Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread

I went back in 2004 with my mom but
dh and kids havent been there yet
my ds7 is foaming at the mouth about going
he loves the look of everything

Here are the photos I took of our room at the Grand Californian. I wish I had taken more. It's a standard view room on the 4th floor, Room 4121.

Beds:
90546grand_californian_3-med.jpg

Chairs:
90546grand_californian_4-med.jpg

View from the room. The building is the Paradise Pier Hotel. You can also see the entrance to the hotel below.

90546grand_californian_view_1-med.jpg

Another view from the room. The monorail passes directly under the this room. Unfortunately, the monorail was out of service for our entire visit. Wouldn't it have been awesome to have it go underneath you? Although I did wonder if it would have been noisy. That's the Disneyland hotel in the distance, and the covered entrance is to the convention center.

90546grand_californian_view_2-med.jpg

Love those headboards @ the Grand Californian--I just watched the Great Hotels on that one--looks like a very nice place.

Inside the AKL Deluxe Room ( I think it was 5595). That is Ma and Pa and you can see that Ma is terrified of cameras. It is worse with the camcorder.

f9049824.jpg

Nice pics WickedWench. The pics sort of put this resort a little more into perspective for me though. I had thought the surrounding grounds were more isolated----sort of like how the WL is ? The Grand Californian seems more out in the open---you can see the neighboring hotels ? I think I prefer the isolated/wilderness feel of the WL in WDW. But maybe the pics don't do it full justice ?
Thanks very much for posting because I really haven't seen many pics from the DL resorts.

MiaSRN62 said:
Nice pics WickedWench. The pics sort of put this resort a little more into perspective for me though. I had thought the surrounding grounds were more isolated----sort of like how the WL is ? The Grand Californian seems more out in the open---you can see the neighboring hotels ? I think I prefer the isolated/wilderness feel of the WL in WDW. But maybe the pics don't do it full justice ?
Thanks very much for posting because I really haven't seen many pics from the DL resorts.
Considering that DLR, including both theme parks, Downtown Disney, all three hotels, and various other properties encompasses fewer than 300 acres (as opposed to WDW's 47 sq miles), isolation, or even the sense of it, from any point on DLR property is pretty much outside the realm of possibility.

MiaSRN62 said:

Yeah, it's not isolated at all. It does have nice grounds that are a bit of a buffer, but nothing close to WDW. You can have views of either downtown disney or the california adventure park, which might give more of a disney feeling.

Considering that DLR, including both theme parks, Downtown Disney, all three hotels, and various other properties encompasses fewer than 300 acres (as opposed to WDW's 47 sq miles), isolation, or even the sense of it, from any point on DLR property is pretty much outside the realm of possibility.
I can totally understand this cynderella. I guess I thought DL was able to camaflouge the resort a little better with trees or something ? Disney can be really imaginative sometimes with working the "smoke and mirror" illusions. I knew DL was much smaller though but thanks for the exact difference in size. I guess there's only so much they can do.

Yeah, it's not isolated at all. It does have nice grounds that are a bit of a buffer
Thanks again Wickedwench. I did enjoy seeing the pics.

WickedWench said:
Here are the photos I took of our room at the Grand Californian. I wish I had taken more. It's a standard view room on the 4th floor, Room 4121.

Beds:
90546grand_californian_3-med.jpg

Chairs:
90546grand_californian_4-med.jpg

View from the room. The building is the Paradise Pier Hotel. You can also see the entrance to the hotel below.

90546grand_californian_view_1-med.jpg

Another view from the room. The monorail passes directly under the this room. Unfortunately, the monorail was out of service for our entire visit. Wouldn't it have been awesome to have it go underneath you? Although I did wonder if it would have been noisy. That's the Disneyland hotel in the distance, and the covered entrance is to the convention center.

90546grand_californian_view_2-med.jpg
The Grand californian is my favorite Disney hotel! Thanks so much for sharing these pictures. There are also rooms there that have the daybed, like the deluxes at WDW that can sleep 5. :teeth:

daannzzz...wtg!!

This morning it still is making me chuckle...hope you see the humour too!.

I can't post pics yet..but I'm all set to go with photobucket once I get the okey dokey from dis..(not sure when that happens?) I'll know where to go for advise now that you are an expert.

My DH and I are booked to stay at AKL in August...our second stay at AKL. We stayed on the Arusha (sp?) Savana last time and the room was plenty big!

This time Concierge, probably will get one of those tiny Deluxe Rooms. :rotfl:

Again thanks for the giggle...you made my evening. :thumbsup2

I'm still hoping for some pics of the Boardwalk 2-bedroom villa - I'm such a BWV junkie (can't get enough of that beautiful hotel and it's views!)

Does anyone have any to share? (I saw some pics on here from 2 sisters on one of the threads but now can't find it) Having withdrawals!!! :crazy:

P.S. Thank you EVERYONE for sharing your pics of the rooms on here!

I love seeing all these pictures! Really helps you get a better view of them, from the other pictures available on the web it seems.

I have to say that some look so much better to me. I also know now that I have NO interest at all in the Contemporary! SO not my taste!

I will dig up some of our room pictures as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter