Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...my register no longer prompts for a signature or an ID. This is a recent update. The only time I need a signature is with a Home Depot credit card. I try a real cashier next time and I don’t see an issue. Maybe someone can try it and let us all know. I don’t have an Office Max in my state or I would try it myself.

Good to know. I will give it a shot. Also, if you have a Safeway in your area you can still get a decent deal as they have Happy Dads for 10% for a few more days.

My Amex offer is 10% at Staples (SPG bus). I thought all the Amex offers were for 10% on the busn cards. Is yours only 5?
Yeah I have the simply cash business card and its always been only 5%. Last month i had an Amex offer for 10% up to $1000

Got two happy guy card went to hd register won’t accept them for cards or even a candy bar call number on back have balence on them they said take 24 hour some time any one else have this happen

Last edited:
I decided to get more Happy Guy cards at OD today (since it's the last day for the extra $10.00 off $50.00). I was the first customer in the store and the cash register, for some reason, wasn't starting up. The cashier called over the Assistant Store Manager, who said in no uncertain terms (when he saw my 5 cards) "only 1 gift card per transaction". He then left and the cashier said "sorry, I have to ring them up as 1 transaction" (which would mean that I would only get 1 card -- otherwise I'd dilute the savings). So I very nicely told him I would just keep lining up and buying 1 at a time and to keep the pile handy for me. He discreetly looked around and put the 5 separate transactions through for me. When he was done the Assistant Store Manager swung by the cash and boy did he give the cashier the evil look for completing my transactions.

I did take the last 5 Happy Guy cards on the rack. I have 4 cards left for BB&B and heading over there now. Not excited to go through the experience I went through last night -- hope that it's easier today. But for 20% off Disney GCs I deem that it's worth it!

My OD ran out of Happy Guy cards. I was able to grab the last 2 and was able to convert to Disney at HD no problem through self checkout. Got $100 worth of Happy Lady cards, but our local BB&B doesn't carry gift cards! Is there a way to find out which BB&B carry gift cards without calling each store? There are several in my area, but not super close.

My OD ran out of Happy Guy cards. I was able to grab the last 2 and was able to convert to Disney at HD no problem through self checkout. Got $100 worth of Happy Lady cards, but our local BB&B doesn't carry gift cards! Is there a way to find out which BB&B carry gift cards without calling each store? There are several in my area, but not super close.

I'd just call a few. I called the closest one to me and they said they carried GCs and also told me they had Disney GCs!

I finished my last 4 Happy Lady cards at BB&B this afternoon. I waited for a young cashier and she put the Disney GCs through no problem -- thank goodness!

Hi - I’m new to this looking for savings for Disney GC’s. I’ve done BJ’s with the Discover promotion but that’s about it. Reading some of these posts with abbreviations is quite confusing- is there a good intro post somewhere? I’d like to learn about what Dosh, RMN, and other things are. Getting a deal is quite addicting!

Hi - I’m new to this looking for savings for Disney GC’s. I’ve done BJ’s with the Discover promotion but that’s about it. Reading some of these posts with abbreviations is quite confusing- is there a good intro post somewhere? I’d like to learn about what Dosh, RMN, and other things are. Getting a deal is quite addicting!

Not that I'm aware of, it changes as the deals change, but mostly we've been discussing cashback apps lately. Dosh is the name of the app, RMN is RetailMeNot, SB is Swagbucks. Sometimes the best deal is stacking a sale with an app or cash back portal and credit card.

If there's an abbreviation not clear let us know. Sometimes even I feel like I'm back in the early days of texting when I post :)

When you do self checkout are you buying variable load Disney gift cards?
This was a variable load Happy card at the Office Max and Office Depot stores I went to on 10/12 and 10/13. I told the cashier I wanted $50 on the Happy Guy card each time and just to be safe I did 2 at a time in separate transactions. The total for each was $40.

I liked this deal because it didn't take a lot of thought. Went to OM for the Happy card then next door to HD for the disney gift card. Using self check out was great because no one was in my business :)

The Happy deal expired yesterday as far as I can tell.....I have 2 pages to read in this thread so hopefully there is another good deal in the making. I am now keeping a spreadsheet for this trip in 6 weeks and I have a lot of Disney GC to buy to pay for our 4 night stay at CR Theme park view!

This was a variable load Happy card at the Office Max and Office Depot stores I went to on 10/12 and 10/13. I told the cashier I wanted $50 on the Happy Guy card each time and just to be safe I did 2 at a time in separate transactions. The total for each was $40.

I liked this deal because it didn't take a lot of thought. Went to OM for the Happy card then next door to HD for the disney gift card. Using self check out was great because no one was in my business :)

The Happy deal expired yesterday as far as I can tell.....I have 2 pages to read in this thread so hopefully there is another good deal in the making. I am now keeping a spreadsheet for this trip in 6 weeks and I have a lot of Disney GC to buy to pay for our 4 night stay at CR Theme park view!

Is this Safeway gas stations?

Plus the 5% Uber credit when doing the Visa locals thingy . . .
Yes! I had $60 worth of Uber credit from using the Sams Dosh deal and it came in handy last week when we Ubered to Universal then back to Boardwalk without paying a dime out of pocket!

I seriously considered it for a second but then I realized I am a baby (honestly, I can't believe I did the second transaction after the first one!) and eventhough logically it's not stealing because the cards have no value I would totally get sweaty and awkward and just look like I was up to something. I would probaly get the cops called on me in seconds for acting suspicious.

It's a good thing I am not typically inclined to do anything 'bad' because I would never be able to get away with it :rotfl:
I know, right? It's totally on the up and up but I felt guilty as well! A cashier even came up to me when I was in the self check aisle and was asking me about disney gift cards in general. I know my face had to be red!

Is this Safeway gas stations?
We don't have anything Safeway around these parts. I went to Office Max and Office Depot for the Happy Guy cards then to Home Depot to convert them to Disney Gift cards.

The dirty cat toys lying around my house probably don't have value either, but if someone took them, it would still be stealing. You'd still be taking something from a store that doesn't belong to you. I think this is a questionable practice, and being arrested is a pretty big deterrent for me. My head explodes every time I read about people doing this.
i think you misunderstood her post. She said she contemplated using her Happy Card to pay for the Disney Gift Card, then IF the cashier asked for identification she would hand over her drivers license and her credit card.......

i think you misunderstood her post. She said she contemplated using her Happy Card to pay for the Disney Gift Card, then IF the cashier asked for identification she would hand over her drivers license and her credit card.......
I think this was about taking gift cards from one store and paying for them at another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter