Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on Florida's site to see if could locate their business license. No license was found. I think they are trying to fly below the radar. Bad idea!

So if I understand what I saw on the website, and what I'm reading here:

the business does not have a license.

You're not contracting with "the business", you are making arrangements with an individual shopper.

They're including food items in the gift baskets in violation of Florida law.

It does not appear they're including Florida sales tax, unless that amount is being dealt with as part of the markup.

The amounts being forwarded through paypal are being labelled as "gifts" -- therefore, the 30% markup being charged isn't being labelled as "Income".

I know she charges the price of the item,tax and 30% fee along with shipping charges. I have been following them for a long time. I stated earlier that I started to question things when I would see questions like "did you get my things, I sent money a week ago and you haven't got back to me" and " do you use your AP discount on these things also" over and over and then they would be deleted. I also thought that you couldn't use Disney World in your business name???? I'm glad OP started these threads. I found the Dis while doing a google search about these ladies about 2 years ago when I was considering using them.un fortunately there wasn't a lot of information I could find. This seems like a common problem with this business and people should be aware.

I used them once and waited almost 3 weeks for a shipping notice and that was after I sent 4 messages and non were responded to.

I really dodged a bullet and a lot of aggravation when she said she couldn't get me what I was requesting.... WHEW!

She really needs to be stopped and put out of business.

A big problem I have with the business is that everything goes thru paypal, but she insists it be labeled as gifts and not as a service or exchange (thus not taking out a cut of her payment). I just wonder what paypal will do when you label this not as a business transaction.

This is so that buyers who have lost their money or are unhappy can't file a dispute with Paypal - disputes are only allowed if you send payment for goods/services. NEVER send a payment for goods as a gift. OP got lucky.

This is a terrible, shady business.

Yes---I think they had the big thread about the move to Florida. I'm pretty sure it's them!! I'm would bet money she is reading this thread.

Found it! The username is 'Earthfaires'

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2025142&highlight=earthfairies

Interesting!

The bottom line is it might be worth one thread here, but not two and it isn't worth all the drama.

I disagree.

I come here for ideas and recommendations all the time. Since I don't have time to read every thread, I often miss ones that I otherwise would have been interested in.

I, for one, am glad the OP posted about this several times, and I as so glad that I have been warned about "Disney World Personal Shopper". (mental note to NEVER use them!)

I know she charges the price of the item,tax and 30% fee along with shipping charges. I have been following them for a long time. I stated earlier that I started to question things when I would see questions like "did you get my things, I sent money a week ago and you haven't got back to me" and " do you use your AP discount on these things also" over and over and then they would be deleted. I also thought that you couldn't use Disney World in your business name???? I'm glad OP started these threads. I found the Dis while doing a google search about these ladies about 2 years ago when I was considering using them.un fortunately there wasn't a lot of information I could find. This seems like a common problem with this business and people should be aware.

Good point.

The Disney legal department is very careful about their brand and image.

They may be very interested in this so-called business and how they may be fraudulently mis-representing themselves as an "official" Disney World entity.

I don't use PayPal so I know NOTHING about the way it works. When people questioned why send it as a gift she replied that was sp their credit card didn't charge them (the customer) a fee. She was doing that to benefit the customer. So that's not true?

I don't use PayPal so I know NOTHING about the way it works. When people questioned why send it as a gift she replied that was sp their credit card didn't charge them (the customer) a fee. She was doing that to benefit the customer. So that's not true?

That's a lie. SHE is charged a fee when she receives a CC payment and she is trying to both evade that fee AND remove protection from the buyer.

the cost to the consumer is the same whether Paypal or a credit card is used. The merchant, however, may be charged a fee if a credit card is used.

Paypal's dispute resolution may be different from that used by a credit card company.

Yes---I think they had the big thread about the move to Florida. I'm pretty sure it's them!! I'm would bet money she is reading this thread.

Found it! The username is 'Earthfaires'

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2025142&highlight=earthfairies

Thank you! This is a very interesting and informative thread. Her profile does say she is "Disney World Personal Shopper" and her last activity was 1/25/14, so she probably is reading this thread.

I hope this is an eye opener and she makes some modifications to her business before she loses it.

Disney World Personal Shopper & mom to 3 beautiful children. I live Disney!
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 01-25-2014 10:02 AM

It's funny. I guess I've been living under a rock. Since joining this thread, I've come across a couple of other threads that mentioned similar businesses that have sprung up in the area. I had no idea that so many people had decided to go this route. I really haven't kept up on things since I decided to close my business. What really surprised me is that all of these businesses are conducting business in a manner that violates Florida regulations. Silly me! If I had violated the regulations, my business would have been much easier and more profitable, but that's just not me. I have to wonder if it is because they are just ignorant of the law or, if they just don't care.

Now, I have no idea how the other businesses conduct themselves. They may be much better at following through for their customers. I certainly hope so. I just am so surprised that Florida hasn't followed up on this. Probably too small for them to worry about. But then, I'm a rule follower. I still have an active business license and I still send in my Sales and Use Tax certificate each month even though I'm not selling anything. I'm a little OCD! lol!

Today I seen on a FB group I'm in that the personal disney shoppers had a 12 days of Christmas giveaway. They had a lot of disney FB sponsors for this contest. Things like a vera Bradley and some other really good prizes. At least 2 people are letting people know that they never received the prize they won. They have emailed the personal disney shoppers and are ignored or given excuses. Both winners have decided to contact the other sponsors of this giveaway to let them know how they were scammed. These women should not be in business!

Her name is Elizabeth Donoho and the website is LivingDisney.co. I have never used her and won't now but follow her on Social Media.

Ya they run living disney, disney shopping, a disney pin FB site and an disney outlet FB. There may be more that I don't know of.

Well, your "attention monger" is my "consumer alert poster." I'm glad she posted this thread, as I had not read the previous one, and now I know a business to avoid patronizing.

:thumbsup2 I am 100% grateful that Mart DM posted about these people . We'll be in Disney World over Easter and I want to order baskets for the kids. I would have been so upset to order baskets and not have them delivered.

OP, I would do what FeralPeg suggested and contact the Florida Department of Agriculture t let them know they're delivering food and not charging sales tax. You might save others who do not read here money and heartache.

I will never use her again or recommend her to anyone. She is a horrible business person. I had problems with her last summer. She would not respond to emails, text, phone calls or facebook posts (which she would delete) I had ordered quite a few things and some were to be used at an event. Which she knew and I ordered in plenty of time to receive my items. There were several different items that had been ordered and paid for at different times. All of which she directed need to be paid through paypal as a gift. After months for trying to get this stuff from her and getting the run around I went to file a paypal claim. Some of the items I could not file claims on because the payments were over 45 days old. That should tell you something about how long I was waiting for my stuff. In all it took 2 months to get some of my stuff. Paypal did tell me that she should not be having people "gift" her the money because typically there is no recourse. Only after I opened my paypal complaints and sent an email threatening legal action did I hear anything from her. She was condescending, rude and had the audacity to ask for more money for shipping. I refused to give her anymore money and had to remind her to the multiple times she had the opportunity to respond to me but did not and the multiple payments already made to her for various items, fees, and....SHIPPING.

Needless to say I did not get my stuff in time for my event. She will get what she deserves in the long run. People like her do not need to be running a business.

Good point.

The Disney legal department is very careful about their brand and image.

They may be very interested in this so-called business and how they may be fraudulently mis-representing themselves as an "official" Disney World entity.

Yes, they could get in big trouble for this.

I am a TA and we have to be VERY careful how we represent ourselves in advertising, on social media, etc with the Disney name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter