Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying everyone is safe!! Hope you all get evacuated quickly and safely. This really does seem unacceptable this early in the service, hopefully they ground the system until a thorough investigation is completed.

My gondola is stuck about 100 yards before the Epcot station. One of my friends is feeling pretty sick - started as motion sickness when we were moving and hasn't gotten better in the more than hour and a half we've been stuck.

They announced that we could open the emergency kits, so we have water, ice packs, and barf bags if needed. We're over the Friendship Boat Canal, so I don't know how evacuation will work when they come to evacuate us if it comes to that.

We have a view of the Epcot Forever show starting right now, though, at least.
I’m so sorry...:(

I wonder how they will get anyone off with an ecv? Fortunate, to never have been in a situation such as this. Can a fire truck bucket even hold an ecv? Again, I hope and pray people get off safely!!
My mother showed me a picture and I have to see if I can find it online, but during initial testing of the skyliner they used a special type of lift to get people down. It looked big enough to hold an ECV

Sorry but spare me. I mean yes, perhaps to a point, testing only does so much. But there's no excuse for a brand new attraction to have as much down time as it's had this week, let alone a crash. There's a problem somewhere. They better suck it up and do the right thing and put these out of service until it's found.

We also don't know the cause of any of it other than well my sister's boyfriend's brother's friend heard at 31 flavors that x happened.

There was extensive testing but all the cm and family/friends testing were people on good behavior I'm sure. Now you've got a huge percentage of more people riding, a lot that don't know what to do/how to get on and I'm sure as we all know disney guests get unhappy that some are adding stress to the cms that while trained are still working a new system.

It's all unfortunate but until and if we find out actual reasons there's no reason to go to extremems like removing it etc.

And as @BaymaxFan78 said the other line is still running they aren't concerned about whatever it is to also happen on that one at this moment.

I’m interested to know what the issue is. These systems aren’t new and they are some of the safest in the world. Was this CM error? Was this a fault somewhere that wasn’t seen? What is the big issue here?

YES absolutely.

We have no clue yet what actually happened here. I would imagine this will be investigated thoroughly by Disney and the proper authorities.

Looks like there was an accident on the Skyliner (link below). Not much info yet but like people have been stuck for at least 90 minutes and have been told to open the emergency kits. Evacuation with cherry pickers in progress which a CM said would take up to 3 hours.

Hopefully no one is injured. I assume the system will be down for some time while they figure out what happened. Anyone think this will have any effect on Riviera sales, confirming some fears people had of the system?

Personally I’m shocked this happened in the first week of operation. These systems are used all over the world without issue- pretty big screw up. That said I know they’re very safe and I’ll happily ride it once it’s back up, doesn’t scare me.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/appa...crash-shuts-down-system-evacuations-underway/

Last edited:
Seriously? People are still being evacuated and you're worried about the impact to sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter