Disney Infinity musings

The characters and discs work with all platforms. The only things that are different are the starter packs which include the game.

Awesome. So hopefully as long as I have a working 360 starter then it will work on anything else they release. Not planning on buying a new system right off the bat because first gen always has issues that get fixed later.

We reserved the Wii version and can pick it up at 9AM for a special event. We are getting Violet Incredible for our freebie. Our DD wanted a girl figure
Got a few bucks off for some reason at GameStop

The characters and discs work with all platforms. The only things that are different are the starter packs which include the game.

So my wife is officially tired of hearing me talk about whether or not to get this, and my concern of using it or not and if it will collect dust or divert too much attention. Pre-ordered on the ps3 with the extra figure and discs for $69. Debated about the wii u version & still considering canceling.

I'll be very interested to see how this can go against the power house that is Skylanders. especially seeing as skylanders has a new game and new characters coming out soon.

I'll be very interested to see how this can go against the power house that is Skylanders. especially seeing as skylanders has a new game and new characters coming out soon.

I actually know quite a few people who have not even heard of Skylanders but are excited about Disney Infinity. I have heard of Skylanders but had no draw to play it or spend the money. However, the Disney name recognition and love that I have for it has drawn me to their game. I mean, when you look at the two of them, more people will know the Disney characters and thus be more willing to spend the money on something they know.

I think Disney will do just fine with sales especially going into the holidays.

I'm really looking forward to your guys thoughts and the thoughts of the team. I currently have a Wii, but I'm considering buying a Xbox for this game. I never thought I would want a Xbox, but after watching the guys play at the DIS club house...I WANT THIS GAME!

i would like to see the guys compare disney infinity and skylanders to see the difference and similarities.

I actually know quite a few people who have not even heard of Skylanders but are excited about Disney Infinity. I have heard of Skylanders but had no draw to play it or spend the money. However, the Disney name recognition and love that I have for it has drawn me to their game. I mean, when you look at the two of them, more people will know the Disney characters and thus be more willing to spend the money on something they know.

I think Disney will do just fine with sales especially going into the holidays.

I agree!!! :thumbsup2

People at the launch had bought tons if figures and accessories. We just got the 1 free figure and disc pack. There was 1 woman in front of me in line who had reserved and bought 1 of everything

Toy Story and Jack Skellington being released in October

I don't think Skylanders will beat Disney but, they may even profit from it due to the style of gaming being promoted by Disney. I'll be frank, I hated the concept when it was explained to me. Now that I've seen it in person..... I want this game and may be sucked in. :rotfl:

I'm really looking forward to your guys thoughts and the thoughts of the team. I currently have a Wii, but I'm considering buying a Xbox for this game. I never thought I would want a Xbox, but after watching the guys play at the DIS club house...I WANT THIS GAME!

Going to be honest and say if you are going for a new console, I'd do the ps3 and take advantage of the Uncharted series.

Skylanders has been the #1 kids toy and #1 kids video game for the last 2 years. I know DI will do very well but its not guaranteed that they will immediately be the front runner in this category.

I will say that DI has had a more organized launch, and the range of products available seems to be greater then the original skylanders launch. But, when skylanders first came to market it was a new concept so they needed to "test the waters" so to speak.

I'm actually a huge Gamer myself I'm currently addicted to Animal Crossing:New Leaf for the 3DS as we speak and bought an independent game called 'Gone Home' for PC and am hooked on 'Borderlands 2' and Halo for Xbox.

I've heard of SkyLanders but figured it was a kid's game with a gimmick to make parent's spend money and I kinda wrote Disney Infinity off as the same thing unfortunately but it seems rather fun. After watching the Dis Podcast livestream of them playing it it seems like something I would like but the price tag is holding me back big time. That's a lot of money to spend on a video game and I play A LOT of them!

About the only thing holding me back from going out and buying it though is the lack of classic characters or characters I want to play the game with. I'm very excited for Jack Skellington but that's really it. I might wait till he is available and then buy it maybe. The Monster's Inc. characters are kinda cool as well as Jack Sparrow but you only get one of each in the starter pack and the figures are going for as much as 3DS game on Amazon for two figures that's a lot! I just don't think I can afford that for a possible few hours of entertainment. The Toy Box mode is the only true selling point here along with access to Disney characters, but again you have to have the physical character to play as them. If they weren't physical like this they could sell them for much cheaper and I probably would be buying it without thinking.

I guess I'm extremely torn because I'm not rich and I love Disney but I'd have to choose this over say another vacation to Disney World/Cruise/ABD. Plus this goes after two things I love collecting stuff and video games and I really like the toy box aspect but, wow that price tag is something!

I guess I'm extremely torn because I'm not rich and I love Disney but I'd have to choose this over say another vacation to Disney World/Cruise/ABD. Plus this goes after two things I love collecting stuff and video games and I really like the toy box aspect but, wow that price tag is something!

DI can definitely become expensive, especially for us Disney folks (the figures are actually quite nice just to display) but it ain't ABD expensive. :rotfl2:

You could get everything available for just about $300, not cheap, but I have spent more on a dinner for 2 at California Grill.

I think the $75 we just spent will keep us busy for a while
A occasional $14 for a new figure now and then

I did view this skeptically at first

Wasn't going to get it and now I have it. Whoops? Just opened the box. Didn't get any extra figurines because two of my favorite Disney characters came included: Sully and Jack Sparrow. I haven't read hardly anything about gameplay so I'm gonna be learning as I go. Setting it up now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter