Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for sharing the contact info and emails!

On another note - Chase bonus reward category this quarter includes gas stations. Any random chance the gas stations will sell Disney gift cards?? :moped:

At least in my area, very few gas stations will take a credit card for gift card purchases. Also, if you purchase it inside the convenience store (not at the gas pump itself) it may not code as a gas station.

Check your Amex offers for a new offer at Lowe's for 10% back on the first $1000 in spending (ie, you can get up to $100 in credits). This offer seems to be for Amex business cards - I saw it on my Amex SimplyCash card and authorized users.
I'm so excited for this since I waited until the last minute to get discounted GCs for dues and APs. I had it on my BBP and DH also had it so I'll be getting $2000 worth.

Can anyone confirm that the BJ gift card discount is still 8% after 1/1/20? Pulling the trigger on the BJ membership if they are. Otherwise will do the 5% back on Target Red card. FWIW - SAM's is only 3% discount, I can confirm that.

Can anyone confirm that the BJ gift card discount is still 8% after 1/1/20? Pulling the trigger on the BJ membership if they are. Otherwise will do the 5% back on Target Red card. FWIW - SAM's is only 3% discount, I can confirm that.
Just checked and it is 4%. Did not know about the 8% that was going on. Hopefully it comes back some time.

^ Thanks! I should have jumped on it when I had the chance - my bad. Looks like I'll be hitting up Target to pay my dues.

Yes, BJs will have the 8% off most of January. But you need to make the purchase online at 4% first and then email Bryant, the point of contact to get the extra 4% credited back to your credit card, for a total of 8%. The extra percentage back will be credited back the next day or two.

The $500 gift cards are NOT part of this promotion.

Last edited:
Publix: Get $10 Off $50 Gas Gift Card When Spending $50+ On Groceries
Expires 1/7/20 - Link

H-E-B: Buy Select Gift Cards & Get H-E-B Gift Card Free (Vanilla Visa, Lowe’s, Barnes & Noble & More)
Expires 1/7/20 - Link

Safeway/Albertsons: Buy $50+ Select Gift Cards & Get $7 Off
Expires 1/14/20 - Link

Family Dollar: Buy $25 Uber Gift Cards For $22.50 - **Read KEY TERMS!
Expires 1/4/20 - Link

I know some of you maybe familiar with this thread called "Discounted gift card web sites" here on the DIS but I'm also thinking you newbies might not be. I'm bringing this up because a few have posted unhappy results using gift card deals . com

I'm not saying this is a horrible site but a few fellow DISer's including @NMbaseballmom posted their experience. Read on and understand why keeping records of your Disney Gift Card purchases are important:

"UPDATE- I previously posted about my situation with a site mentioned on this thread. I had a gift card reversed by Disney along with other gift cards I added to my main card. Disney said there was credit card fraud associated with the gift card and took away all my funds. The third party vendor resissued the card and Disney allowed that one to be used. Disney took about 3 weeks but gave me back the remaining funds to the consolidated gift card. Luckily I kept all my used gift cards and reciepts so I could verify where I bought them from because Disney required all of that information before they gave me back my money. One person I spoke with from Disney fraud division verified they were aware of other issues from this site. I thought the 15% was a reasonable savings and not a too good to be true and based on the success of others, I felt it was a safe choice. Eventhough I ended up with the savings, it was not worth the time and angst and I do not think I would use that site again, but that is a choice for each individual." Link

I've never tried the Lowe's deal before, but DH and I both had it on our cards! Just wanted to confirm, we can go in and buy up to $1K in gift cards on each AmEx and no issues getting $100 credited back on each card? Sounds great - we need to pay for APs and stockpile gift cards for dining in March, so perfect timing!

Yes, BJs will have the 8% off most of January. But you need to make the purchase online at 4% first and then email Bryant, the point of contact to get the extra 4% credited back to your credit card, for a total of 8%. The extra percentage back will be credited back the next day or two.

Thanks! I was just coming to ask if anyone knew how long it took for them to credit your card for the extra discount but I only ordered yesterday. Hopefully it credits before the weekend.

I just got an email from Bryant today. Just to clarify, the net 8% off is only for orders that are $7500 or more. I wanted additional clarity on whether the minimums were referring to the gift card value or the actual order total so I am waiting for a reply back on that.

I've never tried the Lowe's deal before, but DH and I both had it on our cards! Just wanted to confirm, we can go in and buy up to $1K in gift cards on each AmEx and no issues getting $100 credited back on each card? Sounds great - we need to pay for APs and stockpile gift cards for dining in March, so perfect timing!

Yes that should work. Doing it today also :)

^ Thanks! I should have jumped on it when I had the chance - my bad. Looks like I'll be hitting up Target to pay my dues.
I was wrong about this. I got the email but it was in my spam folder. With BJs if you have the right contact information, for 2500 or more in cards it is 6.7% off. For $5000 or more it is 7.4% off. For 7500 or more it is 8% off. (This is in increments of $150).

IMO the minimum on this is too high for me to do vs the savings it provides.

I haven't browsed here in a couple of months, is this worthwhile compared to other deals that have been going on? Not in any rush.

How do you find out it's on your card? I have a business AmEx but I can't see anywhere where it shows special offers, possibly because it's a Delta AmEx?
Online at the bottom of the Home page shows a section for "Amex Offers & Benefits", it'll show 3 offers then you hit the 'view more' button to see them all. In the app there's a tab for "Offers". The Delta cards get offers too, just about any personal or small biz card does. Corporate cards don't (but I didn't think they made a Delta corp card so I wouldn't think that's an issue for you.)

I prefer the website because the app limits the amount of offers shown to 50 whereas the website will show up to 100, so you could be targeted for offers but not see them on the app. You have to add the offer to your card before you use it. Also you can be targeted for more than 100 offers but not see them because of the limit; adding offers to your card will free up space to show additional offers in the list.

Thanks! I was just coming to ask if anyone knew how long it took for them to credit your card for the extra discount but I only ordered yesterday. Hopefully it credits before the weekend.
For me the CC went to a pending charge immediately. By the time it became an actual charge (matches the ship date), they had lowered the amount to the discounted amount.

I was wrong about this. I got the email but it was in my spam folder. With BJs if you have the right contact information, for 2500 or more in cards it is 6.7% off. For $5000 or more it is 7.4% off. For 7500 or more it is 8% off. (This is in increments of $150).

IMO the minimum on this is too high for me to do vs the savings it provides.

I haven't browsed here in a couple of months, is this worthwhile compared to other deals that have been going on? Not in any rush.
Thanks for the clarification - I'm not buying that many cards so will pass on the BJ offer, but REALLY appreciate you looking into it for me. I'm only looking for about $1000 to cover DVC MF's. I will get more later as my trip date approaches but will still be in that range. The best deal I have found is the Target Red Card that I get 5% back on (not really a discount on the cards themselves). SAM's is a little over 3% discount on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter