Disney pins carry on?

2010_Bride

DIS Veteran
Anyone flown recently with Disney pins?

This is the first time we will be flying with a lanyard full of pins. We are flying Southwest and JetBlue. Do you place your pins in checked luggage or have them with you in carry-on? I'm hoping to bring them in carry-on, but not sure because they are "sharp objects".

We've flown with them in carryon (or around our necks) many times without issue, and that is travelling internationally. BUT not since some of the latest restrictions. I doubt they would be a problem even now however, The pins are about 1/4" long, and not very sharp, making them unlikely to be a threat.

We put ours in our checked luggage just to be safe. We don’t need them while travelling and I’d hate to have any issues and potentially have them taken away. I’m sure it would be fine but I tend to err on the side of caution with most things.

They're fine. No worse than earrings.

And yes, my kids also have often taken pins in carry-on luggage, including as recently as last month. There's never been a problem.

Yes, just flew SW last week with them in carry-ons with no problem. Always have with us on case checked luggage gets lost.

We put ours in our checked luggage just to be safe. We don’t need them while travelling and I’d hate to have any issues and potentially have them taken away. I’m sure it would be fine but I tend to err on the side of caution with most things.
DW is an avid pin trader, and usually makes her first and last trades of the trip at the Disney stores at MCO.

I would definitely put them in your carry on. Several years ago we put our daughter's lanyard full of pins in our checked luggage and when we received our luggage, the pins were gone. Someone stole them. Had one sad daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter