Disney Infinity musings

The Sorcerer Mickey they gave out at D23 is only limited for a while. They will be offering the same Sorcerer Mickey in January for the general public.

Yeah so that what hey could do in Disney offer it at re parks first then general public. Give something to special to the parks.

The Sorcerer Mickey they gave out at D23 is only limited for a while. They will be offering the same Sorcerer Mickey in January for the general public.

Actually there's a chance that this may not really be the case. The one from D23 was limited to 5000 in production and shows Mickey with his arms crossed in front of him. I've seen pictures of an additional Sorcerer Mickey that may very well be the one for release in the winter. He is standing in a different position. There is also another rumor of a crystal Mickey coming. Time will only tell!

That's my understanding as well.

According to the sticker on the package:

Enclosed is your exclusive Disney Infinity Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey figure, which will work with the game when it launches on Aug. 18, 2013.

This is 1 of 5,000 figures created for the D23 Expo and is not available in stores until 2014.

Place this Disney Infinity figure on the Base and unlock it in the Toy Box mode to create new and exciting adventures.

That's my understanding as well.

According to the sticker on the package:

I wonder what they're up to then. Perhaps the picture I saw of him standing in a totally different position was what the crystal one will be?

Also, I just found these online and thought I'd share. Pics of the second round of figures that are coming out (note the Mickey in one pic). I find it really strange that they say some of the figures will only work in the Toy Box. Thoughts on that? I guess that's how it happened in the promos that showed multiple characters in a Toy Box world.

I wonder what they're up to then. Perhaps the picture I saw of him standing in a totally different position was what the crystal one will be?

Also, I just found these online and thought I'd share. Pics of the second round of figures that are coming out (note the Mickey in one pic). I find it really strange that they say some of the figures will only work in the Toy Box. Thoughts on that? I guess that's how it happened in the promos that showed multiple characters in a Toy Box world.

Hmmm. So, I should hold off on buying Violet individually since it will be in a 3 pack?

disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

All I have to sayin they better have a chip and dale two pack or I will send it back to iger him self respect the chipmunks.

Hmmm. So, I should hold off on buying Violet individually since it will be in a 3 pack?

disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

That's what a lot of people are saying now although the pictures further up in the article show Vanellope and Rapunzel as singles as well. :confused3

Oh, and I just found out something VERY COOL. I'm not going to reveal it all, but let's just say that the MagicBands and Disney Infinity like each other. :)

Jack Skellington is on pre-order at Game Stop and there are rumors on the Internet of 2 different SKUs, one for release on 10/1 and one for release on 10/31. Could this be a Halloween variant? Can anyone confirm the 2 different SKUs?

Let me ask you this when you first start when do you get to use the same pad now I am going through the jack part but not allowed to use the figures or disks is this to show how it works then they let you put you figures on. Just want t make sure it not broken or something else sorry if this spoils it for other but figure where best to ask this then here.

Those look pretty cool as well. I have a feeling I'm going to need to find a bigger place to store all of our figures:)

I've joked about a couple but, seriously..... Merida should be in this. A Scotland world with bows and arrows has to happen.

I'm not at all surprised about the double packing of Violet. The only thing that will bother me is if they start double packing on the multi packs.

Not sure about Ralph, and Jack now because I was hoping they'd have a playset.

Picked up Lone Ranger, so I've got all of the sets. My interest REALLY dipped in stand alone characters that ONLY work in the Toy Box...I'm already not feeling the discs.

Anyone else notice that Jack's is the only solo figure NOT saying it only works in the Toy Box.... I'd wait to pick him up unless there is a Downloadable level or something....

So after my incredibly frustrating experience with Disney Infinity for the Wii, and the ultimate realization that it does NOT support two players in anything other than the Toy Box, we decided to return it. We did get the PS3 version instead so that we could have two players in all the worlds and I like this one MUCH better. The graphics are SO much better than the Wii, and it's just more enjoyable to play IMO. It was a pain in the neck with the nun-chuck, so I'm very happy to be using one controller.

Thank you for this info! We got the wii version as well and have been trying to figure out how to do more two player stuff. I thought we just weren't techy enough to figure it out! Lol. I think we will exchange ours for the PS3 version too.

Finally got it and spent the whole afternoon playing with my two sons (13 and 7). Really enjoying it so far. Simple to control but the adventure mode puzzles are entertaining and the whole experience just works. Spinning for extra "toys" today I had four shots and was just PRAYING I got Haunted Mansion for my build toolbox. Ah well, there's always next time.

Just hoping future expansion packs include theme park sets - instead of pimping your IP, let us run around a park and have fun. I'll be first in line to buy the extra Epcot figures - I'll need a Duffy and Carl the Bartender.

People at the launch had bought tons if figures and accessories. We just got the 1 free figure and disc pack. There was 1 woman in front of me in line who had reserved and bought 1 of everything

Toy Story and Jack Skellington being released in October

I wonder if that was me! My daughter and I have been waiting FOREVER for this game..
I gave her the choice between sky landers or Disney infinity..
Disney won!
We saved up our money over the last three months and I went to target when they 1st opened. Got our pre-order game and one of everything else..
Then I got a phone call from my sister in law and she asked if I could buy her kids one of all the figures/playsets as well.. :faint (my CC took a hit and is now on life support)

The guys at electronics were :rotfl: watching me turn my cart around And grabbing another one of everything.

This is the kinda game where you can take your time and wait for sales on a lot of it. Especially now that we know they are doubling releases of characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter