Disneyland...OMG!!!!!!!!!!

My husband audibly gasped when he saw Hogwarts Castle for the first time at Universal Hollywood. And that is the "lesser" WWOHP. He's not a HP fan, at all. He has seen the first movie. That's it. But he was super impressed with the land. He could not stop talking about it.
I feel that way with Cars land in DCA. Those movies rank on the bottom of my Pixar tier list but the land is extremely well themed and Radiator Springs Racers is a super fun and immersive ride.

I feel that way with Cars land in DCA. Those movies rank on the bottom of my Pixar tier list but the land is extremely well themed and Radiator Springs Racers is a super fun and immersive ride.

CarsLand is incredible. We practically live there. My youngest was born in 2006 and has been watching that movie his whole entire life. He's 17 now and it's still his favorite. I remember his first visit there when he was 7. We had moved to VA and made a trip back specifically to experience it. He just stood there in shock for the longest time.

CarsLand is incredible. We practically live there. My youngest was born in 2006 and has been watching that movie his whole entire life. He's 17 now and it's still his favorite. I remember his first visit there when he was 7. We had moved to VA and made a trip back specifically to experience it. He just stood there in shock for the longest time.
I loved Carsland! I loved every attraction and fell in love with Luigi's!

I remember the first time I went to Disneyland (2013-ish) and being amazed at the scale of Cars land. I still think it's one of the best lands Disney has ever built. The decorations it gets for Halloween is one of the reasons I want to go during the fall. I love how the cars have costumes!

I remember the first time I went to Disneyland (2013-ish) and being amazed at the scale of Cars land. I still think it's one of the best lands Disney has ever built. The decorations it gets for Halloween is one of the reasons I want to go during the fall. I love how the cars have costumes!
I loved the Halloween decorations in Catalans when I went. But now I avoid September and October too crowded and lol I am Halloweened out now! I prefer summer or Christmas.

I'm not saying the land is not visually impressive. But it's not really "Star Wars". It's new trilogy on a made up planet.

I have said this a million times: Galaxy's Edge is Star Wars because Disney says its Star Wars.

Wizarding World in Universal Orlando works on almost every level because it is the familiar places people know and love from the books/movies. Galaxy's Edge doesn't really have that.

CarsLand is one of my absolute favorite places in Disneyland because you stand there and you absolutely feel as though you have been transported into Radiator Springs. It may not be absolutely 100% accurate to the movie, but standing there, especially at night with all the neon, it really feels as though you have stepped into the place from the movie.

CarsLand is one of my absolute favorite places in Disneyland because you stand there and you absolutely feel as though you have been transported into Radiator Springs. It may not be absolutely 100% accurate to the movie, but standing there, especially at night with all the neon, it really feels as though you have stepped into the place from the movie.
You have 100% captured what I was feeling seeing CarsLand at night for the first time. Well said Kit Jackson!

I have said this a million times: Galaxy's Edge is Star Wars because Disney says its Star Wars.

Wizarding World in Universal Orlando works on almost every level because it is the familiar places people know and love from the books/movies. Galaxy's Edge doesn't really have that.

And that is what fans want! It's crazy to me how Carsland is SO GOOD and then Disney went ahead and built Galaxy's Edge the way they did. Like, why???

I loved the Halloween decorations in Catalans when I went. But now I avoid September and October too crowded and lol I am Halloweened out now! I prefer summer or Christmas.
I remember seeing photos of Disneyland crowds during Halloweentime and thinking it was insane. You guys love Halloween, that's for sure! I'd still like to experience it at least once, at least to meet Donald and Goofy in their Kingdom Hearts outfits at the party.

Our trip last week, our son turned 3. All we did for early entry on his birthday was just ride Mater's, over and over. The CM finally took mercy and just let us stay on the ride instead of going through line again. And then meeting McQueen... OMG he had no idea what to do with himself. I am sure we'll be back in a few years for just the reasons you mention.

I know this might be sacrilege but we don't like Toy Story Land at DHS.

I don't like it either. Although I get what they were going for making it look like something Andy built out of toy sets in his backyard. They could have gone further with the themeing and made it look like an actual YARD. Imagine Bug's Land style with the grass and clovers and yard props PLUS the Toy Story land rides. That would have been amazing. And it would have been shady too! They really phoned it in.

And poor Slinky Dog is in ROUGH shape these days. I last rode it in 2019 before my trip a few weeks ago and man, it is all beat up and rough now. That one didn't age well at all.

Why Disney decided to build a shadeless land in central Florida is something I'll never understand.

It's also very boring and lowkey cheap looking theming wise.
Absolutely correct!!! How very hot is Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge in Florida? And I love it warm.

It is interesting to read the responses. I have only seen one Star Wars movie in my life, yet I really like Galaxy's Edge. I think it is because I feel more immersed in the theme of the land when I am in there. Maybe it is because I can't see the Matterhorn or other attractions peaking over the top, but I feel as if I have left the main park when I am in GE.

On the same note, I might have seen a Marvel movie (not sure) and I think Avengers Campus is lackluster and boring. Avengers campus also has only two attractions - GOTG and Spiderman.

My problem with Galaxy's Edge is I don't feel like I'm in a Star Wars land. It's nothing like Radiator Springs where it's like you stepped into a movie. If it weren't for the Millennium Falcon or the other ships, it would be hard to tell what the land was supposed to be. Mind you, I am more of an original trilogy and prequel gal, but I LOVE Star Wars...and GE just doesn't do it for me.

(As an aside, am I the only one who likes the prequels? 😆 To be fair, those were my era of Star Wars films, so I'm probably biased).

Went to DL back in the 80s and didn't care for it one bit. I'd be willing to give it another try but it doesn't have an Epcot so IMO WDW will always be #1. Oh, and since I'm DVC I'd only be willing to stay on points which probably is tough at 7 months.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter