Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never read the books so I know very little about Artemis Fowel. I did watch the latest Insider and saw all the behind the scenes and the interview with the author. That left me very curious and interested. So asking should I watch the movie or read the books first then decide on the movie?
I would read the books and probably ignore the movie, at least for now.

I wouldn't say the books are particularly well-written, but there's a pretty decent story with some very good ideas. It sounds like the movie stripped down all of what made the books unique among other YA/children's novels.

I would read the books and probably ignore the movie, at least for now.

I wouldn't say the books are particularly well-written, but there's a pretty decent story with some very good ideas. It sounds like the movie stripped down all of what made the books unique among other YA/children's novels.

Thanks for the advice! I am about to start reading the Twisted Tales series, so I will add that to the list after I am done with those.

I have never read the books so I know very little about Artemis Fowel. I did watch the latest Insider and saw all the behind the scenes and the interview with the author. That left me very curious and interested. So asking should I watch the movie or read the books first then decide on the movie?

Coming from someone who has seen the movie, but not yet read the books, if you have Disney +, I would go ahead and watch the movie. If you are already paying for Disney +, it doesn't cost anything extra to watch the movie. Plus, the people who seem to hate it the most are the ones that have read the books. Having not yet read the books, we found the movie okay (not great, but okay) and enjoyable. I'm afraid if we had read the books first, our opinion might have been different!

Coming from someone who has seen the movie, but not yet read the books, if you have Disney +, I would go ahead and watch the movie. If you are already paying for Disney +, it doesn't cost anything extra to watch the movie. Plus, the people who seem to hate it the most are the ones that have read the books. Having not yet read the books, we found the movie okay (not great, but okay) and enjoyable. I'm afraid if we had read the books first, our opinion might have been different!

Thanks for the feedback! I might just go ahead and watch it this weekend then.

Thanks for the feedback! I might just go ahead and watch it this weekend then.
(RE: Artemis Fowl)

You definitely should! DH and I watched it Tuesday and both loved it. Oddly (because we’re both big readers) neither of us had read that one, so we had no cause to be disappointed that anything was left out or changed, and just enjoyed it.

No one brought up today that Disney+ Will be taking away the 7 day free trial in advance of Hamilton?

Good for them. People like to gloat about not paying Disney for the streaming service to watch Mandalorian and then trash talking the streaming service because they dont like Disney movies. Now you have to pay to play, as it should have been. Its $7 a month. There are coffee’s that cost more

Not sure The Mandalorian is worth $7 month. We're currently getting it for one year as a perk of my Verizon cell phone plan. Not sure if we'll be renewing. How Disney has handled the Parks and Disney+, we may need to rethink how we spend our money. Obvious that Disney doesn't care though.

I got the D23 membership deal back last Labor Day weekend. So I paid for the 3 years up front plus I have Verizon so I don’t have to pay again until 2023. Personally for me, it was worth every penny I paid up front. The Imagineering Story, Mandalorian, Jeff Goldblum and One Day at Disney made it feel worth it to me. I love all of those programs. Forky Asks a Question has me in stitches everytime I watch As I have watched that multiple times. They have added some great additional content over the last 6 + months since it debuted. I already owned a good majority of the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies so it was never about those for me. Looking forward to all of the Marvel shows once they drop too.

Like it was said above, you can pay more for a fancy coffee than what D+ costs. I am glad they are getting rid of the trial. I personally think it’s worth the price over other streaming services. I have Netflix, Prime and Hulu and honestly can’t tell you the last time I watched Hulu since I got D+.

Not sure The Mandalorian is worth $7 month. We're currently getting it for one year as a perk of my Verizon cell phone plan. Not sure if we'll be renewing. How Disney has handled the Parks and Disney+, we may need to rethink how we spend our money. Obvious that Disney doesn't care though.

Mandalorian isnt for everyone, but if you’re a Star Wars fan, its certainly worth more than the $14 you would have paid to watch it weekly when it released in Nov-Dec 2019.

I dont understand how Disney handled D+ poorly. They advertised it exactly how we received it. They didn’t deceive their customers.

I got the D23 membership deal back last Labor Day weekend. So I paid for the 3 years up front plus I have Verizon so I don’t have to pay again until 2023. Personally for me, it was worth every penny I paid up front. The Imagineering Story, Mandalorian, Jeff Goldblum and One Day at Disney made it feel worth it to me. I love all of those programs. Forky Asks a Question has me in stitches everytime I watch As I have watched that multiple times. They have added some great additional content over the last 6 + months since it debuted. I already owned a good majority of the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies so it was never about those for me. Looking forward to all of the Marvel shows once they drop too.

Like it was said above, you can pay more for a fancy coffee than what D+ costs. I am glad they are getting rid of the trial. I personally think it’s worth the price over other streaming services. I have Netflix, Prime and Hulu and honestly can’t tell you the last time I watched Hulu since I got D+.

Thats what I got when I went to the convention. It came out to like $3 a month for the first 36 months. I too own many of the Disney/Star Wars/Marvel/Pixar movies, and actually prefer the 4K discs over streaming. Not just Disney+, but all streaming platforms.

I watch Hulu for Scrubs, but thats about it. Prime has a good selection of movies. Netflix to me is only there for me to watch The Office and Parks and Rec (And those leave on Jan 1 2021). But with the amount of content they’re starting, and continuing to lose due to contracts, it’s becoming less and less worth the $15 a month.

Mandalorian isnt for everyone, but if you’re a Star Wars fan, its certainly worth more than the $14 you would have paid to watch it weekly when it released in Nov-Dec 2019.

I dont understand how Disney handled D+ poorly. They advertised it exactly how we received it. They didn’t deceive their customers.

I agree, they have delivered on everything they said they would with the streaming service. No deceit in my opinion either.

Let's treat "Song of The South" like it never existed. Also, where's all the great Disney channel stuff from the 90's? Why isn't Home Improvement on there? I realize they syndicated it and it's available elsewhere. But, there are a lot of properties they own that aren't available anywhere that would be perfect for D+. Most of the original content is very short: Forky's questions, One day at Disney, etc. I enjoyed the Imagineering story. But, a lot of the other documentaries were on Netflix. So, I've seen them many years ago.

Let's treat "Song of The South" like it never existed. Also, where's all the great Disney channel stuff from the 90's? Why isn't Home Improvement on there? I realize they syndicated it and it's available elsewhere. But, there are a lot of properties they own that aren't available anywhere that would be perfect for D+. Most of the original content is very short: Forky's questions, One day at Disney, etc. I enjoyed the Imagineering story. But, a lot of the other documentaries were on Netflix. So, I've seen them many years ago.

Not everything in their vault was going to be released all at once. They made no secret of that. The platform isn’t even a year old yet. Give it time and I am sure they will show up. Some things may not be on it yet because of contracts with other platforms. I believe that is the issue with Infinity War not being on D+ right away. They had a deal with Netflix or one of the others that they needed to run out before they can add it.

Glad to see Secrets of the Zoo season 3 on there - that has been one of my family's favorite finds on there

If anyone enjoys the animal care part of Animal Kingdom will live this show
Excellent show. Been watching all its iterations (original based in Columbus) as well as Tampa and Down Under. The Tampa show was especially awesome for us as that’s our local zoo and pre-Coivd we were there at least 3-4 times a month. If you haven’t watched the Tampa and Down Under versions give them a shot as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter