Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big shot series production has been shut down someone has tested positive for covid. Shouldn’t be down for too long.

Finally been watching Rebels for first time. Halfway through season 2

I def like CW more, but it's still entertaining

Please report back when you finish! such a great series. TOok me awhile to warm up to all the characters, especially Ezra, but later arcs are SO good!

Please report back when you finish! such a great series. TOok me awhile to warm up to all the characters, especially Ezra, but later arcs are SO good!

This might be a weird thought but I have wondered how the prequels would feel if when we first met Anakin he was like Ezra vs the little kid

This might be a weird thought but I have wondered how the prequels would feel if when we first met Anakin he was like Ezra vs the little kid

Not weird. I think that would've been really good...Jake Lloyd did a fine job, but I've always wished Anakin was older in TPM. I re-watched TPM for a May 4 marathon, and for the first time in a long while, I REALLY enjoyed it. I wish we'd had something like the Clone wars series before TPM came out, because after watching it recently, I kinda thought it played like a really good, long CW arc....and I was more receptive to that. Anyway, yeah, I agree, a tween/teen Anakin to start would've been good.

Not weird. I think that would've been really good...Jake Lloyd did a fine job, but I've always wished Anakin was older in TPM. I re-watched TPM for a May 4 marathon, and for the first time in a long while, I REALLY enjoyed it. I wish we'd had something like the Clone wars series before TPM came out, because after watching it recently, I kinda thought it played like a really good, long CW arc....and I was more receptive to that. Anyway, yeah, I agree, a tween/teen Anakin to start would've been good.

I think having a little kid Naakin is fine - I liked him - but sometimes I wonder, what if the prequels were the OT and we had a series like Clone Wars BEFORE Episode III? Liek for someone who watches for the first time and goes in chronological order. If the Clone Wars made us fall in love with Anakin, how much of a gut-punch would his fall be? They still did a nice job with it, but everyone knew it had to happen. Just suppose that we didn't. I'm not sure people would have bene too happy about it though.

I think having a little kid Naakin is fine - I liked him - but sometimes I wonder, what if the prequels were the OT and we had a series like Clone Wars BEFORE Episode III? Liek for someone who watches for the first time and goes in chronological order. If the Clone Wars made us fall in love with Anakin, how much of a gut-punch would his fall be? They still did a nice job with it, but everyone knew it had to happen. Just suppose that we didn't. I'm not sure people would have bene too happy about it though.

I always felt they should have combined the storylines from episodes I and II into one movie and then stretched out the plot form episode III into two movies, starting with a bit more from the clone wars and allowing time to show Anakin's fall and also a bit more time at the end

We always have trouble with the relative ages of Anakin and Padme. In TPM he seems a lot younger than she and then ages more in the later films.

I love the Spoilers y’all post pointing out connections between The Mandalorian and the films and animated series. I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch the animated series, so I depend on you to help me understand and enjoy Mandalorian more.

We always have trouble with the relative ages of Anakin and Padme. In TPM he seems a lot younger than she and then ages more in the later films.

I love the Spoilers y’all post pointing out connections between The Mandalorian and the films and animated series. I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch the animated series, so I depend on you to help me understand and enjoy Mandalorian more.

They are only 5 years apart though - it seems weird when she's 14 and he's 9, but in AOTC He's 19 and she's 24 so it's not so unreasonable. I'm more concerned as to why Naboo elected a 14 year old to be the head of their government - precocious ones those Naboo are!

They are only 5 years apart though - it seems weird when she's 14 and he's 9, but in AOTC He's 19 and she's 24 so it's not so unreasonable. I'm more concerned as to why Naboo elected a 14 year old to be the head of their government - precocious ones those Naboo are!

14 was a little young but the Naboo usually elect a teen girl. Per new canon books.

14 was a little young but the Naboo usually elect a teen girl. Per new canon books.

Yeah, but the question is why? I mean, have you met teen girls? :laughing:

No, I know it's all relative and that Naboo society comes of age quite early and have a stong focus on education.

Wow what a big secret Disney plus has been keeping. Reports are that there will be a boba fett series that could start shouting next week.deadline has report this John Campea is talking about it. A google search lots of talk about this.

There had been a permit filing back in early October regarding Boba Fett that I posted in the news thread last Friday, which was speculated to be for a new show. Didn’t wanna add too much to it then just in case people hadn’t seen the episode. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see Boba Fett again until that show

As for today’s episode. Easily the worst of the series. Im a huge fan of Peyton Reed (yes, even Antman and the Wasp), but this was bad. Amy Sedaris just doesn’t fit in Star Wars either. Her previous 2 appearances were whatever, but now she’s a recurring character, and it gets worse with every appearance she makes. We’re now 25% of the way through the season with little to now forward plot movement. Back to back filler episodes, but at least Chapter 9 was an entertaining episode. Chapter 10 felt more like an episode that was a budget saver for future episodes, but I think there could have been at least some forward progress.

Chapter 10 felt like a 40 minute Star Tours mission. That’s the best way I can describe it

I liked this episode, it wasn't the best, but it filled out the family narrative well... and I still see hints that the little one may be a bit too attracted to the dark side, which makes him a lot more interesting.

we are in a second lockdown / stay at home order in Ireland, so my plan this time is watch the Disney Animated movies in chronological order. Disney+ was launched during the first lockdown in March and I just was so overwhelmed with everything, the old favorite's, the ones I never got to see and then all the new content, that I was just jumping from movie to series to shorts with no order or plan.

I started with The Sword In The Stone and just now finished The Rescuers. Anyone else doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter