Disney+ in Canada?

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has already been discussed on this board, but...has anyone heard when / if there will be a roll out of Disney+ in Canada?

I am loving all of the predicted content for U.S. Disney+, but am afraid that this streaming service will go the way of Netflix (with Canadian Netflix only offering a fraction of the content that is available on U.S. Netflix due to licensing issues in Canada).

Thoughts, anyone?

I would think it would be launched here at the same time as the US. If not, then very close behind. They’re only streaming their own IP so there are no issues there.

I would think it would be launched here at the same time as the US. If not, then very close behind. They’re only streaming their own IP so there are no issues there.
I don't know if it will be launched at the same time, though . . . everything about Disney+ that has been advertised so far is that November is the U.S. opening. No other countries named.

I am curious to see how this will play out. Disney has relationships with Bell (through TSN) and Corus (Disney Channel) so that's two big names that could help or hinder their entry into Canada.

I am curious to see how this will play out. Disney has relationships with Bell (through TSN) and Corus (Disney Channel) so that's two big names that could help or hinder their entry into Canada.
Yeah, it will be interesting. Just did some more digging and it sounds like no dates or details have been released for Canada. Disney+ hopes to be available internationally "by 2021." So we could have a long wait on our hands...

As their agreements with Netflix for various shows have been expiring, they’ve slowly been disappearing. Hopefully they won’t leave us hanging

These two articles may shed some light:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/12/disney-confirms-disney-streaming-service-is-coming-to-canada/

Disney held a major Investor Day webcast on April 11th to detail Disney+. During the presentation, the company confirmed that Disney+ is coming to the United States first on November 12th, with a North American launch set for the first quarter of 2020. Disney didn’t specifically mention Canada as part of this release window, but it’s a safe bet given the “North America” regional rollout.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/11/disney-plus-streaming-service-global-launch/

I was able to sign up for updates for Disney+. I had to provide my country at the time that I signed up.

While not sure if it will be offered here the same day it is released in the US, I do believe it's coming.

I was able to sign up for updates for Disney+. I had to provide my country at the time that I signed up.

While not sure if it will be offered here the same day it is released in the US, I do believe it's coming.
Where, how?? do tell! I would like to sign up as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter