Disney Magic Kingdoms

These comfy costume drops have been awesome so far. Wondering at what point the Gameloft interns will slow things down for us, with only two days left? Just about halfway there, with another collection coming up in a little over an hour

Already slowed down for me--I've been collecting since last night with all the premium characters, etc, and only gotten 2 of the rare fabrics. Oh well

Interesting! I think it’s pretty clear that rarely level and drop rates do not always coincide. Also convinced that they sometime follows how items are falling for players and raise or drop the drop percentages, whatever they may be, and alter them accordingly. @supernova maybe they decided to improve the drop rates due to people complaining? Then again @Araminta18 drop rates have slows down, so who knows?

I honestly don’t know how you people do it. I have played every single day since Day One. I have every single Toy Story character and Snow White character (minus the queen and Grumpy). I have both the Grandma and Hei Hei premium characters. I have placed fairly well in all the two day timed events, giving me access to several of the Moana tokens. I have everything but only 5/50 boat repair tokens, and STILL haven’t even gotten to the point where you are supposed to collect them for real! Maui is currently on the 2 hour “Once More, with feeling” quest... ..HOW?!? How can you people already be collecting comfy tokens?!?

I'm guessing it's a couple things. Several of us have the ability to check every hour. If you are checking randomly, you simply aren't going to turn over the tasks for tokens as quickly.

Second, do you max out your tokens prior to collecting for a new character? Every time you get a drop for another character when there is a chance for the character you are working on Welcoming, it will slow you down. Same goes for the other items, if there is a token conflict for baskets/bamboo for the Kakamora, it slows your collection rate down if you are collecting a different token.

Third, being aware of "what comes next." So that you don't send your character out on a 4 hour token task, 1 hour before they are needed for an Event Quest. Making sure your character is the proper level before you need them, so you don't have to wait 1-2 hours to upgrade your character before you can send them on a task. Also, sending your characters out overnight to work on the tasks that can drop a token for the character who will unlock "in the morning." (and not clicking their checkmark until the character is unlocked)

There is a thread in the Reddit Disney Magic Kingdom's group that will be titled "X Event." This lists basically everything, how much things cost, who will be able to earn what, which characters you shouldn't level to avoid token conflicts. Then there is the Wiki https://disneymagickingdomswiki.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Kingdoms it will get updated slightly slower, but it's helpful for seeing the list of tasks. And people here will post the tasks as they come as well.

And sometimes, it's just good vs bad drop rates.

I've officially accepted that I'm not getting Moana at this point. I bought both Hei Hei and the Lair with gems, but wasn't able to start collecting boat materials until last night, and even collecting since then only have 7/10. There's no way I'm going to be able to get everything, not even close. Which is pretty ridiculous.

In the past there's been the option to buy the remaining tokens to welcome the character, and I had thought about doing that- it doesn't seem to be an option with this one. But of course there's the bundle for $9.99. I thought about that briefly, but no. I refuse to pay real money for anything at this point in this game. It's so obviously become a cash grab unless you have the time to log in every one or two hours or buy all the premiums. I play this more than any other, logging in at least four times a day if not more when I have the time, and I've almost always managed to get the final character or been (frustratingly) close to it. Like many of you, I'm done with events for now. Unless it offers something really compelling, I'm probably going to skip the upcoming Tower Challenge.

Unless these drop rates, start picking up, I don't think I'm going to get the comfy costume. Fingers crossed I'm wrong. Also, for anyone who was SMART and held off leveling up Hei Hei interferes with the fabric collection, if you level up Maui.

I've officially accepted that I'm not getting Moana at this point. I bought both Hei Hei and the Lair with gems, but wasn't able to start collecting boat materials until last night, and even collecting since then only have 7/10. There's no way I'm going to be able to get everything, not even close. Which is pretty ridiculous.

In the past there's been the option to buy the remaining tokens to welcome the character, and I had thought about doing that- it doesn't seem to be an option with this one. But of course there's the bundle for $9.99. I thought about that briefly, but no. I refuse to pay real money for anything at this point in this game. It's so obviously become a cash grab unless you have the time to log in every one or two hours or buy all the premiums. I play this more than any other, logging in at least four times a day if not more when I have the time, and I've almost always managed to get the final character or been (frustratingly) close to it. Like many of you, I'm done with events for now. Unless it offers something really compelling, I'm probably going to skip the upcoming Tower Challenge.

There is a way, but it's not "guaranteed" like it is the other way. You can use gems to speed through the four token tasks. So for example, we were leaving the house to run errands about 20 minutes before Maui+Tui were going to finish with their boat materials. So I paid the 2 gems to finish their task early, and then sent them out again. Thankfully, they dropped a token. I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get all of the materials either, but if I get down to only needing a few, I will speed through tasks and hope I get the materials before I run out of gems.

This is a strategy you have to do the math, and really commit to, though. No use spending a ton of gems to come up short. Then you don't have the gems for the next event.

I won’t be getting Moana. I only have 2/50 of her token and only have 2 characters that can collect it.

There is a way, but it's not "guaranteed" like it is the other way. You can use gems to speed through the four token tasks. So for example, we were leaving the house to run errands about 20 minutes before Maui+Tui were going to finish with their boat materials. So I paid the 2 gems to finish their task early, and then sent them out again. Thankfully, they dropped a token. I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get all of the materials either, but if I get down to only needing a few, I will speed through tasks and hope I get the materials before I run out of gems.

This is a strategy you have to do the math, and really commit to, though. No use spending a ton of gems to come up short. Then you don't have the gems for the next event.

Yeah, I actually did use gems to speed up a few tasks after getting Maui (I knew I was behind after reading here, and I also made the mistake of leveling up Sina again while collecting Maui's tokens. Made me short on flowers for him when I had everything else). I can't keep doing that for the rope stuff though, I just don't have enough gems given how far back I am.

Because it took me forever just to get to this point. I don’t have the parade, the grandma, or any premium buildings

I just checked and realized you need Tomatoa's lair for Pua to collect. I hadn't even noticed that. So anyone unable to buy any premium items/characters loses 3 out of their 4 ways to collect boat materials. Nice.

I just checked and realized you need Tomatoa's lair for Pua to collect. I hadn't even noticed that. So anyone unable to buy any premium items/characters loses 3 out of their 4 ways to collect boat materials. Nice.
Yeah it’s pretty terrible. Idk what they were thinking. All they care about is people spending the money for the characters which I won’t be doing

I'm guessing it's a couple things.

I refuse to set a timer and check every 60 minutes. It no longer is a game at that point. It’s work.

I keep all the tokens maxed out, unless I know a character needs to be at a certain level for a future task. I don’t want to have to wait to level up when the time comes to actually perform the task.

And as for knowing what comes next, I follow this:
https://disneymagickingdomswiki.fandom.com/wiki/Moana_Storyline

I refuse to set a timer and check every 60 minutes. It no longer is a game at that point. It’s work.

I agree. If I'm not busy I might check in every two hours, but I won't set alarms to remind me. I typically log in four to five times a day, but that apparently isn't near enough. The are people on Facebook who have mentioned playing 24/7. I'm sorry, but if you're giving up sleep every night to log on there's a problem.

You know what? If enough people write in to Customer Care with their overall frustration over this god-awful third act, then perhaps they will throw players a bone. Maybe. If they are suddenly bombarded by a massive flood of "W.T.F.??" emails, it will hopefully wake them up to the idea of 'maybe we should ease off the cash grab stuff a bit'. They've extended events slightly, and even relented into making Grumpy easier to obtain in chests.

Last edited:
Which is why I refuse to participate in those dumb gold trophy events. I guess I value my personal time too much to bother with that nonsense.

Well, what’s stupid is the fact that even if you did collect them every single hour, AND sent every character after them rather than have them earn event tokens, you STILL probably won’t end up earning those chests. Thanks to this forum, I figured out the trick with the others (crows and such)... ...go into airplane mode (offline) and just collect them till the day of the event. You have to time it just right, and not be greedy. Wait till the last few hours, and you get caught up in the wave of everyone else who did the same trick as you. In the end, after all that work, you’ve earned a single Moana token, but still had to cheat just to get it.

You know what? If enough people write in to Customer Care with their overall frustration over this god-awful third act, then perhaps they will throw players a bone. Maybe. If they are suddenly bombarded by a massive flood of "W.T.F.??" emails, it will hopefully wake them up to the idea of 'maybe we should ease off the cash grab stuff a bit'.

Seriously? You’ve been playing this game and on the forum for how long? You know very well that they could care less about what we think. You’ve taken those surveys right? Do any of those questions ever ask you about how you really feel about the game? They don’t care. They’re just out there hoping they’ll catch a whale. Or some ignorant kid who rings up several thousand dollars of their parents money and hope that they don’t notice. A game that was only created to celebrate the 60th anniversary of a park that most of the people playing haven’t ever been to. That’s why I refuse to spend a dime on it. This game could easily close up shop next year, and all the money people invested in virtual items are left with nothing. They. Don’t. Care.

Well I won’t be getting Moana either. I don’t even have 20 of the boat repairs. We need to so many of the boat repairs and two of the characters need another character to collect for them which means four characters are really only collecting for two items.

It's now been about 36 hours since when I started the comfy costume collection and I'm officially worried about not getting it. Currently sitting at 17/20 hat 15/20 glitched fabric, but only 6/20 orange fabric. I should have the first 2 maxed out by tomorrow, but I'm only averaging one orange fabric for every 5 collection cycles which is ridiculous. Not that I care about the costume per se, as they have proven to be pretty useless, but the completionist in me has never not finished an event before and I find the possibility aggravating.

For an event that so many people here were looking forward to, gameloft has done an excellent job of mucking it up, alienating their fan base, and pushing people away from pay to play games in general by leaving a sour taste in the user's mouth.

I'm at the same with the Comfy fabric. All day and I only got 2 drops bringing me to 6. Only need one more Glitchy fabric, and I'm halfway on the ear hats now.

If a bunch of players, took an event off, maybe that would get Gameloft's attention. But it's hard to coordinate and there are some people that simply won't skip because of the completionist mindset. I think all the movies I love, have been released. Which is a reason why it's been hard to skip recently. Dumbo, PatF and Moana were all ones I wanted characters for. But if they do something Pixar, I don't care. Especially, if they do something for Toy Story 4, because we don't already have enough Toy Story characters. Pocahontas, don't care. Not sure what else has been rumored or which Comfy costumes are still out there besides Snow White, which might make it a Tower Challenge thingy since the characters are already well accounted for.

Well, there's a shock! I finally got all of Cri-kee's tokens in my Windows game. Of course, he is on a task for another hour.

And I strategically used gems for 2 more boat collections before bed, which worked. So I am at 36. 14 more to collect in 38 hours. Starting with morning collection, 4 rounds of 3 = 12 hours. And then 2 more. Plus, 16 hours of sleep time before the event ends. Possible, but I'd like to get a few more success drops under my belt before I will start feeling like I will get her. I've spent 10 gems total.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter