Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartDM

DIS Veteran
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may or may not have seen my post about my experience with Disney World Personal Shopper a few weeks ago. In short, I ordered a gift bag to be sent to someone at OKW during their stay and it was not delivered as scheduled, I had a hard time getting the proprietor to communicate with me, and when she did her messages were self-contradictory and inaccurate. Well, there has been a new and even more concerning development in their antics.

During the several days in which my bag wasn't delivered and she wasn't communicating, I launched a PayPal dispute. Today, the postal service delivered a box from her...it was completely empty. In my email I had a message from PayPal noting that she had provided the tracking number on the empty box sent to my home here in NY as proof of delivery of the gift bag to OKW.

There were many responses to my first post sharing even more info about this unethical business but, in case anyone was still giving them the benefit of the doubt, I think this proves that these women have poor character and do not care for their customers.

What a weasel! For your own sake, please avoid them & pass the word to others!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may or may not have seen my post about my experience with Disney World Personal Shopper a few weeks ago. In short, I ordered a gift bag to be sent to someone at OKW during their stay and it was not delivered as scheduled, I had a hard time getting the proprietor to communicate with me, and when she did her messages were self-contradictory and inaccurate. Well, there has been a new and even more concerning development in their antics.

During the several days in which my bag wasn't delivered and she wasn't communicating, I launched a PayPal dispute. Today, the postal service delivered a box from her...it was completely empty. In my email I had a message from PayPal noting that she had provided the tracking number on the empty box sent to my home here in NY as proof of delivery of the gift bag to OKW.

There were many responses to my first post sharing even more info about this unethical business but, in case anyone was still giving them the benefit of the doubt, I think this proves that these women have poor character and do not care for their customers.

What a weasel! For your own sake, please avoid them & pass the word to others!

WOW! They're totally scammers! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Unbelievable!!!! So you are just out, right? Is there anything that you can do?

I would file a police report. That's fraud. That box has a weight listed on it and if it's no more than the weight of the box, it's proof she mailed an empty box. What a horrible person. What is the name of their business?

I hope paypal refunds your money. How frustrating.

I would file a police report. That's fraud. That box has a weight listed on it and if it's no more than the weight of the box, it's proof she mailed an empty box. What a horrible person. What is the name of their business?

And the Better Business Bureau.

What a fruitcake! :rolleyes2

If I remember your first post, she did deliver the gift bag eventually. It arrived at the end of the trip, so that the trading pins weren't useful, and after you had to spoil the surprise for the recipient.

I am not sure why she mailed an empty box to you as "proof" she delivered the gift bag to the recipient.

I don't think her conduct constitutes fraud. I would, however, continue to pursue a refund through Paypal, and I would make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and/or leave negative feedback on Yelp or similar sites.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I realize that she deletes any non-complimentary posts on her FB page. Is there a way to leave feedback through Paypal? That is just wrong. In the end, the word will get out and she will be out of business. Sadly, more will suffer due to her lack of morals before that happens.

MartDM, Although I'm not in business anymore, if you ever need something, contact me. I'd be happy to do something for you as a favor to a nice person who was a pleasure to work with in the past.

What odd behavior! I would leave reviews everywhere! Google, yelp & yahoo. I'd also file a dispute with PayPal, like you have done, and report to the bbb.

Post on other Disney planning boards too. Not sure if I can put their names here but there are quite a few.

This. And since it involves the mail, isn't that a federal offence in your country?

Where did you hear about this person in the first place?

If I remember your first post, she did deliver the gift bag eventually. It arrived at the end of the trip, so that the trading pins weren't useful, and after you had to spoil the surprise for the recipient.

I am not sure why she mailed an empty box to you as "proof" she delivered the gift bag to the recipient.

I don't think her conduct constitutes fraud. I would, however, continue to pursue a refund through Paypal, and I would make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and/or leave negative feedback on Yelp or similar sites.

Yes exactly, the pkg arrived at the end of the trip. Late, but it did arrive. I remember the other post.

OP, Thats a different issue then. Youre making it seem as thou the pkg didnt arrive at all.

Yes, disgusting business practice, but not a matter for the police or the fraud division of the USPS.

I would have expected her to offer something -- maybe not a full refund, since she did buy and deliver the merchandise. But at minimum she should have refunded the amount that represents her profit on the deal. Since she didn't offer anything I would pursue a full refund with Paypal. I'd also be inclined to accept a compromise, a partial refund, to close the matter.

So the only thing the business did genuinely wrong was deliver the gift bag late. Hardly worth two threads bashing the business.

Yes exactly, the pkg arrived at the end of the trip. Late, but it did arrive. I remember the other post.
OP, Thats a different issue then. Youre making it seem as thou the pkg didnt arrive at all.
When I read the op, I thought the package hadn't been delivered. I was going to post go get em. But now that I know the only problem is the package came late, uh much ado about not much.

If I recall there were issues regarding lack of communication from the business despite repeated attempts from the OP to contact her. I'm sure word will spread of her lack of customer service and poor business practices.

Seems to me the merchant was overwhelmed with other orders she deemed more important than the OP's order, gave the OP very poor customer service. And did nothing to appease the OP.

I would not have been happy either.

So the only thing the business did genuinely wrong was deliver the gift bag late. Hardly worth two threads bashing the business.

When I read the op, I thought the package hadn't been delivered. I was going to post go get em. But now that I know the only problem is the package came late, uh much ado about not much.

I disagree. The "business" did not meet their obligation. The package arrived very late at end of the trip, the anonymous surprise was ruined, the poor response and communication, the snarky response, and then the mailing of an empty box as a means for PayPal all spell out the lady is a nutter and completely unprofessional. Te profit and service charge should be refunded. And terrible reviews are completely justified.

The reason she shipped you an empty box (which, incidentally, IS mail fraud) is so that she can win the Paypal dispute, which you likely opened as Item Not Received (INR).

What you want to do now is call Paypal and change the type of dispute to SNAD (Significantly Not As Described). Provide any documentation you have that shows a) promise of delivery on a specific date and b) promise of delivery to a different address.

You are also, once the dispute is settled, still entitled to file a chargeback with your CC company, if it isn't settled in your favor and if you paid with one. Paypal tries to encourage users to pay with PP balances & bank accounts, and that's why - if the CC company decides in your favor, they are out the money (if they can't recover it from the seller). ALWAYS pay with a CC on Paypal for that reason.

Also, do file a report with the USPS.

OP, Normally, I would not do this, but this woman doesn't seem to have any qualms doing bad things to her clients, so I say why not?

I took a few minutes to look at her website. Until your posts, I wasn't aware this business existed. It only took a minute of looking around to see that she is doing something against the law in Florida. Unless she is working somewhere other than a private residence (which I highly doubt), she is not allowed to put any type of food product in a gift basket. I assume that she is working from her home, because it is just too expensive to operate this type of business and rent a location.

Under Florida law, gift baskets constructed from a private residence cannot include so much as a stick of gum. It doesn't matter if it is prepackaged or not. She may not even know about this law. I only found out about it because I joined various gift basket forums. Once I heard about it, I researched it and contacted the Florida Department of Agriculture. I was told this was totally prohibited. A business caught doing this can be fined up to $10k and shut down.

I stopped using food products in my baskets and I let Betsy know about the law as well. I thought it was the right thing to do. She also stopped including food products. This company is using food products in their gift baskets. Even if they don't get shut down, it could make the way they do business more difficult.

Since this business doesn't care what it does to its patrons, OP, you should send an email to the Florida Dept of Agriculture and alert them to what they are doing. Whether or not Florida will investigate, I can't say, but it would serve them right. Karma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter