right? I have some Visa GCs that I might try to use to get some.

I did yesterday, but followed what a pp said and when I went to another HD today (the closest one to me ran out of Disney GCs), I did 3 different transactions (each for a $50.00 GC) and had no prompt for an ID check. HTH! Mind you yesterday my transaction included 1 $50.00 Visa gift card and 1 $50.00 Starbucks card. So who knows what triggered the ID check -- the total amount or the Visa GC. Either way the HD associate didn't care at all and barely glanced at my DL.

Easy peasy - Disney GCs for 20% off. I'll take that!

Hope to have luck tomorrow at BB&B with my Happy Lady cards. I overloaded on this deal because it's one of the best in a while (at least for me lol).

Thank you!

I can help with this! My Office Max had the individual HAPPY cards. Some Lady, some Dining, some Guy......I picked up 2 of the variable cards and rang them up in two separate transactions for $50 value on each. I was charged $40 for each of them. I was going to go to Sam's today but since this HAPPY deal expires tomorrow i decided to just go to a couple more Office Max stores and repeat my earlier deal. My local Office Max is right next door to my local Home Depot. I put the HAPPY guy cards in my pocket, walked next door, grabbed 2 disney gift cards, and rang up each of my $50 disney cards separately, paying with the 2 HAPPY cards from next door. I went to the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. Easy peasy and I just paid $80 for $100 worth of disney gift cards!

Thanks!!

How long does it take to receive gift cards from BJs? It took such a long time from Disney I’ve now only been getting the e-cards

I've ordered from them probably 8-10 times in the past, and each time they have shipped either the next business day or the one after that, so I would receive them about 6-7 calendar days from when I ordered.

Went to BB&B tonight with $300.00 in Happy Lady GCs. Bought a few small things and 6 x $50.00 Disney GCs. The associate was VERY reluctant to let me use the Happy Lady cards because she kept saying they were "gift cards". I showed her the writing on the back that said to ring up as Visa. She put $200.00 through and then talked to her associate and between them decided she should talk to the store manager. After 10 minutes she came back and put the remaining 2 x $50.00 cards through.

It was not the most pleasant experience, but at least it worked. I still have another $250.00 worth coming tomorrow. Not looking forward to going back to the same BB&B but for 20% off Disney GCs I will (plus I can say the store manager allowed it today).

I may head back to OD tomorrow and get a few more Happy Guy cards because it's so much easier at HD with self checkout than the hassle and embarrassment at BB&B.

No Happy GCs in the spinner at my OMOD. Anywhere else i should check ins tore?

I found them at my OD with the gift cards, but at the very, very bottom of the rack. Almost missed them. You have to scan the racks very carefully as they don't "pop out". Good luck! Promotion for 10% off $50.00 ends tomorrow.

I linked ebates in store OM/OD 3% cashback offer and got an email saying i redeemed it after purchasing a happy guy card. Money isn't in the account yet but appears it may work.

Edit to add my OM would only allow me to buy 1 $50 card. Bought disney at HD with no problems.

Last edited:
The Happy Guy gift cards seem very popular. I suggest you call the Office Depot store before going. I went to one and they were sold out and another only had 2 left. They said they are out at all the other stores near me.

Wish I saw this earlier! Stopped by my OM after work, and they were all out. Only the dining ones left.

No Happy GCs in the spinner at my OMOD. Anywhere else i should check ins tore?

I haven't looked for GCs in a while apparently at OM, I didn't have any in the front of the store. They had a greeting card spinner instead now (honestly would have never thought to buy a greeting card at an office supply store) and I didn't see any near the registers. In the back of the store in front of the print services counter was one of the rectangular racks like HD or Best Buy has for them. Looked like everything was there now for this store, one side was reloadables and the other sides full of mostly 3rd party cards. Of course the side with the Happy cards was decimated, but I could have had any number of Disney ones at full price, those pegs were full :)

Just went to OD, no Happy cards on display, the discount sign was on the GC stand so I asked and they had stacks that they hadn’t put out. I only got 2. Tomorrow I’m going to Staples to get some Visa GC with my Amex, still have some 10% cash back. Then going back to OD. I’ll get $250 in Disney GC for $185.40, that’s a 26% savings.

Last edited:
Just went to OD, no Happy cards on display, the discount sign was on the GC stand so I asked and they had stacks that they hadn’t put out. I only got 2. Tomorrow I’m going to Staples to get some Visa GC with my Amex, still have some 10% cash back. Then going back to OD. I’ll get $250 in Disney GC for $185.40, that’s a 26% savings.
Sorry if its been talked about before but how are you getting 10% at Staples? I get 5% on my business Amex

What percent off Disney gift cards do you jump on? 20% and over? 15%?And what do you think is easy/typical to get? (e.g., at least 5% off at Target).

Sorry if its been talked about before but how are you getting 10% at Staples? I get 5% on my business Amex

My Amex offer is 10% at Staples (SPG bus). I thought all the Amex offers were for 10% on the busn cards. Is yours only 5?

I hold out for 20% just cause I can easily get that doing the Kroger fuel points thing.

Please let me in on how you're getting 20% at Kroger! Most recently, I bought a $500 GC during the 4x fuel promo.
500 x 4 = 2,000 fuel points.

$2.00 off × max 35 gallons = $70
$10 off from 2% cash back CC
That's 16% off - are you using the Amex 6% back on groceries?

I'm headed to BBB tomorrow with my Happy GC's. I was planning on just using a couple for a transaction. I never shop there usually. Is the credit swipe on the customer end? I purchased the last few Happy Guy Gift cards for HD, which I prefer to use since it's next door to the Office Max I frequent. I'd rather not draw attention to myself.

What percent off Disney gift cards do you jump on? 20% and over? 15%?And what do you think is easy/typical to get? (e.g., at least 5% off at Target).
This is a great question - I’m looking forward to reading the responses. I agree that the target 5% is easy to get. I have purchased from Target a number of times because it’s an easy instant savings. I’m still fairly new to this, but I personally jump on anything over the 5%, especially if I can stack it with other offers (e.g., when RMN had the $10 off Walgreens + the CF 5% category).

Please let me in on how you're getting 20% at Kroger! Most recently, I bought a $500 GC during the 4x fuel promo.
500 x 4 = 2,000 fuel points.

$2.00 off × max 35 gallons = $70
$10 off from 2% cash back CC
That's 16% off - are you using the Amex 6% back on groceries?

This is what I do. I get the full value for $1 off per gallon on 35 gallons (14%) plus 6% from the Amex blue preferred. So 20% is my minimum. I especially like the Kroger 4x deal on visa/Mc gc’s since I can then take those to Best Buy and use with the Swagbucks qr code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter