• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the interesting insights everyone! And thank you for the info & the offer of future help Peg!

I'd like to lend some clarity on a few things. I didn't rehash all the details since they were covered in my original post but, the situation was that I ordered a rather expensive gift bag which was not delivered as scheduled. I spent four days chasing this business owner down before getting any information from her and when she did respond, her emails not only contradicted the facts as I found them out later from my family, but she also was contradicting herself from email to email and was extremely rude and dismissive.

During the days I was waiting for delivery, the business owner wasn't communicative and so I launched a PayPal dispute. The bag was eventually delivered, but it was many days late and so far into the trip that many of the items I paid for were pointless. She offered no apology or accommodation for that (I asked her to credit her delivery fee at a minimum - she refused stating that her work was "special" and no accommodation was due for the delay).

I've been in contact with PayPal, but did not cancel the dispute because I really feel she owes me a refund of the delivery fee as I could have had something shipped quicker than she delivered. I also made them aware that she sent an empty box to my home in attempt to provide them with false information meant to invalidate my dispute. I don't expect much to come of it, but I can't just ignore what she did either and perhaps me holding her feet to the fire will cause her to act more appropriately for the next person's sake.

Those of you who feel this is much ado about nothing or an unwarranted attack on this woman's business must have a much higher level of tolerance than the average person. She was quick to take my money several weeks in advance of the delivery date, but failed to meet her obligation to deliver as promised and so many of the items I paid for were wasted money. She didn't respond quickly nor did she react quickly to resolve the problem and she took a burn to me questioning the contradictions in her emails and pushing her to deliver and confirm she had done so. Then, she sent a fraudulent package to avoid having to address the facts of my dispute with PayPal. I'd be curious to know how those of you being critical would have reacted if you had $75 in someone's hands and they behaved this way.

I disagree. The "business" did not meet their obligation. The package arrived very late at end of the trip, the anonymous surprise was ruined, the poor response and communication, the snarky response, and then the mailing of an empty box as a means for PayPal all spell out the lady is a nutter and completely unprofessional. Te profit and service charge should be refunded. And terrible reviews are completely justified.

I totally agree. This is not just any old merchandise. It was a special gift that required delivery timing. Because it was not delivered on time, it negated the entire purpose of the gift. To me, this is no different than if someone ordered a birthday cake and it was not delivered until three days after the person's birthday. At that point, there would be no point in the delivery. You can get cake any day, but a birthday cake is special because it is on and about your birthday. This is no different. The gift was special because it was about the child's visit to WDW. The things included were for the trip. No point in the delivery even happening if it is delivered to late for the child to take advantage of the gift contents.

It is pretty obvious that this business is only about making money and does not care about the satisfaction of its clients. In the long run, the business will not last. Thanks to the Internet, people like this cannot hide their shady business practices for long (no matter how hard they try to erase all signs of dissatisfaction).

I have a feeling the business owners also read here. If I'm right about who they are they use to post here quite often a few years ago. Hopefully they will realize this is not the way to built and keep a business and will change the way they treat the customers.

I have a feeling the business owners also read here. If I'm right about who they are they use to post here quite often a few years ago. Hopefully they will realize this is not the way to built and keep a business and will change the way they treat the customers.

I was thinking the same thing!

Weren't they sisters who had a HUGE thread about moving to Florida to be near WDW, homeschooling, and using the same...ummmmm.....:blush:donor to father their children. I think their screen name had something "fairies" in it.

I disagree. The "business" did not meet their obligation. The package arrived very late at end of the trip, the anonymous surprise was ruined, the poor response and communication, the snarky response, and then the mailing of an empty box as a means for PayPal all spell out the lady is a nutter and completely unprofessional. Te profit and service charge should be refunded. And terrible reviews are completely justified.

The bottom line is it might be worth one thread here, but not two and it isn't worth all the drama.

The bottom line is it might be worth one thread here, but not two. It certainly isn't worth plastering it far and wide all over the place and being a big attention monger.

Well, your "attention monger" is my "consumer alert poster." I'm glad she posted this thread, as I had not read the previous one, and now I know a business to avoid patronizing.

Well, your "attention monger" is my "consumer alert poster." I'm glad she posted this thread, as I had not read the previous one, and now I know a business to avoid patronizing.

I completely agree. I am thankful for the OP's honest posting concerning the problems she has had with this company. Because of this thread, I know to avoid this particular company like the plague.

Weren't they sisters who had a HUGE thread about moving to Florida to be near WDW, homeschooling, and using the same...ummmmm.....:blush:donor to father their children. I think their screen name had something "fairies" in it.

Yes---I think they had the big thread about the move to Florida. I'm pretty sure it's them!! I'm would bet money she is reading this thread.

Found it! The username is 'Earthfaires'

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2025142&highlight=earthfairies

:thumbsup2 Thanks for catching the post before it was edited. ;)

OP, thanks for the heads up and I hope these people either get their act together or go out of business before they scam any other people.

That is terrible that there is such dishonest people out there taking advantage of people and possibly ruining their vacations. :sad2: Hope they are caught and put out of business.

:scared: :sick:

The bottom line is it might be worth one thread here, but not two and it isn't worth all the drama.

Are you kidding? The OP is doing every potential client of this shady and crooked business a favor by sharing her experience. If I were her and everything happened as she says it did (which I have no doubt it did) I would be shouting it from the rooftops to anyone willing to listen.

Are you kidding? The OP is doing every potential client of this shady and crooked business a favor by sharing her experience. If I were her and everything happened as she says it did (which I have no doubt it did) I would be shouting it from the rooftops to anyone willing to listen.

I have to wonder if the quoted poster is involved with that business.

I totally agree. The more people who see these posts, the less business these unscrupulous business owners will receive. Keep posting, OP!

A big problem I have with the business is that everything goes thru paypal, but she insists it be labeled as gifts and not as a service or exchange (thus not taking out a cut of her payment). I just wonder what paypal will do when you label this not as a business transaction.

I have used the BBB twice in my life and both times it was after exhausting other options. You need to go to the BBB and state your claim telling them you want a partial refund of the delivery fee because that was the part of the contract you entered was not fulfilled. The pins were added for free and the person did get the gift bag, so you can't dispute that.

While the delivery fee may, or may not, be much money, it's the point of the matter. She needs to know that she can't get away with this practice. Make sure you've kept your emails and receipts. It's good that you informed PayPal about the empty box/fraudulent move.

Good luck and thank you for the heads up.

A big problem I have with the business is that everything goes thru paypal, but she insists it be labeled as gifts and not as a service or exchange (thus not taking out a cut of her payment). I just wonder what paypal will do when you label this not as a business transaction.

Very interesting. OP, Are they collecting sales tax? If so, I wonder if Florida is seeing any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter