• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a "request money" tab on paypal that only asks for an e-mail address and the total amount owed. If that's how the request was sent the only place you'd see any more info is if it was included in the "notes" section.

Even with a formal invoice there might not be a breakdown of costs, because while the functionality to have line items for description, tax, shipping, etc is there, the person sending the invoice doesn't have to use it. They can just list the item and a total price and ignore everything else.

I have a feeling many personal shoppers out there, and it seems like new ones are popping up every day, aren't licensed businesses at all.

I'm not sure why I'm becoming a little obsessed over this shopping situation but I do "like" the shoppers page on FB and noticed that they are selling park maps now $2.00 for 1 of each park and $20 for 200 maps, 50 of each park. Is Disney okay with this???? I just don't get it.

I'm not sure why I'm becoming a little obsessed over this shopping situation but I do "like" the shoppers page on FB and noticed that they are selling park maps now $2.00 for 1 of each park and $20 for 200 maps, 50 of each park. Is Disney okay with this???? I just don't get it.

That is crazy. I bet they wouldn't be OK with it. Don't you think Disney would say something if they say someone grab like 100-200 maps at a time?

I also shake my head when I see people on eBay selling the free luggage tags that Disney Cruise Line gives you, or the ones you get with a package booking at Disney. Unreal. :upsidedow

I guess I'm missing something...why would someone want park maps in that large of a quantity? The only thing I could possibly think of is for some type of craft, but even then, I can't imagine needing that many.

Park maps are pretty ubiquitous~ at park entrances, in shops, kiosks, Downtown Disney locations, resorts as well. It probably wouldn't be hard to collect small bunches as you go...

I always grab a few extra park maps to pass on to friends who I know are going to Disney down the road. I just think it's taking advantage to sell them someone. Pass them along as pixie dust! pixiedust:

They also sell the free buttons you get at WDW, like the happy b-day, anniversary, etc.

I guess I'm missing something...why would someone want park maps in that large of a quantity? The only thing I could possibly think of is for some type of craft, but even then, I can't imagine needing that many.

Park maps are pretty ubiquitous~ at park entrances, in shops, kiosks, Downtown Disney locations, resorts as well. It probably wouldn't be hard to collect small bunches as you go...

I always grab a few extra park maps to pass on to friends who I know are going to Disney down the road. I just think it's taking advantage to sell them someone. Pass them along as pixie dust! pixiedust:

Travel agents often like to supply park maps to their clients, however, I doubt that they realize what these women are up to.

Wait....are those the pins they sell on their FB page?

Not sure, but another forum matched a known fake pin seller on ebay to her, because of a picture she used. The seller is mentioned on here quite often about seller scrappers

Swell...I probably paid a premium for scrapper pins too! Sigh.

Just wanted to pop in with a quick update. PayPal said that the late delivery/diminished value of the items caused by the delay are not covered under their buyer protection program. They can only provide protection for missing or damaged items. Seems that these woman have also learned to operate between the technical cracks with PayPal as well.

Anyway, I was waiting to see what PayPal was able to do or not do and have now filed a dispute for a partial refund with my credit card company. I normally wouldn't spend this much time pursuing resolution on something like this -- obviously I didn't do my homework or I could have avoided the whole problem with these women (buyer beware and all that...I need to own my bad choice) -- but, the more I read about them and their seeming continual practice of skirting the rules and not doing well by their customers, I feel obligated to see this through for whatever sort of deterrent it might be for them to continue this practice.

I am happy this post and the one's I placed elsewhere have gotten a fair amount of attention and that all the problems others have had have come to light as well. Not only did it make me feel a bit better that I wasn't out of line being upset with how they handled things, but hopefully everyone who read these threads will be warned to avoid Disney World Personal Shopper.

OP, Don't beat yourself up over this. Most people don't do extensive research before using a service. We all assume that the owners are honest...most are.

Please continue to post updates. I'd really like to know how this plays out. And, the more this thread gets bumped up, the more likely people will continue to learn what scam artists these women are.

Swell...I probably paid a premium for scrapper pins too! Sigh.

Just wanted to pop in with a quick update. PayPal said that the late delivery/diminished value of the items caused by the delay are not covered under their buyer protection program. They can only provide protection for missing or damaged items. Seems that these woman have also learned to operate between the technical cracks with PayPal as well.

Anyway, I was waiting to see what PayPal was able to do or not do and have now filed a dispute for a partial refund with my credit card company. I normally wouldn't spend this much time pursuing resolution on something like this -- obviously I didn't do my homework or I could have avoided the whole problem with these women (buyer beware and all that...I need to own my bad choice) -- but, the more I read about them and their seeming continual practice of skirting the rules and not doing well by their customers, I feel obligated to see this through for whatever sort of deterrent it might be for them to continue this practice.

I am happy this post and the one's I placed elsewhere have gotten a fair amount of attention and that all the problems others have had have come to light as well. Not only did it make me feel a bit better that I wasn't out of line being upset with how they handled things, but hopefully everyone who read these threads will be warned to avoid Disney World Personal Shopper.

Yes, please keep posting updates, even if it just to keep the thread recent so people can find your experience easily.

I also hope you file complaints with the Florida powers to be. Mailing that empty box is deliberate fraud. Way beyond bad service. These women need to have their hand slapped and be stopped.

I am sorry you had such a horrid experience. That is awful. Just from the facebook and the many "positive" comments (appears they delete the negatives), I probably would have used them too.

I will let you know that I have used Kelly's Personal Delivery service in the past. She is a true gem! She couldn't find an item I wanted in the parks (a plain old halloween bag) so she got us the really nice plastic light up Mickey pumpkins - a major upgrade! She was kind enough not to charge us the extra since she had to do it on the fly. Pixie dust. She made sure she found all sorts of things I asked for and needed for our trip to WDW and special foods in the grocery store for my daughter with peanut allergies. She also rents small appliances like fans. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with and she only takes so many clients at a time / drop, and she only takes what she can handle. I actually contacted her to see if she could try to get me a pair of the NB marathon shoes since I can't be there this year, and she was straight up honest and told me that she had major concerns about the selling process, and she wasn't going to be taking any orders. She felt that she couldn't promise anyone a size, shoe style, or anything else due to the way the process was being handled. She wasn't going to let ANYONE down.

She is so professional! We love her and will use her for our next trip. She is a great resource and makes everything so easy! I was a little leary of going with a personal shopper, but she is great. Maybe you can use her in the future.

Thanks for the kind words of support & recommendations everyone. I will definitely keep you all updated as anything develops on this.

:goodvibes

Gift bags for Disney theme weddings

This woman is taking money through paypal and email and when you pay her it's listed as a gift. She is scamming big time. Paying no taxes and no business license. She only sometimes sends your item and sometimes she does not. You can always contact me I will give you more information if she has scammed you. I will be also contacting disney. I have one of the executives numbers and I will be discussing with him what can be done to stop this on disney level. She is using their name and saying she is not affiliated but it still tarnishes their name when someone is scamming people. I would have not recieved my item if the police didn't get involved. She is taking amounts as large as 687. from one person and it's been since november and it's now feb. and she still has no items. Another person is waiting since begining of feb.

How is this person able to use Disney's name with out them coming after her for blood?

Years ago I lived in a town half way across the country from Disney and a little corner bar had a picture of a Disney character on their door cause it matched the name of the bar and Disney came after them with guns blasting and made this little rinky dink bar take it down. So why haven't they gone after her? Because to the casual shopper it sure seems connected to the actual Disney.

I am grateful for this thread. I actually follow her FB page. Luckily I ended up having friends down in the world get me stuff I wanted, but I have her bookmarked in case I ever have the urge to surprise the kids with a little pixie dust. You saved another potential customer some headache. I would report her for violation by packaging food per Florida law. What a nut.

Her paypal claim reply was priceless. Cleary mentaly unstable and sarcastic with a reply that I am suspicious because I bugged her to get my item and people are out to get her. Yes, I ordered from her just to get HER TO SCAM ME out of my money. I hope this saves others from going through what I and bianca and amber have all gone through. I hope that bianca gets her money and amber gets her bag. I cannot wait to see her shut down.

I am sorry you had such a horrid experience. That is awful. Just from the facebook and the many "positive" comments (appears they delete the negatives), I probably would have used them too.

I will let you know that I have used Kelly's Personal Delivery service in the past. She is a true gem! She couldn't find an item I wanted in the parks (a plain old halloween bag) so she got us the really nice plastic light up Mickey pumpkins - a major upgrade! She was kind enough not to charge us the extra since she had to do it on the fly. Pixie dust. She made sure she found all sorts of things I asked for and needed for our trip to WDW and special foods in the grocery store for my daughter with peanut allergies. She also rents small appliances like fans. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with and she only takes so many clients at a time / drop, and she only takes what she can handle. I actually contacted her to see if she could try to get me a pair of the NB marathon shoes since I can't be there this year, and she was straight up honest and told me that she had major concerns about the selling process, and she wasn't going to be taking any orders. She felt that she couldn't promise anyone a size, shoe style, or anything else due to the way the process was being handled. She wasn't going to let ANYONE down.

She is so professional! We love her and will use her for our next trip. She is a great resource and makes everything so easy! I was a little leary of going with a personal shopper, but she is great. Maybe you can use her in the future.

Have you looked for the sneakers on Ebay?
I was able to get a pair that weren't to overly priced in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter