Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** September 2-4, 2011 ** Check-In

omg my legs are killing me... i beat my time from last year by like 26 mins...think i over did it...anyways we are in our room enjoying our last night at disneyland hotel before we finish our trip at hojos.......

Hope all the 5K'ers had funt his morning. I know I did. Good luck to everyone running the Half in the morning!!

How'd you do?

Hope everyone had great races!! 1/2 was a good run for me, walked the 5k (was sick Saturday morning), but overall great weekend! Can't wait until January. Thank god they added Tink in Jan, I couldn't go another year until next Sept!! :rotfl2:

I did better than I do on my own. Finished in 33:30 so averaged about 11 minutes/mile. Very happy. How'd you do?

Congrats to everyone who participated in the DL Half Marathon. I did both the 5K and the half with my friends and it was a great fun-filled weekend. I was so proud of my friends Cynthia and Karen for completing their first half. I earned my C2C medal and I am looking forward to next month when me and my friends head to WDW to run the W&D Half. Looking forward to them earning their CSC medals and making new friends.

Does anyone know if we can get any of the race apparel online?

I didn't want to buy anything at the expo because I'm kinda superstitious and was afraid I would jinx my first race, but now I want a shirt. :goodvibes The one that was included with the half is a little big and manly, and I'd like something cuter and girlier. :cutie:

I didn't want to buy anything at the expo because I'm kinda superstitious and was afraid I would jinx my first race, but now I want a shirt. :goodvibes The one that was included with the half is a little big and manly, and I'd like something cuter and girlier. :cutie:

I was also hoping for this as some of the items sold out too fast for me to pick one up (and others I wasn't sure I wanted until it was too late). I know the Disney Store online has some items from Run Disney but nothing new is up right now and nothing on there is specific to the DL 1/2.

Been taking a look at mine! So excited. But I'm looking behind me at the finish line! Boo.

Congratulations to all the 5k and half marathoners!

The shirt they gave us is completely manly! I'm really disappointed in it. I can't for the life of me understand why they chose black for the shirt.

I was also hoping for this as some of the items sold out too fast for me to pick one up (and others I wasn't sure I wanted until it was too late). I know the Disney Store online has some items from Run Disney but nothing new is up right now and nothing on there is specific to the DL 1/2.

I wish they would sell the expo items online! I can't find them anywhere, and I didn't want to spend all my money the first day of my vacation.

The pictures from the race are up on the web site. :goodvibes

I hid from the cameras. I must say, I did a dang good job of it!

Congratulations to all the 5k and half marathoners!

The shirt they gave us is completely manly! I'm really disappointed in it. I can't for the life of me understand why they chose black for the shirt.

I wish they would sell the expo items online! I can't find them anywhere, and I didn't want to spend all my money the first day of my vacation.

I hid from the cameras. I must say, I did a dang good job of it!

I'll probably only wear my shirt to the gym but not for running outside.

I tried to get in front of all of the cameras. :rotfl: Last year I was blocked by people.

Wendy are you going on the DIVA trip next year? On the last one I found a 2010 Half Marathon shirt (that I wanted at the Expo but didn't buy) at Company D for $1!

So how did everyone do? I though I was going much slower than last year but I beat my time by 4 minutes and I'm not even sore today. I think all of my training in 100+ degree weather helped. :rotfl2:

I said the same thing about the color on the other thread. I don't know why races think runners want black shirts!!! If you run during the day, it soaks up the heat and you're dying on your run, and if you go early in the morning before the sun comes up, no one can see you. I hope it's a trend for this year only, RnR SD was black too, that ends this year. I wish they would go back to the previous years of white and grey; heck any color but black is good in my opinion.

So how did everyone do? I though I was going much slower than last year but I beat my time by 4 minutes and I'm not even sore today. I think all of my training in 100+ degree weather helped. :rotfl2:

And you were worried about being ready for the race!!! :rotfl2: 1/2 was good, 5k wasn't. Woke up sick Saturday and if it was any other 5k, I wouldn't have done it. So walked that one. But the 1/2 was good. My bib got all messed up in the lockers Friday, so no official time, but I think it was b/w 2:45 and 2:50.

Now on to Tink!!!

I also caught something on my trip so I ended up doing the half congested, to say the least. It wasn't pretty at all, but I finished. I stopped for one photo op with a long line because I couldn't pass up Rapunzel, so my first split was terrible, but I had negative splits the rest of the time from simply not wanting to let that photo ruin my time. With sickness and photo (and a horribel mile 12 cramp) I came in only a minute and a half behind my Feb. Princess finish. Not ideal but I'll take it.

DBF finished his race too (his first) in his goal time of 2:22. He's impressed he did it and wants to do more but he's in bad shape now. His feet are in agony any moment he's on them (he works standing up) and that pain goes straight up his legs. :sad2:

Congrats to everyone who completed the 5k and 1/2 this past weekend! DH and I had a great trip to DL for this one! DH had a goal of 2:30 or less, and he came in at 2:26:19 (6 minutes slower than his WDW 1/2 in Jan, but wow...those pinch points, especially at the water stops were brutal)! I know there were times where I could barely walk, as people were stopped. Somehow I got a PR! I took nearly 7 minutes off my time from the WDW 1/2 in Jan to finish at 3:12:15. After the 1/2, we headed back to HoJo, showered, and then we were in the parks until 9pm! We enjoyed our celebratory dinner at Blue Bayou :-) We wore our C2C medals and took pics with both throughout the day Sun and Mon. Next up...Wine & Dine in 3 weeks and 2 days :-)

I wish they would go back to the previous years of white and grey; heck any color but black is good in my opinion.

That said, most white tech shirts I've gotten from races have been nearly transparent. There must be something in between that won't show off all of my sexy bits.

Anyway, this was my first Disney race and I'll certainly be back for more (possibly pacing DW in the 2013 Princess). Finished this one with a time of 1:30:11, which is 12 seconds slower than my goal but is still a PR by more than a minute.

I would have prefered a gray shirt over the black. Also, unisex sizing is really terrible for small females. The shirt looks like a dress on my tiny sister and it is also too large for me. I can wear it, but I would never have chosen it or paid for it.

I was pleased with my race results too. I dropped over 20 minutes from my first half marathon (Princess in February) and came in at 2:07.59. I love the C2C medal, probably my favorite part of the whole weekend. :banana:

Happy Running!
Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter