Disney Infinity musings

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon too. Shipped from Prime this morning via UPS. Tracking numbers says it's on its way from Nashville (to St. Louis) and should arrive tomorrow! :cool1:

I love Amazon Prime! More often than not, my packages arrive next day ship since so many items ship from their Nashville and Memphis locations :)

For those looking for a listing of all Wave 1 Power Discs including the TRU exclusives, there's a great one here.

Also, a heads-up for those getting the Toys R Us exclusive packs. I just read this online:

BREAKING NEWS for Toys R Us: On Sunday, EACH of the gold foil TRU Power Disc packs will contain a Mike's Car Disc, with the other being a random from Series 1. They are part of the BOGO $1 offer. I repeat: EACH pack will have a Mike's Car Disc. This is coming directly from a TRU representative who got an update this morning.

This makes sense of the fact that TRU has in their SKU listing 10 series of TRU discs... it looks like EACH of the 10 exclusives will be sold at different times this fall, probably part of special promotions or weekends.

So then there's no point in buying more than one exclusive pack because you'll get the Mike car and then a regular disc. That makes sense with what the manager was saying to my mother today. He told her you only need to buy one and I couldn't figure out why. He said that they're all the same. This is why then. I feel badly for the people who bought countless bags of the exclusive packs. They all have so many extras now. -shaking head-

Disregard my earlier post... I changed my mind again. Going to keep the PS3 version and hopefully they fix the issues soon. That and I already had both of the 3 packs ordered and on the way for half price each.

Looks like my disc is the Nemo one

So after my incredibly frustrating experience with Disney Infinity for the Wii, and the ultimate realization that it does NOT support two players in anything other than the Toy Box, we decided to return it. We did get the PS3 version instead so that we could have two players in all the worlds and I like this one MUCH better. The graphics are SO much better than the Wii, and it's just more enjoyable to play IMO. It was a pain in the neck with the nun-chuck, so I'm very happy to be using one controller.

Mine should be here tomorrow. Yay! Great timing since tomorrow will be a quiet day after a visit to the ER tonight for a moderate allergic reaction to an antibiotic I started today. I had nausea, trouble breathing and swallowing, and tingling lips and tongue. Luckily no actual swelling in the mouth or throat. So, just gonna hang out tomorrow and get some rest.

I am going to buy it "for my DD" for my birthday in the next week. I'm tired of reading all the reviews and being envious. :rotfl:

Now, here is the question. Is there a better place to buy it, deal wise or for value (i.e. Disney's $15 future buy promo).

Also, anyone buy this:
disney-infinity-lighting-mcqueen-crystal-infinite-series2.jpg

I am going to buy it "for my DD" for my birthday in the next week. I'm tired of reading all the reviews and being envious. :rotfl:

Now, here is the question. Is there a better place to buy it, deal wise or for value (i.e. Disney's $15 future buy promo).

I grabbed it from Walmart last night - standard $75 for the Starter, but they handed me a gift card. Turned around and used that on the Sidekicks pack that is on-sale for $15, and also ordered the Cars pack for $20. Both of those are (nearly) half-off of other sites, though technically one was free with the gift card. That was my strategy, obviously others will do what they do :)

Also, as an aside, had this conversation last night after my two kids (DS5 and DD3) got done playing for 45 minutes...

Me (to wife): "Honey, we probably need to set some limits for the kids on this..."
Wife: "For the kids? How bout for you?!"

Yep. Probably true :)

Seriously. Whatever you do. Leave you PS3 offline until they put out a patch. It ate my whole game file last night. Two days of playing not so much because of work. So I'm not too heart broken. It kept the Toy Box I had built but I have to re unlock everything so some things I built in there I can't build again lol.

Also, anyone buy this:
disney-infinity-lighting-mcqueen-crystal-infinite-series2.jpg

I think the best deal right now is from Toys R Us. Everything Disney Infinity is Buy One, Get One 50% including character figures, starter packs, and accessories. Power Disc packs are Buy One, Get One for a $1. Both sales include the Toys R Us exclusive characters like the crystal Lighting McQueen, disc album, and Power Disc packs.

I have the crystal Lightning and love him!

I think the best deal right now is from Toys R Us. Everything Disney Infinity is Buy One, Get One 50% including character figures, starter packs, and accessories. Power Disc packs are Buy One, Get One for a $1. Both sales include the Toys R Us exclusive characters like the crystal Lighting McQueen, disc album, and Power Disc packs.

I have the crystal Lightning and love him!

Well Walmart online is just half off from the get go on a lot. I just ordered the three pack of sidekicks for $15 and the Cars player for $20. Both are nearly double at Toys R Us.

So, mine just got delivered! Super excited. I also got the sidekicks pack and 5 power disk packs. In total I only got 2 duplicates with all of the power disks!

I got:

Felix's Repair Power
C.H.R.O.M.E.'s Armor Shield x2 (one in the starter box and one in a pack)
Mickey's Car
Cinderella's Coach x2
Kahn
Stitches Blaster
Nemo's Seascape
Dumbo
Buzz's Ride Vehicle

So 2 of 3 rares! And 4 of 5 ride vehicles. Sounds like I got a super lucky draw!

The kids and I are now hopelessly addicted to DI. We have all of the figures, play sets, and 14 of the 21 power discs. I'm bummed about the PS3 issue because we've already lost a couple hours of gameplay. I would love to be able to download some of the sandbox content but I'm afraid to hook it up the network.

The power discs have been fun to collect but we're starting to get multiple discs. I'll be taking some of the doubles with me when I head to DLR for the race next weekend in hopes that they will have some place to trade there. Has anybody heard of them doing this? I know TRU will have trading events but it would be cool if they had a special place at DTD.

Do you think Disney would be smart and sell special ones at wdw and dl like a Halloween themed one or a Christmas themed one. Like they do for vinylmation ones.

Just think if they sell vinlymation with power disks in the box just think how much they make.

Do you think Disney would be smart and sell special ones at wdw and dl like a Halloween themed one or a Christmas themed one. Like they do for vinylmation ones.

Just think if they sell vinlymation with power disks in the box just think how much they make.

I've wondered about this but the problem is that unlike a figure or pin, there is a whole team that needs to code and program anything for the game, and releasing limited editions to a small group might not prove worth the cost/effort.

I say there needs to be a Mr. Toad with his car. That can be for the uber Disney fans:
2048811196_c4df08502e.jpg

I say there needs to be a Mr. Toad with his car. That can be for the uber Disney fans:

I would be the first person on the line at Disney world I wouldn't go to Disney land once they sell out they my go crazy. They could make power disk for the parks those would he better then the figures for Disney. I just think Disney needs to reach their uber Disney fans and what better way then having special ones at the parks. Or if they do the disk trade maybe put some special ones in the mix or figures.

Plus they did do a special limited one for d23 even if they take the lighting McQueen one and change his color and sell it at dca it still do the same as the origanl one just be different color.

For Halloween they could sell a jack skeleton one ten once Halloween over they release them in stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter