Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
At mine, I use the self checkouts and yes it works. I didn't use a cashier in case of issues. But mine requires you to put the coupon in the blinking slot. So printouts are all that work.
Used mine with a cashier this morning.

Wondering how many who took the DVC phone tour have already received their e-gift card? I called right after I got the invitation email on Tuesday around 1pm MT. Unfortunately that was right when cell service died. They had already verified all my information and I was being transferred to the sales team. I did get a call back from her but it also dropped. Through about four calls we went through the whole spiel and she said two to three days for the email. Still waiting. She also said under no circumstances would they send out another egift email. I wouldn’t be upset except that was an hour ordeal instead of 15-20 minutes like it should gave been.

I called around 2pm and had mine the next morning, but I was told on the phone it could take up to 7 days. I'd give it a few more days then call and ask if they have any way to track if it was sent yet or not.

Wondering how many who took the DVC phone tour have already received their e-gift card? I called right after I got the invitation email on Tuesday around 1pm MT. Unfortunately that was right when cell service died. They had already verified all my information and I was being transferred to the sales team. I did get a call back from her but it also dropped. Through about four calls we went through the whole spiel and she said two to three days for the email. Still waiting. She also said under no circumstances would they send out another egift email. I wouldn’t be upset except that was an hour ordeal instead of 15-20 minutes like it should gave been.
I received mine the very next day also.

got it the next day in the AM.

got my DCG from Meijer last weekend when they had 10% off GC--what a production I went on thurs and got $50 for 45--sent to self checkout that was my first mistake--I coulndt figure out how to get the discount so had to get the cashier who overseas the self check to help--he couldn't figure it out either so he just put it through as a miscelliounas coupon then it worked and I got my 5$ off

so I went back on sat since that was the last day--and I had more extra cash--the lines were very long so I went to self checkout again--the girl there said I needed to "clip" a coupon or have their app on my phone--Im not good with store apps really don't know how to use them--I told her the story from thurs and she said that guy shouldn't have done it that way--that's not my fault--so she said go to CS and see what they can do

the person there "really loved her job" and was no help at all told her both stories from thurs and just when I was at self checkout

she said the CG were one time use--but the girl at SCO said I really use my one time since it was put through as a MIS coupon--tried to explain this to her and she just kept repeating one time use--so I could see I wasn't going to get anywhere with her so I left

so by this time I was fuming--what I hate is you have their rewards card and yet you still need something else to get extra deals--if you have the rewards card that all you should need

anyways I got home and called there CS and got this extremely helpful person who walked me through the coupon part of there ads and how to "clip" the coupons

so when DH got home we went back and he felt bad for me so he bought a 100$ for me I was only going to get 50

I know this is after the fact but it might help someone at somepoint

got my DCG from Meijer last weekend when they had 10% off GC--what a production
I went to self checkout again--the girl there said I needed to "clip" a coupon or have their app on my phone
Yes - you need to "clip" the coupon on the app for your MPerks account. The sale goes thru at full price, and within two hours the value of your 10% discount from your gift card purchase will apear in your MPerks account. The next time you check out at Meijer, and after entering your MPerks account or phone number, there will be a meesage that pops up on the checkout screen, asking if you want to use the credit. It is very easy, once you know the process. I have yet to have any problems, following these steps.

You don't have to use the Meijer app on a phone; you should also be able to "clip" the coupon from a computer, through Meijer's site. You do need to have an MPerks account, though.

If you have an MPerks account, you might try logging in to practice, as their regular online coupons are clipped in the same manner (though that discount is applied when you make the purchase, unlike the GC promo, which is credited slightly later, as a credit good for your next Meijer purchase).

Yes - you need to "clip" the coupon on the app for your MPerks account. The sale goes thru at full price, and within two hours the value of your 10% discount from your gift card purchase will apear in your MPerks account. The next time you check out at Meijer, and after entering your MPerks account or phone number, there will be a meesage that pops up on the checkout screen, asking if you want to use the credit. It is very easy, once you know the process. I have yet to have any problems, following these steps.

You don't have to use the Meijer app on a phone; you should also be able to "clip" the coupon from a computer, through Meijer's site. You do need to have an MPerks account, though.

If you have an MPerks account, you might try logging in to practice, as their regular online coupons are clipped in the same manner (though that discount is applied when you make the purchase, unlike the GC promo, which is credited slightly later, as a credit good for your next Meijer purchase).

Actually, this coupon was simply 10% off. My 2-$500 gift cards rang up as $900. Unless it was different in different areas...?

what I hate is you have their rewards card and yet you still need something else to get extra deals--if you have the rewards card that all you should need

I TOTALLY agree! Just like Kroger, I have their card, why do I have to filter through pages of coupons. Why don't they just apply the discounts for being a rewards member and this goes for all stores.

At Costco, clipping coupons are a thing of the past. I'm not sure what the policy is for Better Health but when I go in all they ask is for my phone number and I get the savings.

Think about it, how much time do we waste/spend call it what you will, in order to save a buck. Time that can be spent with family, friends and other commitments. Multitasking is OVERRATED not to mention exhausting. There's nothing like taking your kid to practice sports etc and instead of paying attention to him/her we're on our phones clipping coupons. Nice! o_O

Last edited:
I TOTALLY agree! Just like Kroger, I have their card, why do I have to filter through pages of coupons. Why don't they just apply the discounts for being a rewards member and this goes for all stores.

At Costco, clipping coupons are a thing of the past. I'm not sure what the policy is for Better Health but when I go in all they ask is for my phone number and I get the savings.

Think about it, how much time do we waste/spend call it what you will, in order to save a buck. Time that can be spent with family, friends and other commitments. Multitasking is OVERRATED not to mention exhausting. There's nothing like taking your kid to practice sports etc and instead of paying attention to him/her we're on our phones clipping coupons. Nice! o_O

They aren't all store coupons, some are manufacturer coupons you are attaching to your card, I think that's part of the difference. Also, I've had a coupon I accidentally removed and when I tried to add it back I couldn't because they'd reached the limit of what they were going to give out. I'd never had that happen before. Target's cartwheel is starting to have man. coupons too and the same one's as Kroger often. Then if you need more it's often on coupons.com too, not that you can combine them but lots of options this way.

Happy guy gc's should work at Home Depot to buy DGC's, correct? Kroger has buy $50 in Happy cards, get $10 off groceries. Never used these Happy cards before though.

Happy guy gc's should work at Home Depot to buy DGC's, correct? Kroger has buy $50 in Happy cards, get $10 off groceries. Never used these Happy cards before though.
I just redeemed a Happy Guy GC at HD on Friday. I used the self checkout and just ran the magnetic strip thru the card reader. No problem! I'll be looking for more deals on them during the holidays because DVC raised 2019 dues an unprecedented amount and I can pay with GCs.

Just an FYI about the 10% off Happy gift card at Staples...they only have the $25 cards in store. The ad says limit 1, but usually they don't enforce that; however, if they don't enforce it people will be buying stacks of them (takes 4 to reach $100) so who knows how long before they run out.

the person there "really loved her job" and was no help at all
I was lucky enough to take advantage of this offer as well, only it took some convincing because the girl ringing me up insisted I could only purchase my gift card with a debit card. after a few minutes a manager arrived "to make an exception" for me. I may or may not have thanked her in a sarcastic tone for "making an exception" to the rule for me:confused3

I just redeemed a Happy Guy GC at HD on Friday. I used the self checkout and just ran the magnetic strip thru the card reader. No problem! I'll be looking for more deals on them during the holidays because DVC raised 2019 dues an unprecedented amount and I can pay with GCs.

Thanks. Yep, same here, looking for more giftcards for my dues. Oh and my three 2019 trips :rolleyes1

They aren't all store coupons, some are manufacturer coupons you are attaching to your card, I think that's part of the difference. Also, I've had a coupon I accidentally removed and when I tried to add it back I couldn't because they'd reached the limit of what they were going to give out. I'd never had that happen before. Target's cartwheel is starting to have man. coupons too and the same one's as Kroger often. Then if you need more it's often on coupons.com too, not that you can combine them but lots of options this way.

This is where we part ways as @Dznypal and I are referring to store coupons and not third party. Being a member should have it's privileges. That's what the entire :charac2:is about. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter