Disney Magic Kingdoms

Welp, 2+ hours into the tower challenge and first place in my leader board has over 31,000 points. Tope 10 are all over 17,000

Welp, 2+ hours into the tower challenge and first place in my leader board has over 31,000 points. Tope 10 are all over 17,000

I was coming to report very similar circumstances. The leader of my board has 24,000 after two hours. Now mind you I am not trying for first place but after two hours there is just no way or lots of spent gems or wasted gem. Lol

Yeah, I had no illusions that the leaderboard would be good, but mine is equally insane. Tops on my leaderboard is nearly 33K, and the top 24 are all over 15K.

If I'm in the top 4,000, it would be nice to get the refresh tokens. Currently sitting well inside that, but we'll see how this progresses over time.

On the plus side, I should be welcoming Beast in about 90 minutes and that'll allow me to actually run a Full Team. :)

Yeah, I had no illusions that the leaderboard would be good, but mine is equally insane. Tops on my leaderboard is nearly 33K, and the top 24 are all over 15K.

If I'm in the top 4,000, it would be nice to get the refresh tokens. Currently sitting well inside that, but we'll see how this progresses over time.

On the plus side, I should be welcoming Beast in about 90 minutes and that'll allow me to actually run a Full Team. :)

what surprised me was a number of the individuals are like yours over 15k and level in the 30-40s and that does not seem possible. I just want the refresh and coins to use toward Owl. i am in the 400s atm. Will be lower in the next two hour pick up lol.

Or the failed social aspect to the game where you could visit other kingdoms. Something was supposed to be announced, and yet here we are over halfway through the year. New players won't ever know that one existed, and old players are just tugged along and it will stop being mentioned at some point. They could totally free up some space by making some of the border icons and information go away. I still don't know why they forced the tasks list to be open. Toss the calendar, toss the guest count, and heck, toss the "player level". It is meaningless other than giving a gem and some magic every 6 months when you are over level 30.
I'm at 60, which seems to be the final level. The star won't fill up and it has been well over a year. You're right about the calendar. Just make it an auto pop-up when we log in, and have the gift be a surprise. What's the point of knowing what the token is going to be three weeks from now??

I was coming to report very similar circumstances. The leader of my board has 24,000 after two hours. Now mind you I am not trying for first place but after two hours there is just no way or lots of spent gems or wasted gem. Lol

You all couldn't really want the Malificent hat stand all THAT badly?

Think they were just making an observation about how quickly people were being crazy with the TC leaderboards. Doubt they’re concerned about where they rank in the leaderboard.

I rarely, if ever, understand why people would waste gems just so they place really high, especially with rewards being so crappy. TC might be the exception, because maybe they don’t have the Beast so they’re trying to make enough TC currency to buy them ASAP?

Just bought my final book and gotta admit I really like the ability to buy a multiple number of an item at one time.

I rarely, if ever, understand why people would waste gems just so they place really high, especially with rewards being so crappy. TC might be the exception, because maybe they don’t have the Beast so they’re trying to make enough TC currency to buy them ASAP?

That would be a shame if they did; with the 500 TC they gifted us plus the spins and the enchanted buildings, I had enough TC to buy Beast and use him on my third trip out.

Think they were just making an observation about how quickly people were being crazy with the TC leaderboards. Doubt they’re concerned about where they rank in the leaderboard.

Most definitely this, at least for me. I wouldn't mind a hat stand (I need four more in my California Screamin' Zone), but I am spending precisely zero gems on that.

Top of my board is 55,220 and I'm at 17,742(#1,462). Already done first Owl tokens and stocking up on refreshes and TC

I am also done with Owl tokens and leveling other characters and collecting refreshes in case I need the.

@supernova- I certainly do not need another Maleficent hat stand lol.

I need to keep reminding myself to save most of my refreshed/cookies for chapter 2 and 3.

@Renarr Not sure if this is your first or second TC, but at least in the past some character groups used for challenges tend to get smaller. Always a good idea to save up as many refreshes/cookies for chapter 2 and 3. Even if it means you use fewer character for some of your chapter 1 challenges. Also, don't use you daily refresh all characters right away and save it until later in the day. I haven’t used mine from today yet and will not use it until I use EVERY character. Just make sure to use it before tomorrow’s refresh all resets.

I need to keep reminding myself to save most of my refreshed/cookies for chapter 2 and 3.

@Renarr Not sure if this is your first or second TC, but at least in the past some character groups used for challenges tend to get smaller. Always a good idea to save up as many refreshes/cookies for chapter 2 and 3. Even if it means you use fewer character for some of your chapter 1 challenges. Also, don't use you daily refresh all characters right away and save it until later in the day. I haven’t used mine from today yet and will not use it until I use EVERY character. Just make sure to use it before tomorrow’s refresh all resets.

It's my first TC.

I've used my daily refresh, but mostly because I can only really send out three teams on a refresh, so I sent one at the reset and two more right after that before refreshing.

Chapter 1 is my only chapter where I can send a Full Team (unless I get lucky and get Tigger in the Winnie the Pooh box), so I've been using cocoa where I can to send the full teams to try to maximize EC. That probably hurts my chances for the milestone rewards later, but I'm pretty hard-pressed even with using cocoa seeing a scenario where Chapter 2 gets me past the 5 blueprints reward (that's my stretch goal), and I think I have an outside shot (with Tigger) of getting the 2 blueprints in Chapter 3.

What my goal has been for this challenge is to get Rabbit and his house, the Streets of Agrabah, and if I get all of that and have wasted EC that won't convert to gems, then pick up a couple Owl ear tokens.

But I can see already I have absolutely zero chance of getting Owl. I've got nine characters this chapter, five in Chapter 2 (if things go well, I think I might welcome Flynn while Chapter 2 is ending), and six in Chapter 3 (once I get Rabbit, that is, LOL). This is by far my best chapter for EC, and while I've been semi-conservative with cocoa (I have 11 at the moment), I have 3579 EC after buying Beast. With all the other things left to buy and my situation getting worse, I think I'll be content to pick up as much of the older content as I can and call it a day.

It's my first TC.

I've used my daily refresh, but mostly because I can only really send out three teams on a refresh, so I sent one at the reset and two more right after that before refreshing.

Chapter 1 is my only chapter where I can send a Full Team (unless I get lucky and get Tigger in the Winnie the Pooh box), so I've been using cocoa where I can to send the full teams to try to maximize EC. That probably hurts my chances for the milestone rewards later, but I'm pretty hard-pressed even with using cocoa seeing a scenario where Chapter 2 gets me past the 5 blueprints reward (that's my stretch goal), and I think I have an outside shot (with Tigger) of getting the 2 blueprints in Chapter 3.

What my goal has been for this challenge is to get Rabbit and his house, the Streets of Agrabah, and if I get all of that and have wasted EC that won't convert to gems, then pick up a couple Owl ear tokens.

But I can see already I have absolutely zero chance of getting Owl. I've got nine characters this chapter, five in Chapter 2 (if things go well, I think I might welcome Flynn while Chapter 2 is ending), and six in Chapter 3 (once I get Rabbit, that is, LOL). This is by far my best chapter for EC, and while I've been semi-conservative with cocoa (I have 11 at the moment), I have 3579 EC after buying Beast. With all the other things left to buy and my situation getting worse, I think I'll be content to pick up as much of the older content as I can and call it a day.

I would agree with you newer players need to focus on getting characters or/and buildings they don’t have to help more later then to focus on the character the TC is giving away. I have been where you are and used to think I could get the new character with only few of the characters required for each chapter. It gets easier as you gain more characters.

I would agree with you newer players need to focus on getting characters or/and buildings they don’t have to help more later then to focus on the character the TC is giving away. I have been where you are and used to think I could get the new character with only few of the characters required for each chapter. It gets easier as you gain more characters.
Absolutely. In the long run, he'll do far better with the character and building prizes than he ever will with Owl. I know I'm certainly enjoying the Mayor, Sultan and hyenas.

Sweet jesus, I had forgotten how boring and repetitive these tiresome Tower Challenges are. And we still have 13 days of this nonsense to go.

Last edited:
Sweet jesus, I had forgotten how boring, and repetitive these tiresome Tower Challenges are. And we still have 13 days of this nonsense to go.
Yep and the unnecessary chapter 1/2/3 time walls really adds to it. While still repetitive, if I could be buying Owl hats and/or glasses right now it would feel like we’re still accomplishing something. Instead we still have to wait almost 3 days for chapter two, just so they can build 3 “challanges” into the TC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter