Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to receive gift cards from BJs? It took such a long time from Disney I’ve now only been getting the e-cards

Some may already know, but I saw on a FB group that Sam's has Gordon Biersch Gift Cards $80 for $100 worth. These can be used at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk. We frequent the Epcot area resorts and will be at the Dolphin end of this month. Just ordered a pack this morning (only avail online it appears)

Thanks-I didn't realize there were any other chains on Disney property! Are there any others besides Landry's and Starbucks?

Last edited:

Thank you for heads up. Bought Visa cards with 5%+5 % Discover + Bjs Disney 8%-1%for Visa purchase =17% no work at all it's a day!

I think I followed most of that, but was wanted to clarify some confusion!
5% Discover (this is the rotating categories you get CB from)
8% BJs (current discount for Disney GCs at BJs)
-1% Visa (cost for activating/loading the Visa Card)

I wasn't sure where you got the initial 5% off from the Visa cards though. Perhaps I missed something, or didn't go back far enough in this thread!

Is there a limit how many sets of $50 "Happy" cards you can buy? I just bought 2 $50 "Happy" cards in 2 separate transactions and paid $40 for each one at Office Max. As a matter of fact the employee stopped me after the second one and said, "wait, that only charges $40".....which prompted me to say, "yes, that is why on buying them"! Then I walked right next door and bought 2 $50 disney gift cards :)

I think I followed most of that, but was wanted to clarify some confusion!
5% Discover (this is the rotating categories you get CB from)
8% BJs (current discount for Disney GCs at BJs)
-1% Visa (cost for activating/loading the Visa Card)

I wasn't sure where you got the initial 5% off from the Visa cards though. Perhaps I missed something, or didn't go back far enough in this thread!
5% + bonus 5% did buy Visa from bjs with discover

Thanks-I didn't realize there were any other chains on Disney property! Are there any others besides Landry's and Starbucks?

Haven't really thought about it too much, but now that I am.....not any others in the parks, that I can think of. I know in DS there's Sprinkles and Polite Pig is a part of another company. Also, Blaze pizza, I think. There's prob a few others in DS.

Is there a limit how many sets of $50 "Happy" cards you can buy? I just bought 2 $50 "Happy" cards in 2 separate transactions and paid $40 for each one at Office Max. As a matter of fact the employee stopped me after the second one and said, "wait, that only charges $40".....which prompted me to say, "yes, that is why on buying them"! Then I walked right next door and bought 2 $50 disney gift cards :)

The limit is supposed to be two in one transaction but I’ve found none of the cashiers really care. I don’t try and take advantage of them, but I definitely did more than 2 transactions at my stores:rolleyes1

Running some errands shortly.

Dosh deal - I know the limit is $20/day at Sam's. But can it be in 2 different transactions?

Happy deal - I've tried to follow it but got lost, I'm sorry! I've seen the little Happy Combo packs (not in store but a picture). So I go to office depot and buy 2 ($25) GC's and it rings up $40? That's it or am I supposed to do something else?

Thanks all :)

Dosh deal - I know the limit is $20/day at Sam's. But can it be in 2 different transactions?

Happy deal - I've tried to follow it but got lost, I'm sorry! I've seen the little Happy Combo packs (not in store but a picture). So I go to office depot and buy 2 ($25) GC's and it rings up $40? That's it or am I supposed to do something else?

I can answer the first one! It's $20 per account. If you have another account (linked to another card) you could do that.

I can answer the first one! It's $20 per account. If you have another account (linked to another card) you could do that.

Yep, DH and I have sep accts. I was trying a little test this morning with a Sam's order with some WM GC's. I put about $10 on my CC that's linked to Dosh. I just wanted to make sure if I went into Sam's this evening and purchased a couple hundred in GC's I would get the Dosh credit from that too.

The Happy gift cards is a line of cards that can be used at certain groupings of retailers. They put together seemingly similar merchants and that card can be used at any merchant listed on the card. Here's the website for what to look for in stores: happycards.com

So it's like a Visa prepaid gift card, but instead of it being accepted everywhere Visa is, it's only accepted at the merchants listed on the card. It's processed as a credit card on the Visa network, so for stores like Home Depot that don't accept GC > GC, this will still work because it's a credit transaction.
Thank you!

I can help with this! My Office Max had the individual HAPPY cards. Some Lady, some Dining, some Guy......I picked up 2 of the variable cards and rang them up in two separate transactions for $50 value on each. I was charged $40 for each of them. I was going to go to Sam's today but since this HAPPY deal expires tomorrow i decided to just go to a couple more Office Max stores and repeat my earlier deal. My local Office Max is right next door to my local Home Depot. I put the HAPPY guy cards in my pocket, walked next door, grabbed 2 disney gift cards, and rang up each of my $50 disney cards separately, paying with the 2 HAPPY cards from next door. I went to the self serve kiosk at Home Depot. Easy peasy and I just paid $80 for $100 worth of disney gift cards!

No one's had an ID check at OM/OD for the Happy cards, right? I have some Visa GCs that I might try to use to get some.

My gift card stalking update. I finally got near an Office Max today. Despite no signage anywhere of any GC sales, all the Happy spots where empty :( There were a few others empty too so could have just been a timing thing. Bummed on that as there was a Home Depot and B&N in the same shopping center for easy liquidation (so probably not a timing thing :p). I have very little options for OD/OM so I guess I'm waiting for the next sale.

Stopped in BJ's and since I was there stalked the GC racks as usual. Some of the other GC's listed on sale on the website were signed on sale in store too. Of course not the Disney ones, and I did not have time to price check them.

• The website has AMC Black Ticket 2 pks on sale for $2 off. That was the same discount in store except my store carries the Yellow tickets which are more restrictive. In store was $15.99 for 2 Yellow or $25.99 for 2 Yellow and a $10 GC.
  • Regal 2 pks on sale for 16.99 and the 2 tix + $10 GC are $26.49. I don't know if Regal has different levels of tickets like AMC does, but these are lower than the options on the website.
  • SpaWeek, $50 multi pack for $34.99. This should be the same instore and online.
  • New GC's:
    • Cirque Du Soleil. $50 and $100 denominations but no price tag so no idea if on sale or what the discount is.
    • Amtrak. $50 only for $48.99. Don't remember seeing that one before.
    • IHOP. $30 multi pack for $23.99. This is on a clipless coupon sale, regular price is 28.99.
On sale in store but not online -

• Hotels .com. There's a clipless coupon for $11 off the $100 card, final price $84.99.
  • Spotify. Also clipless coupon $6 off the $60 card, final price $51.99
They put up many more variable load GC's which is not helpful since they're not discounted :( I didn't see and end date anywhere on the coupons so not sure how long those promos will last.

The happy deal worked very well today, got 4 and bought 4 disney gift cards at homedepot. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter