• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad this post I started got the word out about Disney World Personal Shopper being an unethical business. Clearly, based on the overwhelming negative experiences everyone is reporting, my experience was not an isolated incident.

Recently, they put out a post introducing their 8...count 'em...8 shoppers. Her excuse for not delivering my bag was illness, which I can only assume to be dishonest because she had her sister and these other 8 individuals who could have taken care of it. She had my money and simply couldn't be bothered to fulfill her end of the transaction as agreed. Grrr!

I finally did get my bag. I had to get the police invovled to get it. One of the others girls is still waiting for her money but she now has the police involved. No one should need to do this. Stay away from disney world personal shoppers They are scamming and stealing people money. She will send you an invoice that says gift. That is one way she is doing it. Paypal is investigating her. I have contacted many local authories and federal to shut her down. You will see an auction of her personal goods to pay her back taxes. So many can prove they were not gifts they were for merchandise she is not delivering. I see jail time in her future. :cool1:

I finally did get my bag. I had to get the police invovled to get it. One of the others girls is still waiting for her money but she now has the police involved. No one should need to do this. Stay away from disney world personal shoppers They are scamming and stealing people money. She will send you an invoice that says gift. That is one way she is doing it. Paypal is investigating her. I have contacted many local authories and federal to shut her down. You will see an auction of her personal goods to pay her back taxes. So many can prove they were not gifts they were for merchandise she is not delivering. I see jail time in her future. :cool1:

Have you contacted Disney about her using their name? I still can't believe they haven't gone after her yet, since they go after so many people for using their name or images.

So glad I found this post. Almost bought something quite expensive from them this morning!!!

Wow! I have heard stories of her non-delivery & lack of communication as well as the scam she pulled with her "raffle/sweepstakes" getting various TAs to sponsor prizes then she didn't deliver to the winners or provide promised RIO for the sponsors. It is absolutely amazing that she continues to rob people.

OP, keep on her! She needs to be stopped! If ALL the other people who got ripped off would have the same tenacity as you, she would be shut down for sure.

Good luck!

Seems to me that the quickest easiest way to get her shut down is to report it to Disney's legal department.

Give them all the info you have posted here, plus the FB page info, plus her DIS name so they can research.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about-disney/leadership/corporate-management-team/alan-braverman

For the Disney Legal Department, call (407) 828-1750.
This info is from this link:http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Contacts.html

I mentioned earlier that I can't believe Disney hasn't been after her for using their name in her company's name. Really odd to me since they usually go right after someone for using anything Disney in anything!! And reading her name you would think it was Disney sanctioned.

I can't help wondering how they get away with so many things. They are getting "sponsored" to go into ticketed events to purchase things. So people are paying for them to go eat brunch and buy items like the new vera bags. They have changed the rules a few times but they are now charging partial entrance fees to people so they can go in and buy a bunch of the Vera's. I just can't believe this is okay.

I wish I knew if the people who won the 12 days of Christmas giveaway ever got their stuff???

Disney's legal department has been made aware of the situation. I imagine they have a lot of cases they investigate. These things take time. I believe the state has also been made aware. I believe they will be shut down, eventually. If there is any justice, they will be fined as well.

Sorry I haven't kept up on this over the past several weeks...life has been very busy!

First, I'd like to say how glad I am to see the posts from people who reconsidered buying from Disney World Personal Shopper after all the poor experiences that have been shared. That is the great thing about our DIS family - we can learn & help each other based on our experiences. Our power to share info (both good & bad) is what makes this board great!

Second, an update on my dispute. I requested a partial refund of $30 to cover the cost of delivery and the pins because the delivery was made three days late and so the pins were useless for trading (the cost of the bag was far more than twice that so the remainder would more than cover her out of pocket expenses for the contents - I thought that was fair given that the bag was eventually delivered). I heard back from my credit card company today - they investigated and granted me the refund.

I did contact WDW via email a month or so ago. The consumer affairs rep who contacted me had already reviewed Disney Personal Shopper's site to verify the info I provided about the name use, selling of free resort items such as pins & necklaces, and more. She was very concerned about my experience and took many details about that and also the other details everyone has shared here and on the Facebook groups I belong to. She stated she'd be forwarding that info and her findings to the WDW legal department for follow up and commented that they'd be very interested in it. She asked permission to include my contact info to them and I agreed.

In the meantime, I continue to spread the warnings about this company and it's owner at every opportunity. Everywhere I do, I get plenty of responses indicating that they are known to be unsavory and also many indicate they were grateful for the info, so ultimately I guess we're saving some from her harm and, with time, hopefully she will cook her own goose and not be a worry for anyone any longer.

If I hear anything further, I'll certainly update here. Thank you all once again for the support and for appreciating me efforts to get the word out.

Glad to hear Disney of following up with this! I feel like something may be going on because I seen a post on their FB the other day specifically saying Amy and Elizabeth do not do the shopping. They only take pics of merchandise in the parks. Someone else does the shopping for people. Just seemed weird!

Sorry I haven't kept up on this over the past several weeks...life has been very busy!

First, I'd like to say how glad I am to see the posts from people who reconsidered buying from Disney World Personal Shopper after all the poor experiences that have been shared. That is the great thing about our DIS family - we can learn & help each other based on our experiences. Our power to share info (both good & bad) is what makes this board great!

Second, an update on my dispute. I requested a partial refund of $30 to cover the cost of delivery and the pins because the delivery was made three days late and so the pins were useless for trading (the cost of the bag was far more than twice that so the remainder would more than cover her out of pocket expenses for the contents - I thought that was fair given that the bag was eventually delivered). I heard back from my credit card company today - they investigated and granted me the refund.

I did contact WDW via email a month or so ago. The consumer affairs rep who contacted me had already reviewed Disney Personal Shopper's site to verify the info I provided about the name use, selling of free resort items such as pins & necklaces, and more. She was very concerned about my experience and took many details about that and also the other details everyone has shared here and on the Facebook groups I belong to. She stated she'd be forwarding that info and her findings to the WDW legal department for follow up and commented that they'd be very interested in it. She asked permission to include my contact info to them and I agreed.

In the meantime, I continue to spread the warnings about this company and it's owner at every opportunity. Everywhere I do, I get plenty of responses indicating that they are known to be unsavory and also many indicate they were grateful for the info, so ultimately I guess we're saving some from her harm and, with time, hopefully she will cook her own goose and not be a worry for anyone any longer.

If I hear anything further, I'll certainly update here. Thank you all once again for the support and for appreciating me efforts to get the word out.

Good work! :thumbsup2 Hopefully they'll be shut down soon.

I really don't know how some people can sleep at night, knowing they're defrauding people.

Glad to hear Disney of following up with this! I feel like something may be going on because I seen a post on their FB the other day specifically saying Amy and Elizabeth do not do the shopping. They only take pics of merchandise in the parks. Someone else does the shopping for people. Just seemed weird!

I have a feeling you are dead on to be suspicious about this factoid being broadcast.

You know, I saw that post about others doing their shopping too and was wondering if having that layer of staff between them and the purchases was some sort of work around to protect themselves from any legal issues.

If so, I certainly feel bad for those individuals who are working for them - they will most certainly be thrown under the bus if the State of Florida or Disney comes knocking on Amy's door.

You know, I saw that post about others doing their shopping too and was wondering if having that layer of staff between them and the purchases was some sort of work around to protect themselves from any legal issues.

If so, I certainly feel bad for those individuals who are working for them - they will most certainly be thrown under the bus if the State of Florida or Disney comes knocking on Amy's door.

I thought it was odd that they even mentioned that the "shopper" gets 20% like other shoppers who do the same thing and they get 10% of the 30% paid. It just felt like the post had a purpose????

They might think that is protecting themselves, but I'm pretty sure they lack any legal sophistication and if Disney Legal decides to come after them, it's not going to matter one iota what they think they have done to protect themselves. These two "business people," and I use that term loosely, seem to be little better than con artists with pretty pictures and any claim of a firewall between them and their shoppers is not likely to survive scrutiny. If I were them, I'd fear Disney Legal much more than the State of Florida (although they should fear the State Revenue Department if they are not remitting their taxes).

There was another post on Facebook today which was pretty much over explaining that Amy & her sister don't shop and then went into a big explanation about how their shoppers get 20% of their markup and they get 10%.

So odd...they are clearly trying to paint a picture for some purpose but it' s so much overkill it comes across as completely bizarre.

There was another post on Facebook today which was pretty much over explaining that Amy & her sister don't shop and then went into a big explanation about how their shoppers get 20% of their markup and they get 10%.

So odd...they are clearly trying to paint a picture for some purpose but it' s so much overkill it comes across as completely bizarre.

They are the owners of the business. The state and Disney won't care how much the pay their staff, nor who does what. The owners are responsible for all that concerns the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter