• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Valet Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have thought of a time when spending a week in Paris is way cheaper than in most US cities? I recently came back from a trip to Paris and, unbelievably, prices for meals, clothes, cabs and hotels were way lower than what you'd pay in Walt Disney World. Of course, WDW has that "magic appeal"...a "perfect" little city with no crime, incredible parks, restaurants and resorts...but then again...Paris, Buenos Aires, Las Vegas, Cancun, (among many others)...offer incredible value alternatives for the whole family these days...and they also have incredible magic of their own.

I don't understand what Disney is thinking by charging such incredibly high rates for staying on property, only to start squeezing dimes out of their customers in the most unfashionable way.

Mr. Eisner: Don't give us the "it is a standard practice" speech. It is definitley an un-Disney answer. One of the main reasons why people go to WDW is because Disney goes beyond the usual standards in service, attention to detail, cleanliness, etc.

If it is an issue of controlling people abusing the system by parking in a resort with the excuse of a PS only to go somehwere else, let valet parking be free upon validation of a ticket after the alleged meal.

If it is a matter of CM not getting tipped, then charge a couple of bucks each way but give the money to the CM, and make it clear to everyone.

If it is a matter of increasing revenue. Become more competitive by cutting anual bonuses to the big honchos, maintaining the great service Disney is famous for instead of cutting back in it, improving transportation, thus appealing to a broader customer base who will spend their money at your resorts, parks and restaurants instead of finding alternatives. Yeah some people will say Disney does not need to becusue demand is so high...well.....I see demand decreasing and I foresee it will keep going down becasue of the US economic slowdown. Why wait until that happens? Keep Disney attractive to visitors.....otherwise...we still have Paris.

We'll always have Paris!

I've noticed the same thing. We're going to Provence and Paris this September, and I was shocked - in a good way - at how affordable France is right now. Our Paris trip is a lot cheaper than our last WDW trips.

But I think that it's mostly due to the strong dollar. A franc right now is only worth about 13 cents. Last year at this time it was worth 16.5 cents, so my dollar goes about 20% further than if I would have taken the same trip last year. You can't really blame Eisner for that. In fact, right now Paris is cheaper than Chicago.

I am not blaming Eisner for the strong dollar. I am just saying he should device ways to keep WDW attractive and competitive instead of squeezing the neck of the golden egg hen.

All I can say is....they just won't stop at anything will they!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

Could somebody remind me what the perks are at staying INSIDE DISNEY WORLD????? WHAT ARE THEY?????

As a person in charge of a Valet service, $6 is a pretty reasonable rate. We charge $5 at our hospital and we are middle of the road for about 20-30 other hospitals offerring the service.

Those guys work hard, and there is a pretty fair amount of liability involved with claims of fender benders, lost items, etc. I've learned alot about Valet in the last month as I've taken on this new responsibility.

I guess that is another reason I'm glad I'm a DVC member, and I'll remember to tip appropriately.

Click OK, Hit Enter (to get a blank line, it formats the quote better), and continue your response. Hope this helps you and anyone else who wanted to know how to do quotes.

It does help. Thanks for the tip.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I am more than in favor of giving the valet the $6. I just don't believe Disney deserves it. Do you really think they are turning over the extra charge to the valet?

The valet charge is not going to the valet any more than the cost of a drink is going to the bartender. (In the sense that the money used is income to the company that is used to pay his/her salary it goes to the valet.) The posted notice even mentions that tipping is still "appropriate".

I guess I wasn't surprised. Not that I like it, but the DL hotels have been charging for quite some time. In fact, we paid $6/day in January at the GC and when we returned in May it had gone to $10/day.

Ceejay maybe you'll know the answer as to how the charge is done. If you valet park your car on Monday and then don't retrieve it again until Thursday, are you charged $6 or $24?

there are always deals to go anywhere. You can get a good deal to goto WDW just as you can get one to goto Paris or New York or anywhere. I personally do not see the big deal about 6 bucks for valet service. I still feel WDW is an excellent value consider,

4 tickets to a Yankee Game = $140.00
2 beers =$12.00
4 hotdogs =$16.00
nachos =$5.75
baseball stuff =$40.00
PARKING(non-valet) =$8.00

(watching the Yankees win another World Series, priceless)

Joe in CT

The big deal is the direction Disney is headed in. If everyone keeps agreeing these unjustified charges are Ok, the bean counters will keep heaping them on. It is not the amount - it is the principle....Why not all vounteer to pay 20% more for park passes - after all it is not a big issue. Lets lay this topic to rest and hope the DVC is watching these boards and gets the message.

Since we have drifted far away from DVC with this topic, lets continue any further comment on one of several threads in progress on the Resorts Board.

Here is a link to the largest one of those threads:

<a href="http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57973&highlight=valet">Valet Parking DIScussion</a>

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter