Disney Infinity musings

Just a heads up for those on the PS3, there's a problem with DI locking up - Pull your PS3 off the internet to workaround it until they fix it...

Just a heads up for those on the PS3, there's a problem with DI locking up - Pull your PS3 off the internet to workaround it until they fix it...

Just happened to me. Made it all the way through the opening stuff and when I hit where I was about to load a figurine from the pad it froze. Taking it offline now and trying again.

My husband has been playing for about 7 hours today. The kids and I switch off playing with him. :rotfl2:

He likes making obstacle courses forums tour or drive through with ****y traps. I am not a gamer at all and I love it too. We have a PS3 and haven't had any issues.

Just happened to me. Made it all the way through the opening stuff and when I hit where I was about to load a figurine from the pad it froze. Taking it offline now and trying again.

That's not good. Being as I have a PS3. Let us know what works.

There was a statement from DI on FB that they are trying to fix the PS3 problem

Our Wii version seems fine, although DD got "stuck" inside something

IN for the Wii has some serious lag issues related to the voices.

Basically half of the talking will stutter.

I'm not pleased about that. It's getting VERY annoying.

Other than that rather annoying issue it seems to be working fine.

I didn't even realize it was going to be out for other systems, I probably would have argued with my wife to get it for a different system but it's mostly for every one else, I wouldn't have bought it just for myself.

I did unlock HM for the map thing, so I may just play it to build my own MK/DL hybrid land, lol.

Have not noticed voice issues with the Wii, but have not played/watched much

Kids are playing in the Toy Box now...

Not that I am advertising for them but a certain store that sounds like "brawlmart" & sometimes sounds equated to a famous theme park the Griswolds visted has the 3 packs on sale for $14.96 each online.

So basically you can get the the two available 3 packs for the price of one... Or another way of looking at it is this is what they should cost to start with :rotfl:

Another store that you equate to what you shoot an arrow at has the two play sets (Cars and the Ranger of Aloneness) for 50% off now as well, so $17.99 in store and online. Again, what they should probably be to start with :)

Not to be pretentious but can I motion for this to be the "official" DI thread? It would be nice to have this as a central hub for the gamers to chat.

I will add my PS3 gamer tag on here once I remember it/ look it up lol

Not that I am advertising for them but a certain store that sounds like "brawlmart" & sometimes sounds equated to a famous theme park the Griswolds visted has the 3 packs on sale for $14.96 each online.

So basically you can get the the two available 3 packs for the price of one... Or another way of looking at it is this is what they should cost to start with :rotfl:

Another store that you equate to what you shoot an arrow at has the two play sets (Cars and the Ranger of Aloneness) for 50% off now as well, so $17.99 in store and online. Again, what they should probably be to start with :)

Not to be pretentious but can I motion for this to be the "official" DI thread? It would be nice to have this as a central hub for the gamers to chat.

I will add my PS3 gamer tag on here once I remember it/ look it up lol
:thumbsup2
Very cool, thank you I just got the cars set and a 3 pack with Mike and Mrs Incredible. Would have gotten the villains pack but they are sold out :( . That's a crazy good deal.

:banana:

Ungghhh junkmart has 3 villains packs in stock in the store (my wife went down to pick up our order and checked) and the website still says sold out and you can't buy it.

In store price is $29.96.

I forgot why we don't shop at walmart... now I remember.

If anyone wants a laugh, read what it said earlier when I checked out online:

"This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age."

So maybe this really is Grand Theft Auto Disney. Hide your kids, Captain Jack is about to get some pirate booty.pirate:

DI can definitely become expensive, especially for us Disney folks (the figures are actually quite nice just to display) but it ain't ABD expensive. :rotfl2:

You could get everything available for just about $300, not cheap, but I have spent more on a dinner for 2 at California Grill.

Putting it in perspective like that I see what you mean but being a Gamer and spending money on other games as well as vacations eventually something has to give but yes your point stands compared to a Disney vacation it's cheap but from a gamer's perspective it's expensive.

I guess my main reason to bring up the vacation comparison is I should really be putting that $300 I would be spending on Infinity into a fund for another vacation. Then again that's my excuse for not going out right now and buying it like everyone else on this thread. :P

I played for four hours straight today and am about to play some more. I am using Wii and had no lagging issues. The controls for the Wii definitely take some getting used to and caused some frustration for me early on. I also noticed how confusing it can be to get to a play set from the Toy Box or "adventure." Otherwise, I'm loving it! :thumbsup2

For those who are using PS3, Disney Infinity's FB page just posted this note:

We have learned that there is a network issue related to the 1.01 patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity. This is not a software-related issue, and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Players with the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity are still able to play single-player and multi-player co-op modes of the game by removing the patch and turning off their Playstation's network communications. These instructions can be found below. We are working diligently to resolve the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information.

To remove the patch:
1. Go to the Game menu of the XMB
2. Open the Game Data Utility folder (near the top of the list)
3. Highlight the Disney infinity icon with the characters background (this is the patch)
4. Press the triangle button on the wireless controller
5. Select the delete option
6. When asked are you sure you want to continue?, select YES
Patch is now deleted.

To turn off network communication
1. Go to the Settings menu of the XMB
2. Open the Network Settings menu (last on the list)
3. Select Internet Connection
4. Highlight Disable and press the X button on the wireless controller
Network is now disabled

I'm all for this being the thread for DI gamers here on the Podcast forum as it relates to the original post and thoughts on the game thus far. We also have a dedicated games forum for those who want to participate on threads here and elsewhere on The DIS. :thumbsup2

I was pretty excited to hear tonight that they're releasing a FREE download in the upcoming weeks that will let you work on your Toy Box via PC or iPad. How cool is that?

I thought it would be kind of fun to identify in our DIS signatures who plays the game. Feel free to snag the little graphic in mine to use. :)

I played for four hours straight today and am about to play some more. I am using Wii and had no lagging issues. The controls for the Wii definitely take some getting used to and caused some frustration for me early on. I also noticed how confusing it can be to get to a play set from the Toy Box or "adventure." Otherwise, I'm loving it! :thumbsup2

For those who are using PS3, Disney Infinity's FB page just posted this note:

I'm all for this being the thread for DI gamers here on the Podcast forum as it relates to the original post and thoughts on the game thus far. We also have a dedicated games forum for those who want to participate on threads here and elsewhere on The DIS. :thumbsup2

I was pretty excited to hear tonight that they're releasing a FREE download in the upcoming weeks that will let you work on your Toy Box via PC or iPad. How cool is that?

I thought it would be kind of fun to identify in our DIS signatures who plays the game. Feel free to snag the little graphic in mine to use. :)

Sounds good! Reminds me of when "The Last of Us" came out with a network issue.

Can anyone chime in with info on the clear Cars figure that Toys R Us has and if it is in anyway different other than aesthetically? I don't want to double dip after already getting the cars set just for a new color.

I preorded DI via Amazon and I am a Prime member and for some reason, it says I won't get it until Wednesday. I am not happy about that.

I did get for the Wii U, got the extra mater and something else came with it but can't remember what.

I am going to have to check Toys r us and other places for other figures.

Sounds good! Reminds me of when "The Last of Us" came out with a network issue.

Can anyone chime in with info on the clear Cars figure that Toys R Us has and if it is in anyway different other than aesthetically? I don't want to double dip after already getting the cars set just for a new color.

I bought it today (they have everything DI BOGO 50% off!). It has special powers and abilities. :)

A word to everyone...make sure you keep the web code cards you received with the starter pack and figures. You enter these codes on the DI website to unlock these pieces for the iPad and PC versions which are coming out (later this month and October). I'm entering all of mine now!

Also, here's a rumored list of what's to come....

Agent P (Phineas and Ferb, Holiday 2013)
Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas, October 2013)
Lone Ranger Infinite Crystal Series (The Lone Ranger)
Sheriff Woody (Toy Story, October 2013)
Mickey Mouse (Sorcerer’s Apprentice, January 2014)
Mickey Mouse Infinite Crystal Series (Sorcerer’s Apprentice)
Phineas (Phineas and Ferb, Holiday 2013)
Rapunzel (Rapunzel, Holiday 2013)
Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph, Holiday 2013)
Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph, Holiday 2013)

There's also talk of something called a Toy Box Set which is different from the play sets. Supposedly there will be one for Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen.

I bought it today (they have everything DI BOGO 50% off!). It has special powers and abilities. :)

A word to everyone...make sure you keep the web code cards you received with the starter pack and figures. You enter these codes on the DI website to unlock these pieces for the iPad and PC versions which are coming out (later this month and October). I'm entering all of mine now!

Also, here's a rumored list of what's to come....

Agent P (Phineas and Ferb, Holiday 2013)
Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas, October 2013)
Lone Ranger Infinite Crystal Series (The Lone Ranger)
Sheriff Woody (Toy Story, October 2013)
Mickey Mouse (Sorcerers Apprentice, January 2014)
Mickey Mouse Infinite Crystal Series (Sorcerers Apprentice)
Phineas (Phineas and Ferb, Holiday 2013)
Rapunzel (Rapunzel, Holiday 2013)
Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph, Holiday 2013)
Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph, Holiday 2013)

There's also talk of something called a Toy Box Set which is different from the play sets. Supposedly there will be one for Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen.

It seems like Nightmare Before Christmas should have a set too since I remember ads with the NBC hill in the background. In either case, Oogie needs a figure.

As an aside, I think I saw you post on Shaun's Facebook today and will be sending you a friend request/message. You know a lot about this, you sure you aren't getting paid? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter