Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Coming in over Hourglass Lake is going to be really special and fun.
I agree! i think this is going to be one of the most beautiful portions of the ride! I'm most looking forward to this and also arriving in Epcot, seeing World Showcase off to the side!

There is a wheel of cable at the staging site for Pop as well.
Ooo, this is getting exciting!! We'll be there at the same time the boats are rumoured to be closed at Epcot. Will keep my eyes open for cables being run if they haven't already been done when we arrive.

Were you able to get a Christmas mug @rteetz if you were looking for one?

I agree! i think this is going to be one of the most beautiful portions of the ride! I'm most looking forward to this and also arriving in Epcot, seeing World Showcase off to the side!

Ooo, this is getting exciting!! We'll be there at the same time the boats are rumoured to be closed at Epcot. Will keep my eyes open for cables being run if they haven't already been done when we arrive.

Were you able to get a Christmas mug @rteetz if you were looking for one?

I literally had the same thought as I read his post!!

Online reviews of a completely different system is not the best way to go about what will happen with Disney’s system.

This. Think more of when you leave a park outside of closing time how many people are waiting at your resort's bus stop. If 8 of those where whisked away every 10-15 seconds how much line would there be? If the bus comes 20 minutes after you got to the stop can everyone in line get on the bus as the Skyliner can move a full bus load of people every 90 seconds?

Last edited:
Back on topic, I'm really hoping the gondolas open by next June. Fingers crossed...
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they were open by March. I might be optimistic, but it doesn't seem like there is much left before running the cables, then testing and training.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they were open by March. I might be optimistic, but it doesn't seem like there is much left before running the cables, then testing and training.
They can pretty much open them shortly after the cabling is finished, which does not take very long usually. The biggest factor after that will be construction nearby, so if it is show ready, and also the training that Disney wants to conduct. This is their first Gondola operating in 20 years, but not their only chairlift. So while the system may be ready for passengers, they may still hold back the opening for a little bit for other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter