itsikobert

Earning My Ears
So I actually just found out that Disney+ is coming out soon and it's basically a streaming service that will contain ALL the Disney movies including the ones that were in the vault- and the vault itself is gonna be a thing of the past. But then I remembered, doesn't Disney also have the Signature Collection line? Do you guys think that Disney will end the Signature line since all their movies are gonna be available for streaming on Disney+ anyway?

I was also hoping for a while now to get Aladdin on Blu-Ray. I know it returned to the vault only a few years ago, but I thought that maybe with the live-action movie coming out, Disney would perhaps re-release it. Same thing with Sleeping Beauty. I was wanting to collect that movie as well even though it disappeared to the vault also. But since it's 2019, this would mark its 60th anniversary. Maybe Disney will release it on home media again? What are your guys' thoughts on all of this?

:welcome:

I think they will continue to release Blu Ray's for a while, but eventually they will be a thing of the past. There are still people who wouldn't want to subscribe to a monthly service and only buy movies here and there. 4K discs will still be around for a while. Also, I don't think "everything" will be on D+ right away, though eventually it will be.

We still get the discs of our favorites for road trips for the car / blu ray player. I can see discs being a thing of the past with how the DVD / Blu Ray aisles have shrunk at Target / Best Buy / Walmart. But then again, a lot of things are now being released on 4k (and then they'll start re-releasing them on 8k / 16k / 32k and so on), so they may not ditch them completely but time on the shelf will be limited I'd think. And you never know what comes back around right? Records are very trendy right now, although comparing music sound quality on vinyl to movies on a blu ray disc isn't a fair comparison b/c not even close to apples to apples. I thought the same thing on the streaming service, but I'm sure Disney will analyze that and if they want blu ray sales to bounce back up for particular titles, they can institute the "Vault" policy for movies on Disney+. You know, after they get their subscriptions up first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter