• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney will post Alligator warning signs and fences

You've seen it...and there are other ways to watch.

Plus...the writing is on the wall on big, overhead fireworks displays...they are going to be toned down and eventually eliminated...little doubt

Yeah, I've seen it. I guess there's no reason to ever see it again. Or go back to WDW, in that case.

I don't see why you would say they're going away, considering the new Star Wars nighttime show.

FWC statement: "During the investigation, trappers humanely removed six alligators from the area. Round-the-clock monitoring and trapping efforts have not produced alligators of the size capable of the attack since June 16."

See, it can be done. This is about "want to". Now WDW just need to keep at it. Those six should NEVER have been permitted in that area in the first place.

FWC statement: "During the investigation, trappers humanely removed six alligators from the area. Round-the-clock monitoring and trapping efforts have not produced alligators of the size capable of the attack since June 16."

See, it can be done. This is about "want to". Now WDW just need to keep at it. Those six should NEVER have been permitted in that area in the first place.
Really?
So you think dozens of boats patrolling 24/7 is the answer? Are you ready to pay $300 a night for The All-Stars? Also, do you know what their current program is? Alligators move around all the time. The fact that there was only 6 in the entire lake system says that they are VERY aggressive in their efforts. I can go to a ditch and count 6 over 6' in about 100 yards. Come on man!

I'm with you. If someone had factual information, at the least they would have posted the correct info the first time and not needed to backtrack and edit their comments.

What a week.

Guess many just like to thrive on sensationalism, exaggeration and love to tell "stories" to create hysteria. Too bad facts have gotten lost in all this; it is a really bad game of telephone and then add in all the suggestions of what should happen ................ no words.

In 13 years here I have never seen anything like it.

No words, eh? That's seems like a diametrically opposed statement, given the many words that have been posted.

It seems as though any idea or expression that deviates from yours is immediately discredited.

As noted prior, I didn't "backtrack" and edit my comment. I altered the comment for you, since you misunderstood. To avoid future misunderstandings. :-)

You seem to be awfully opinionated, which is fine since we are all entitled to them.

It's not ok when you try and force your opinion onto others through putting someone else down, negative inferences, or calling their character into question.

Disney should put in a state of the art military sonar system in their lakes,lagoons and ponds. That way they will know if anything bigger than a largemouth bass has entered the area. :fish:

Cast members started to receive their official wildlife update today that they have to be signed off on in order to work.

Briefly explained the multiple types of wildlife on property and what to do if spotted. It did however state that guests should not be feeding any wildlife, including ducks.

Briefly explained the multiple types of wildlife on property and what to do if spotted.

I'm curious what the list is, do you happen to know it? i'm also curious what the wild turkey thing to do is? I always seem them in that patch of grass/trees where world drive splits after the ticket booth to park for mk.

6 alligators in water of that size is absolutely NOTHING. When you can get 40 or so sunning themselves along a canal bank and know there are more IN the canal that should put it in perspective and show that whatever Disney is doing IS working. it was a horrible convergence of events that had any one thing been different, might not have happened. Disney has now taken extra measures so that type of convergence shouldn't happen again.

The only way to be sure you will never encounter a gator in Florida is to not go to Florida.

I'm curious what the list is, do you happen to know it? i'm also curious what the wild turkey thing to do is? I always seem them in that patch of grass/trees where world drive splits after the ticket booth to park for mk.
I can't go into to much detail because the information was presented to me on a confidential document. :scared:
pretty much is said that any Animals posing a threat to guest and cast safety or are to close to comfort should be reported. Guests feeding any animal (including harmless ducks) need to be asked to stop, if guest refuses then report a leader. As far as the turkeys, ducks, bunnies, and birds they usually don't pose a threat so they should still be clear to roam as far as I understand. I gotta say tho, those turkeys sure do jump when the monorail horn blasts!

Guests feeding any animal (including harmless ducks) need to be asked to stop, if guest refuses then report a leader.

I disagree that the ducks are harmless. We had one approaching my 2 year old while we were trying to eat at Min and Bills. He definitely seemed like he hung around there and he was incredibly aggressive compared to other ducks we've encountered and I'm confident it's exactly because other people had been feeding him. He kept quacking at us and we had to move my daughter from her seat into her stroller, because we were legitimately afraid he was going to attack her for her lunch.

I disagree that the ducks are harmless. We had one approaching my 2 year old while we were trying to eat at Min and Bills. He definitely seemed like he hung around there and he was incredibly aggressive compared to other ducks we've encountered and I'm confident it's exactly because other people had been feeding him. He kept quacking at us and we had to move my daughter from her seat into her stroller, because we were legitimately afraid he was going to attack her for her lunch.
Duck stories quack me up.

pretty much is said that any Animals posing a threat to guest and cast safety or are to close to comfort should be reported. Guests feeding any animal (including harmless ducks) need to be asked to stop, if guest refuses then report a leader.

Even if the ducks themselves pose no direct threat to humans feeding them causes them to congregate, which in turn attracts the alligators.

Since I was the TiW Food and Wine preview I ubered to beachclub so I didnt need to worry about the libations offered.

This is what I found. I assume this is finished fences at the beach club.

20160626_114430.jpg

You can see the added a mesh to the fence that goes from sand to top. not sure I like this anymore..

They also added a guard rope on the edge of the beach, path side.

20160626_114528.jpg
20160626_114539.jpg

From what I could tell there was only 1 family making use the beach an they stayed far back towards the walkway where the chairs were put out.

I can't go into to much detail because the information was presented to me on a confidential document. :scared:
pretty much is said that any Animals posing a threat to guest and cast safety or are to close to comfort should be reported. Guests feeding any animal (including harmless ducks) need to be asked to stop, if guest refuses then report a leader. As far as the turkeys, ducks, bunnies, and birds they usually don't pose a threat so they should still be clear to roam as far as I understand. I gotta say tho, those turkeys sure do jump when the monorail horn blasts!

Guess that means all the birds that hang around Rose and Crown need to go too.

Since I was the TiW Food and Wine preview I ubered to beachclub so I didnt need to worry about the libations offered.

This is what I found. I assume this is finished fences at the beach club.

View attachment 177611

From what I could tell there was only 1 family making use the beach an they stayed far back towards the walkway where the chairs were put out.

I got very sickening feeling when this photo of my boys from 2009 showed up in Facebook... my caption was: "Watching" the movie at Beach Club.
bc.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter