Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hadn't even considered that. I'm blowing thru my saved up platinums now hoping to get the China Pavilion. Would be nice to have even if i can't put it out.
They will force open in the future, so I'm not bothering to open them now. I'm trying to farm as many items for elixir as possible as that appears to be a change that will occur as attractions and decorations will be in their own chests going forward.

Im afraid to not send characters on quests with how much magic I need and am behind to level/cure curses for needed room, I had to try to grind magic last night, feel kinda dumb but, used to play world of Warcraft and used to grinding things(haven’t played in awhile since I had my little one) so for 2 hours last night I sat doing what 1 or 3 minute quests that I could and collecting the magic from the 1:10 Mickey house and 3 minute wheel as often as I could, including clicking the 30 second button to get it immediately, got me like an extra 4000-5000 so it helped a tiny bit
Have you tried concession farming yet? If you have the space (or can afford the magic to purchase a cheaper section), it's a good idea to set out every magic dropping concession that you own. It's especially helpful if you can group them together by type. You can then collect each group as the timers expire. There are concessions that drop faster than most attractions. I've been playing for a while and still have a small farm.
anyone know if these character/gem bundles have a time limit or, can I wait until a week when the characters that are up my daughter can wait on the legendary chests until another time around because she doesn’t have much interest in the character set, and buy the bundle then?
The non-event character bundles (like Boo, Maximus, King Louie, and Lady Tremaine) are available continuously. The interns are still trying to convince me that I have to purchase those characters.

Another tip for you (please learn from my mistake): Don't place attractions on the edge of an expensive section of land. I was trying to maximize my space, so I put the Princess Fairytale Hall next to the 3 million section by Small World. Guess what I now own? I clicked "purchase land" accidentally when I was trying to collect that stupid hall.

Did they clarify what will happen to the attractions in the platinum chests that are going away? Will there be another way to get them or will they be gone?

They are now in a chest called Attraction Enchantment chest which includes some on the items needed for the new upgrade buildings thingy. They cost 75 gems and limit you to purchasing 3 a day

Attachments

• C3402E3C-C484-4EF7-B5F9-E823C6FC680A.jpeg
    C3402E3C-C484-4EF7-B5F9-E823C6FC680A.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 14
Finally....hello Bunny. Took forever to get those last 6 ears.

Wait, you have ear hats?

Congrats! I only have 11 ear hats to go. :rotfl: The 🚀 ships went fast, but my ear hats have been awful.

Finally, someone going more my speed. I got to the Welcome Bunny task in my IOS game about 5 days before my Windows game. In IOS, I have 6. In Windows I have 9. Both games have horrible drop rates, but IOS is simply ridiculous how bad it is. I'm thinking it's going to take the rest of summer. Seriously.

Reddit is amusing this morning. We don't have the Patch Notes yet, so everyone is holding off on the update, expecting some sort of "gotcha." A couple people downloaded it, but framed it as "taking one for the team." I'm still reading what changes might be out there.

I'm still working on finding a husband so I can have the children and marvel at how fast time goes. I don't know how I'm ever going to do that with having no steady income to go out and meet my prince, but I am headed to Disney World for my 40th birthday. I'll be in the most magical place of all, on my birthday, where wishes come true, so hopefully I meet him there!

🎼 “Someday your prince will come...” and he will have been worth the wait. My BFF just found hers at age 43. Hoping a dream job and your prince both arrive very soon!

So it looks like the annoyances so far, is that they changed the collection times on the Mickey & Friends and early content. So Mickey's House used to be 90 seconds before collecting. Now, it's 2 hours. Burger stands used to be 2 minutes, now they are 12 hours. Not that big of a deal for long time players, but how do you start this game and get anywhere if it takes 2 hours for Mickey's house?

Incredibles were the only set rebalanced

Token drops are different. So if you were early in the game, you got a bit screwed, as now you need to upgrade your buildings to get the same tokens that dropped yesterday. Ducky lost a token possibility, so if you are still waiting to Welcome him, you might want to hold off on the update. And we can only get these tokens needed to upgrade the buildings via the chests (until Star Adventure gets upgraded).

The rising level of discontentment is palpable.

Everything is worth a lot more elixir, so don't send items to Merlin until after you update. Just store them.

I downloaded the update. You get a pop up message that Merlin charges twice the amount of elixirs. Also, the happiness enchantment, which used to last 3 days now only lasts 24 hours and it is over 600 elixir. So huge change here. More costly and you have to do this more frequently.

Reddit is amusing this morning. We don't have the Patch Notes yet, so everyone is holding off on the update, expecting some sort of "gotcha." A couple people downloaded it, but framed it as "taking one for the team." I'm still reading what changes might be out there.
I unfortunately did the update ... it popped up with a message saying 18 of my decorations were resized and put back into inventory! They no longer fit where they were before so now have to either send them to Merlin or rearrange my park to fit them. Not impressed. They should have made them smaller not larger!

Patch Notes are out (finally): https://www.facebook.com/notes/disn...-king-ducktales/1395565933943200/?__tn__=HH-R

That is a long list of token changes.

Oh, and the Happiness "Fix" is that instead of deteriorating 1 per 3 minutes in Ecstatic, it's now 1 per 4.5 minutes. I don't know what it was originally.

Another biggie, is that the people who bought Slinky Dog Dash to help with Bunny, now have an attraction that needs to be Enchanted to Level 4 to help with Bunny...

Last edited:
Read the patch notes, this is my key takeaway:
“We’re thrilled to announce the introduction of Attraction Enchantments as the first of three exciting additions coming to Disney Magic Kingdoms throughout the coming months!”
Will be interesting to see what else they cooked up...

Got the update for iOS, 600 gems for Scrooge McDuck. Pass.

Yep, they are really trying to bleed us dry of gems. I believe that makes him the most expensive gem character in the game? Believe it was Maximus (Tangled) at 575 gems?

Wait, you have ear hats?
Finally, someone going more my speed. I got to the Welcome Bunny task in my IOS game about 5 days before my Windows game. In IOS, I have 6. In Windows I have 9. Both games have horrible drop rates, but IOS is simply ridiculous how bad it is. I'm thinking it's going to take the rest of summer. Seriously.

I’m wondering how much drop rates are effected by lower happiness rates. Being on vacation last week meant I was stuck in Joyous for the entire week. It is annoying though, especially since I finished collecting all of his rocket ships 2 days ago.

So it looks like the annoyances so far, is that they changed the collection times on the Mickey & Friends and early content. So Mickey's House used to be 90 seconds before collecting. Now, it's 2 hours. Burger stands used to be 2 minutes, now they are 12 hours. Not that big of a deal for long time players, but how do you start this game and get anywhere if it takes 2 hours for Mickey's house?

Incredibles were the only set rebalanced

Token drops are different. So if you were early in the game, you got a bit screwed, as now you need to upgrade your buildings to get the same tokens that dropped yesterday. Ducky lost a token possibility, so if you are still waiting to Welcome him, you might want to hold off on the update. And we can only get these tokens needed to upgrade the buildings via the chests (until Star Adventure gets upgraded).

The rising level of discontentment is palpable.

Everything is worth a lot more elixir, so don't send items to Merlin until after you update. Just store them.

It just feels like everything they have done this year requires us to log in and do more just to accomplish something we could do with less time. I understand that they are trying to find more ways to make money, but this isn’t the way to do it.

As annoying as I find most of these changes to be, it’s so much worse to newer players.
I would NEVER suggest this game to anyone I know because of everything they have done. It use to feel like they were making a game for Disney fans to enjoy, but now all they are trying to do, and they aren’t even trying to hide it, is take as much money from them as possible.

I unfortunately did the update ... it popped up with a message saying 18 of my decorations were resized and put back into inventory! They no longer fit where they were before so now have to either send them to Merlin or rearrange my park to fit them. Not impressed. They should have made them smaller not larger!

Well the good news is that they opened up so much land this update that it won’t be a problem. Oh wait, they didn’t even open up a plot of land! Unbelievable!!!

Read the patch notes, this is my key takeaway:
“We’re thrilled to announce the introduction of Attraction Enchantments as the first of three exciting additions coming to Disney Magic Kingdoms throughout the coming months!”
Will be interesting to see what else they cooked up...

Actually haven’t read the path notes, but if this is the first of three exciting additions, than I’d read it differently.

“We’re thrilled to announce the introduction of Attraction Enchantments as the first of three exciting additions coming to Disney Magic Kingdoms throughout the coming months! If you feel like this batch of changes suck the enjoyment out of the game just wait to see what else we have instore for you.

I do agree though, it will be interesting to see what else they cooked up...

Yep, they are really trying to bleed us dry of gems. I believe that makes him the most expensive gem character in the game? Believe it was Maximus (Tangled) at 575 gems?

I guess I overestimated when I predicted Scrooge would be 1000 gems, but I got the underlying point right. Despite, being early game content going forward, he would be the most expensive character in the game

I’m wondering how much drop rates are effected by lower happiness rates. Being on vacation last week meant I was stuck in Joyous for the entire week. It is annoying though, especially since I finished collecting all of his rocket ships 2 days ago.

That might explain your poor drop rates, but I have had no problem staying in the bottom of Ecstatic and it hasn't helped my drops one bit.

It just feels like everything they have done this year requires us to log in and do more just to accomplish something we could do with less time. I understand that they are trying to find more ways to make money, but this isn’t the way to do it.

They don't understand "the carrot and the stick." Never any carrots, only sticks.

I'm playing NimbleBit's LEGO Tower which just dropped, and it's been awhile since I've played a Tiny Tower variant, but the original Tiny Tower was my first "app" game. They really have figured out how to charge for content, without it being a burden for game players who don't. Their premium currency, drops like candy. It may take awhile to save up, but not annoyingly so.

I've also been playing Niantic's Harry Potter game, but I'm already considering stopping. I like some of the different game play elements, but the daily task list being so long and involved is already a turn off. But trying to keep up with this, PokemonGo and the two new games has me re-evaluating what I want to play. So far "giving everything up" is winning. But I'll probably stick with PoGo because it's a good balance of playing casual. We don't really raid anymore, and just wait for the Legendaries to show up in Special Research. We don't really do Gym battles either, and just wait for a gym to turn over and plop our stuff in.

One person noted that the NBC concessions got smaller (I think those were 6x6, while all other concessions were 5x5).

However!!!! The Incredibles statues went from being 3x3 to 5x5! 9 squares to 25 squares. Good thing there is no space/land issues in this game, right @mikegood2 !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter