Disney Youth Education Programs

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
Hi all. I am a scout leader, and I have heard that Disneyland and DCA do some really neat programs for scouts. But I am trying to get experience from anyone who has done it. Do they allow you to stay at the park after the program for the cost of the event ticket, or do you need to purchase separate admission?? That would be the difference for some being able to go. Thanks!

We have not done it yet but are in the process of purchasing our tickets now for the classes that we are taking in August. We are taking 2 classes so the cost of the class is included with the 3 day park hopper. We have some families in our troop opting to buy 4 and 5 day passes as well. Basically what I understand, it's just like a normal Park Hopper pass but we are just taking 3 hours out of our day for 2 days for our Scouts to take the classes. :)

Hi!

Yes, the cost of admission usually includes admission to one park. You would have to pay to upgrade to a park hopper if you wanted that at the time of signing up for the class, if the program coordinator made that available. We choose to keep the kids in one park, however. The leadership classes, for example, are great for students and last 3-4 hours and the kids are free to be in the park the rest of the day, and even before if the class starts later in the day. Those classes are about 15 per class with one chaperone with students from the same organization, at least in my experience. We do this with our leadership students from our school every year and it is an amazing experience!

Hi!

Yes, the cost of admission usually includes admission to one park. You would have to pay to upgrade to a park hopper if you wanted that at the time of signing up for the class, if the program coordinator made that available. We choose to keep the kids in one park, however. The leadership classes, for example, are great for students and last 3-4 hours and the kids are free to be in the park the rest of the day, and even before if the class starts later in the day. Those classes are about 15 per class with one chaperone with students from the same organization, at least in my experience. We do this with our leadership students from our school every year and it is an amazing experience!

Okay that's what I was wondering. Because some of our parents would freak out at 150, but if we can stay in the park at the cost of program we may be able to pay for that with troop funds!

I am looking at this too for a school. Any recommendations for which session to do for 8th graders?

Sorry, just saw this reply. We have done the teamwork and leadership classes with our students. They are interesting and fun, but some kids can’t wait for it to be over and go have fun on their own, especially the last hour. They do teambuilding exercises around Disneyland with hula hoops, Holding hands, obstacle courses, pictures of Disneyland and Disney traits (little puzzles, wearing certain traits around your neck). It is all outdoors and there is no videotaping. I often see these classes going on when I am visiting myself. There are also some classes in California Adventure as well.

Check the calendar as some dates are less expensive than others (value days).

Does anyone know if there are still any individual enrollment classes? We homeschool and did a program a few years back that was basically a tour and was truly amazing! I checked the website but only see group offerings listed now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter