Disney raising Genie+ pricing effective immediately

I just got back and most days it was at $20, a few at $15, one at $18, and a few at $22. Budget accordingly.

I feel bad for the people that budget 2-3 years for a trip and then Disney just keeps raising the prices at a much quicker pace than inflation. Some people may never hit their goal of saving enough money to be able to take that Disney trip. With the prices where they are now, and the US economy heading into a recessionary period, I think Disney is at the tipping point of what most people think is affordable and reasonable for a trip with a family of 4.

Is there any way yet to predict/guess what G+ prices will be for an particular date? Do you not know until you actually buy it?

Is there any way yet to predict/guess what G+ prices will be for an particular date? Do you not know until you actually buy it?
Not right now there isn't. People have to remember they did say these prices were only for October. That might all change again come tomorrow.

Yes, prices are rising everywhere due to inflation. The problem I Have is that Disney has been doing it consistently for several years now across the board - pre Covid and not inflation based. When Genie plus was introduced I cancelled an upcoming trip and now likely won’t go for some time now due to the Variable pricing. While I can fortunately afford to go I choose not to. I know there are many willing to step in and fill my spot as well. I feel bad for those being priced out who haven’t had the chance to experience it.

I would just assume that it would be as expensive as possible and then be shocked if it somehow isn't.

Then again, they could just raise what the most expensive price is and it could be even higher at that point, but then they could raise it again and you would be looking at an even higher price, until they raise it again and that would be the new highest price until they raise it again and then you would be looking at an even higher price until they raise it again and...

Rumor has it that prices will go up soon. Also the individual LL will be available to buy before day of.

Earnings were today. I know one way to increase revenue…..$120 pp/pd Genie+

The park entry price is a cover charge. That gets you in. You get access to shopping and dining venues with your park ticket.

Back to the days of pay per ride is the way to go!

Earnings were today. I know one way to increase revenue…..$120 pp/pd Genie+

The park entry price is a cover charge. That gets you in. You get access to shopping and dining venues with your park ticket.

Back to the days of pay per ride is the way to go!
That's how most parks do it.

At this point I'd pay to be able to use the old Fast Pass system again - I didn't appreciate how much better it was until the awful Genie+ replaced it. Previously I'd need to get up early once, 60 days before my trip, to get all my Fast Passes booked for my trip. And, knowing in advance which time slots I'd booked, I could plan my days around them quite easily.

With Genie+ I have to pay for the privilege of waking up at 7am to book one premium ride - and the timeslots for the top rides move so fast it's hard to get the right slot. Then I'd get to book my next ride at about 11am (depending on park opening hours) by which time a lot of rides were already gone - and it makes it very hard to properly plan a day with all this uncertainty.
Plus on top of that I get to pay extra to book a lightning lane for the most popular attraction at each park.

At this point I'd pay to be able to use the old Fast Pass system again - I didn't appreciate how much better it was until the awful Genie+ replaced it. Previously I'd need to get up early once, 60 days before my trip, to get all my Fast Passes booked for my trip. And, knowing in advance which time slots I'd booked, I could plan my days around them quite easily.

With Genie+ I have to pay for the privilege of waking up at 7am to book one premium ride - and the timeslots for the top rides move so fast it's hard to get the right slot. Then I'd get to book my next ride at about 11am (depending on park opening hours) by which time a lot of rides were already gone - and it makes it very hard to properly plan a day with all this uncertainty.
Plus on top of that I get to pay extra to book a lightning lane for the most popular attraction at each park.
Definitely agree. They don’t care about us. It’s clear. The focus is on making the most money (it is a business first) and right now the goal is to ramp up to make things as expensive as possible, push as much as they can and see where it lands.

Rather have 1 person in the parks paying $1000 than 10 people paying $100. This minimizes staff, food, etc.

Genie+ and daily rates are the way to do it. There’s no limit on what they can charge and can adjust every day.

I hate it but that’s the way it is.

And that's exactly what a $250 genie plus would do. Less people buying it.

Yes, they do have less visitors per day than Magic Kingdom, but with the latest attendance numbers they have more or equal to every other park.

The base level of this debate is that Disney feels like they can make more at $30 for everyone vs $250 for a select group. They don't really care if you I or grandma have to wait longer in the 140 degree heat, so long as we aren't prevented from maximizing our per guest spending.
Double that price (Triple that price now?) and you have VIP tours.

That’s the dream. Actually have people pay enough that a dedicated team can follow them around and operate the rides and make food for them as they go.

The less people the better.

VIP tours run between $425-$800 per hour (variable pricing) with a 7 hour minimum. Then you have to tip the tour guide at the end which will be an additional 10% to 30% of your total cost. Price does not include cost of admission. You could easily spend 10K in a day on tour.

VIP tours run between $425-$800 per hour (variable pricing) with a 7 hour minimum. Then you have to tip the tour guide at the end which will be an additional 10% to 30% of your total cost. Price does not include cost of admission. You could easily spend 10K in a day on tour.
Woof. Even worse than I thought. The pricing I was thinking of was back in 2017 or 18 I think. Not surprised its that high.

The tour thing got me thinking. Why not eliminate all ‘visitors’ and rent out the park each day?

That way they can get the money they want in a lump sum so they can staff for it.

Park rental comes with a checklist of rides and restaurants. You pay an amount for the day rental and then by the venue/ride.

Big win for them

I feel bad for the people that budget 2-3 years for a trip and then Disney just keeps raising the prices at a much quicker pace than inflation. Some people may never hit their goal of saving enough money to be able to take that Disney trip. With the prices where they are now, and the US economy heading into a recessionary period, I think Disney is at the tipping point of what most people think is affordable and reasonable for a trip with a family of 4.

We tipped and just straight skipped over Disney for our last two trips. Instead we headed to Mexico and stayed in an all-inclusive for 1/3 the cost. Sure it's not Disney, but family memories are family memories. And being able to actually make them without taking on debt is a great perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter