Disney Magic Kingdoms

You're thinking of Zazu, not Rafiki.

Your frustrations are valid. This is a pain for most people and timed events. The trade off is that the premium character will have a shorter timed task for the token. Rafiki was great for my Simba/Nala ears, but dismal for leafy manes.
Mine does that for Rafiki and Zazu.

Not that its a priority but welcoming Bagheera will take a while. His Perch has a 12 hour and 24 hour task and the 24 hour Golden Zephyr. Then his ears are a 12 and 24 hour task. Plus 20 of the prickly Pears.
And the drop rate is terrible. After over two days of sending them all exclusively on quests to get Bagheera's perch and ears, I only have one of each.

So I belong to a DMK group on Facebook, and members are whining that those people who won a paint stand last time should gracefully bow out this time around.

Another poster explained to them that it is a game and anyone can play how they see fit. We don't need DMK morality police. There was also some witty mention of participation trophies. Of course the group admin deleted that person's post.

I explained to them that as a Day one player, with every attraction and every character, I automatically started the contest in 22nd place without trying. I am not going out of my way to win another paint stand, but if I do get one, I intend to trade it to Merlin, and I refuse to feel bad about that

So I belong to a DMK group on Facebook, and members are whining that those people who won a paint stand last time should gracefully bow out this time around.

Another poster explained to them that it is a game and anyone can play how they see fit. We don't need DMK morality police. There was also some witty mention of participation trophies. Of course the group admin deleted that person's post.

I explained to them that as a Day one player, with every attraction and every character, I automatically started the contest in 22nd place without trying. I am not going out of my way to win another paint stand, but if I do get one, I intend to trade it to Merlin, and I refuse to feel bad about that
Some people like to get themselves worked up over the strangest things.

The thing is that the person who posted this plea for previous winners not to try, claims that she herself already has a paint stand.

She claims that this plea it's not for her own benefit. It is for the benefit of those players less fortunate than her.

I could almost hear Sarah McLachlan singing in the background

Agree that i will play for the paint stand to trade in to Merlin.

Drops have been better than expected for the overnight and morning. Only need 1 more leaf to start welcoming.

That's my plan as well. It's worth 350 potions in trade. I'll take that! Even if I didn't want the extra potions, now I'd just try to win one to irritate a "snowflake".
:charac2:

Simba's drops haven't been very good for me - Buzz, Pumbaa, and Tink just finished their tasks and NOT ONE DROP! Currently at 5 leaf manes and 1 simba ears. Though I don't have Chip/Dale, Mulan, the parade float, or Rafiki, so I guess that limits me a bit. I was at work today also, so didn't have the opportunity to ensure my characters were turned around at the end of their tasks. Hopefully my drop rates improve! Definitely low on the event currency side - only 21K. Zazu/Timon lvl 7, Pumbaa lvl 8, Nala lvl 6, and all but Nala ready to level up again. On a side note: 109 more gems needed to get Rafiki. I wish I had him already though to help with Simba's tokens!!

Drops haven't been that great for me either. Especially with the ears. I do have rafiki and the float but float hasn't dropped anything. I only have 12000 event currency but I am further behind in the game than a lot so have less characters to collect.

That's my plan as well. It's worth 350 potions in trade. I'll take that! Even if I didn't want the extra potions, now I'd just try to win one to irritate a "snowflake".
:charac2:

I haven't been trying real hard as I didn't care if I got the booth or not. I didn't even consider how many potions I could get for it! I will have to keep that in mind for the future. I really doubt I can make it this time.

Just hit the welcome button for simba! 58000 left in currency. Depending on how expensive scar is I think I should be okay getting to 80k.

The leaderboard events also arent that good, unless there are gems involved. their main purpose, from a developer point of view, is to distract players from the main event progress, not to complete the event and get completionist to spend real world money to fill in the gaps they missed. Look how many characters that have trophy tasks also have ones with drops for Nala or Simba. If you disregard the trophy event, you can focus on that instead, but to each their own.

Last edited:
The leaderboard events also arent that good, unless there are gems involved. their main purpose, from a developer point of view, is to distract players from the main event progress, not to complete the event and get completionist to spend real world money to fill in the gaps they missed. Look how many characters have that have trophy tasks also have ones with drops for Nala or Simba. If you disregard the trophy event, you can focus on that instead, but to each their own.

I am not trying to win a paint stand. But with all my attractions and characters (besides the ones collecting for Simba). I am still comfortably in the top 50

Nice to know only one item of each is needed for level 2. 5 hours left in welcoming Simba and I can go right to level 2.

I'll get Simba in about 5 hours. The drop rate wasn't so bad for me this time (I have Rafiki but not the float or the racetrack). Mowgli, on the other hand, will take forever. I'm only about 1/2 way there and I've been trying for a few days now.

Simba tokens are dropping pretty good for me. I didn't begin working on him until bedtime last night (poorly planned birthday party took away my Kingdom playing yesterday, lol). I'm exactly half way there. So, I'm thinking tomorrow. I also started late with the mini event and I' m in the 30's. Not too concerned with the mini event this time around. I'm focusing on Simba and trying to get close to the 80k. I got a little tree of life out of one of my chests today...small and cute. Everyone who is ahead of me...thanks for all your updates!!!!

I'll get Simba in about 5 hours. The drop rate wasn't so bad for me this time (I have Rafiki but not the float or the racetrack). Mowgli, on the other hand, will take forever. I'm only about 1/2 way there and I've been trying for a few days now.
Lucky on Mowgli...I've been trying too and I' m not even half way!! I want that extra land. Guess it'll be something to do after LK is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter