Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got an email from a B2B rep at BJs as I've purchased $1,000 - $2,000 at a time in the past for upcoming trips, notifying me of a current promotion. Even though they would be the only ones to know that I had placed previous orders, I was wary of phishing and was not going to call someone and give my credit card info. So it worked out, as I was able to place an order on their web site and then email him the order number and because I bought 50 of the $100 cards he added another $199.50 discount off the order due to the promotion. So if you have a big trip planned and will be buying a stack of gift cards anyway, see the email chain from this evening and send an email to one of the two B2B reps noted in the thread to arrange for the extra discount - goes until the end of October.

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 10/11/18, Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com> wrote:
Subject: Disney Gift Card Promotion
To: "Sullivan, Bryant" <bsullivan@bjs.com>,
"Lockhart, Brian" <blockhart@bjs.com>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 5:49 PM

We are running a promotion on the Disney gift cards from now through the end of October. Since you have purchased Disney cards in larger quantities from BJs.com in the past, we wanted to reach out directly to see if you are interested in placing any orders for cards at this time.

We are offering discounts from 5% - 8% off of face value depending on the size of the order. Please let us know how many cards you are interested in and we will place the orders on your behalf through BJs.com. We have inventory available so we can ship with our standard 3-5 day lead times for card activation.
Please feel free to call directly if you would like to discuss in more details.

Link to Website:

https://www.bjs.com/category/gift-cards/124013?query=disney

-----------------Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:10 PM
To: Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>; Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>
Subject: Re: Disney Gift Card Promotion

Hi Bryant,

How many need to be purchased to get the 8% discount?

Thanks
Jeff H

---------------------------
Subject: RE: Disney Gift Card Promotion
To: "Jeff H"

Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 7:14 PM

Jeff, thanks for the quick response. We are looking for orders above $5,000 to qualify for the full 8% off of face value discount, for a $92 price on the $100 cards. For $2,000 we would be able to offer a 5% discount that would give you a $95 price on the $100 cards.

Let us know how many cards you are interested in and we can set up an order for you.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

-----------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:24 PM
To: Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>;
Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>

Bryant,

OK thanks, I will take $5,000 worth, they don't have an expiration date so those should last me for quite a while!

Thanks
Jeff
To: "Jeff H" , "Lockhart, Brian" <blockhart@bjs.com>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018, 7:52 PM

Jeff, sounds good. We can place the order via phone or you can place the order directly on BJs.com and send us the order confirmation and we will apply the discount.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928
----------------------------
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:01 PM
To: Lockhart, Brian <blockhart@bjs.com>; Sullivan, Bryant <bsullivan@bjs.com>

Bryant,

Done - order number is 8145xxxx

I am a regular participant on a Disney forum and it's a popular topic on how to get better deals on gift cards. Did you want me to pass your email addresses to the forum users? You may get a few responses or a lot, but I wanted to check with you before posting the addresses.

Thanks
Jeff

------------------------------
Jeff, all set. The credit has been applied to your order. Please free to pass along this offer and our contact information to the forum that you mentioned

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Thanks for verifying! I got the email also and was concerned also (it's odd right) so headed over here to see what the response was. So the 8% was on top of the original discounted price? It was 4%+/- with the $100 GC purchases correct, is that discount still in play?

Today I got an email from a B2B rep at BJs as I've purchased $1,000 - $2,000 at a time in the past for upcoming trips, notifying me of a current promotion. Even though they would be the only ones to know that I had placed previous orders, I was wary of phishing and was not going to call someone and give my credit card info. So it worked out, as I was able to place an order on their web site and then email him the order number and because I bought 50 of the $100 cards he added another $199.50 discount off the order due to the promotion. So if you have a big trip planned and will be buying a stack of gift cards anyway, see the email chain from this evening and send an email to one of the two B2B reps noted in the thread to arrange for the extra discount - goes until the end of October.

We are running a promotion on the Disney gift cards from now through the end of October. Since you have purchased Disney cards in larger quantities from BJs.com in the past, we wanted to reach out directly to see if you are interested in placing any orders for cards at this time.

We are offering discounts from 5% - 8% off of face value depending on the size of the order. Please let us know how many cards you are interested in and we will place the orders on your behalf through BJs.com. We have inventory available so we can ship with our standard 3-5 day lead times for card activation.

Link to Website:

Hi Bryant,

Thanks
Jeff H

Jeff, thanks for the quick response. We are looking for orders above $5,000 to qualify for the full 8% off of face value discount, for a $92 price on the $100 cards. For $2,000 we would be able to offer a 5% discount that would give you a $95 price on the $100 cards.

Let us know how many cards you are interested in and we can set up an order for you.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Bryant,

OK thanks, I will take $5,000 worth, they don't have an expiration date so those should last me for quite a while!

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff, sounds good. We can place the order via phone or you can place the order directly on BJs.com and send us the order confirmation and we will apply the discount.

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Bryant,

I am a regular participant on a Disney forum and it's a popular topic on how to get better deals on gift cards. Did you want me to pass your email addresses to the forum users? You may get a few responses or a lot, but I wanted to check with you before posting the addresses.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff, all set. The credit has been applied to your order. Please free to pass along this offer and our contact information to the forum that you mentioned

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

So I just went to BJ's site to confirm what the standard discount is and it is 8% for any purchase $100 Disney GC. Did you get an additional 8%? How much was your initial purchase of 50 x $100 GC's? Thanks

Link to Website:

Hi Bryant,

Thanks
Jeff H

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Bryant,

Thanks
Jeff

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928

Bryant,

Thanks
Jeff

Thank you,
Bryant P. Sullivan
Director, B2B Sales
774-512-5928
I just checked the Bj's website - all Disney giftcards are 8% off right now, any amount! You could get $25, or $1000. Never seen this deal, but I'll be getting some now! Thank you so much for the heads up!

I just checked the Bj's website - all Disney giftcards are 8% off right now, any amount! You could get $25, or $1000. Never seen this deal, but I'll be getting some now! Thank you so much for the heads up!
Thank you for heads up. Bought Visa cards with 5%+5 % Discover + Bjs Disney 8%-1%for Visa purchase =17% no work at all it's a day!

Wow, even the 500 Disney is 8% off at BJs and still free shipping. That's awesome if you needed a large amount.

I can't find a date for how long it will last. In the app it shows that it's an instant rebate, those usually show the promo period but I didn't see it. So I popped on to the laptop to check but it's showing all the Disney as "member only price" and when I sign in it's just the new discounted price; nothing showing the terms.

Just a PSA for those with Discover and Freedom category bonuses this quarter, they max out at $1500. (I can sometimes forget when I'm doing the math and then disappointed when I realize it won't be discounted that much :p)

Thanks for the heads up on the BJ's deal! I just bought $500 worth for 8%off. I was planning to do Sam's today for the Dosh deal, which I probably will still do because that would be 4% plus the additional 5% back for Dosh and hopefully the Uber credit will still count. We just got back from WDW yesterday and I have another trip in 6.5 weeks! Yikes. I better get on the ball with my gift cards!

Do you use a new email address for your Sam's membership each year? I've been doing the Groupon deal for a few years now, but I keep having to use a new email when I register for the Sam's membership. We've blown through our primary, secondary and junk email addresses just so we can register as new Sam's members every fall. I'm going to have to use my work email next if I can't figure a way to keep using one of our old email addresses.

I alternate email addresses each year. This year I am the primary so I use my email address. Next year we will use DH's email address because he will be the primary. The Groupon/Living Social deals only require that you have not had an active membership within the past 6 months. We've never had a problem.

I alternate email addresses each year. This year I am the primary so I use my email address. Next year we will use DH's email address because he will be the primary. The Groupon/Living Social deals only require that you have not had an active membership within the past 6 months. We've never had a problem.

Hmmm, I'll have to try again. I don't have problems with Groupon, but when I go to register the new membership with Sam's it was giving me an error, something along the lines of "that email already exists".

Nice savings on BJ deal!

I’m “happy” to report the Happy card at HD worked flawlessly after my BB&B fiasco. My stop and shop took $10 off grocery order with card loaded onto app. They only do one card per stop and shop number so it’s kind of limited and HD is only on the Happy Male. Looks like those are out of stock at GCM so people are catching onto that redemption

Cannot use HD gift cards to buy Disney gift cards.
This isn't correct, is it?

No coupon is needed, but just buy one for $50 and you'll get a $10 credit on one. Then, buy another and get another $10 off. It must be done in separate transactions.
I guess i'm confused what a "Happy Guy" goofy card is. I thought I would just walk into Office Max and purchase a $50 Home Depot card for $40. Should I be looking for something special to make it "happy"?

Hmmm, I'll have to try again. I don't have problems with Groupon, but when I go to register the new membership with Sam's it was giving me an error, something along the lines of "that email already exists".

Hoping things haven't changed (we've been doing this deal for about the past 3-4 years). We're going to have to "renew" our Sam's membership with a new Groupon deal in December so I'll let you know then if I have trouble registering the membership using our previous email.

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

Quick question: has Target done away with email delivery on Disney gift cards? I tried to a reorder of my past purchase (2 weeks ago) and it states the item cannot be found. I looked in the normal gift card section and only saw physical cards that need shipped. Please help!

ETA: Nevermind, I found them. They aren't under the giftcards for some reason.... now return to you regular scheduled programming.

Last edited:
This isn't correct, is it?

I guess i'm confused what a "Happy Guy" goofy card is. I thought I would just walk into Office Max and purchase a $50 Home Depot card for $40. Should I be looking for something special to make it "happy"?

The Happy gift cards is a line of cards that can be used at certain groupings of retailers. They put together seemingly similar merchants and that card can be used at any merchant listed on the card. Here's the website for what to look for in stores: happycards.com

So it's like a Visa prepaid gift card, but instead of it being accepted everywhere Visa is, it's only accepted at the merchants listed on the card. It's processed as a credit card on the Visa network, so for stores like Home Depot that don't accept GC > GC, this will still work because it's a credit transaction.

Some may already know, but I saw on a FB group that Sam's has Gordon Biersch Gift Cards $80 for $100 worth. These can be used at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk. We frequent the Epcot area resorts and will be at the Dolphin end of this month. Just ordered a pack this morning (only avail online it appears).

I added on a pack of envelopes, testing to see if I could get the uber credit. I've seen a few reports of it working with online orders.
- My total was $90.66. $80 something on WM GC, remainder on my freedom
- No uber credit, which I really wasn't expecting
- Dosh credit for the full order, around $4.50, as opposed to only the $10ish on my CC?! So that was nice...and interesting.

I looked back quite a ways but didn't see, is there any know limit to how often we can do the Sam's club Dosh or Uber credits? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter