Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Not everyone uses Uber either. I'm Canadian and do not use data on my iPhone in the US. I'll be needing a bus.
If data is your only concern there, you could always just use the free wifi that is everywhere in Disney. And just shut off data in the settings to make sure you don't use any if the wifi slips.

Not everyone uses Uber either. I'm Canadian and do not use data on my iPhone in the US. I'll be needing a bus.

I'm betting the chances of you leaving Epcot for the night and the Gondolas being shut down by lightening are pretty slim for your trip, I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

How do they currently handle Swophin in this situation? I'd imagine the Gondola would be the same, if they close it for lightning.

Something to keep in mind with lightning it strikes with a path to the ground. Most likely what they will do is have lightning rods on the towers so they will be struck rather than the gondolas or the cables.

Something to keep in mind with lightning it strikes with a path to the ground. Most likely what they will do is have lightning rods on the towers so they will be struck rather than the gondolas or the cables.
No doubt there will also be a separate wire above the actual load carrying lines. That wire is essentially a lightning rod as well. You see this on electric high tension transmission lines.

As a technical instructor, in my classroom a game occurs called "What If". The object of the game is to string together enough conditions that the end is "I Don't Know". Then the student tags the instructor as an imbecile, and gives low quality scores on the evaluation, and a poor quality score for the company overall. Sometimes the iteration count has to go to double digits. An small example is what if the equipment breaks, and what if support phone lines are down, and what if chat is down, and what if power is out at the support center, all at the same time? Then what happens? (A: global support, not one power, not one phone, not one Internet, support provided) In my experience, there are more than enough ifs for even a very smart person to provide an answer.

Until the Skyliner opens, we can string together "what if" statements to reach the conclusion that we desire, such as the Skyliner stinks and I will never ride it. Or we can remain open minded, that TWDC has figured out many answers to what ifs, and that they will provide an accommodation to move maximum guests from hotels to parks uninterrupted in a quality fashion which also provides for ADA compliance. Because they want to sell rooms and park tickets, in large quantities, to large numbers of people, endlessly.

As a technical instructor, in my classroom a game occurs called "What If". The object of the game is to string together enough conditions that the end is "I Don't Know". Then the student tags the instructor as an imbecile, and gives low quality scores on the evaluation, and a poor quality score for the company overall. Sometimes the iteration count has to go to double digits. An small example is what if the equipment breaks, and what if support phone lines are down, and what if chat is down, and what if power is out at the support center, all at the same time? Then what happens? (A: global support, not one power, not one phone, not one Internet, support provided) In my experience, there are more than enough ifs for even a very smart person to provide an answer.

Until the Skyliner opens, we can string together "what if" statements to reach the conclusion that we desire, such as the Skyliner stinks and I will never ride it. Or we can remain open minded, that TWDC has figured out many answers to what ifs, and that they will provide an accommodation to move maximum guests from hotels to parks uninterrupted in a quality fashion which also provides for ADA compliance. Because they want to sell rooms and park tickets, in large quantities, to large numbers of people, endlessly.
:thanks::cheer2:party:

But will they be air-conditioned??? :duck::duck:

I believe it is called Risk Assessment......always done when there is engineering in a product.
There are industry standards that are required to be followed in building etc. Need to show they have been followed to get inspection approval and any kind of license needed.
I am positive Disney is doing this for the Skyliner.:flower1:

Any updates on the progress of the last few towers or stations other than IG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter