• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland or Bust: A Mother-Daughter Coastal Road Trip

The Contest: First person to provide the movie title from which the chapter heading comes gets a point; two points if the character who utters the line is also identified. If the first person doesn’t name the character, the first poster to do so will get a point.

Current Standing:
Courtney (courtneybelle): 24 points
pkondz: 24 points
Jill (jedijill): 22 points
Shannon (shan23877): 8 points
Rob (DisneyKid4Life): 7 points
Lori (STLMickeyMom): 7 points
Andy (afwdwfan): 7 points
Dugette: 6 points
Megan (MonsterWDWmom): 2 points
Kathy (KatMark): 2 points
Gracefulskinny: 2 points
petals: 1 point
Rory (Woodskeeper): 1 point

"I like warm hugs."

Day 14D - Thursday, 7 August 2014 - Disneyland Resort

When I last left off, we had just finished another spin with Indiana Jones. It was now 10:30AM, and we wanted to make sure that we had ample time to do a few last things in DCA on this our last Disney day. So we started our way to the front of the park from Adventureland.

Before we could get far, though, we spotted an old friend with whom Willow had not yet conversed on this trip. So we stopped, of course.

Mary was CRAZY about Willow's hair and even posed them in such a way to try to ensure it was in the picture.

After that practically perfect experience, we continued on.

We did not get out of the park quite that easily, however. Willow soon spotted her best Disney buddy and had to give him a few more hugs.

While we were waiting in line, I spotted this cute display in the nearby shop - Disney Showcase.

As always, Willow had a great time with her dear friend Pluto.

Ugh - it's hard to know you will soon be saying good-bye. :(

But we got some cute poses nonetheless.

Bye Plutey, see you tonight!

Up Next: Day 14E

Now that we've met her once, I just love Mary poppins meets. And what a cute pose to get the hair!

Willow and Pluto! She looks so happy!

Looks like a great meet with Mary. I like the fact that she did some different poses and made a big deal of Willow's hair.

Always so hard to tell your Disney friends goodbye. But it appears that she held it together just fine for Pluto. Do I detect a character meal coming up later on?

See I love love love running into characters like you did with Mary. Most meets are planned nowadays, so these random ones seem extra fun to me. Plus... English Accent. :lovestruc

Oh my goodness Roni, what precious photos with the main pup. I always like when the characters crouch down to eye level for the littles.

Olaf - Frozen
Two points!!!

Now that we've met her once, I just love Mary poppins meets. And what a cute pose to get the hair!
I can honestly say that two of our best meets of all time involved Mary Poppins. ;)

Willow and Pluto! She looks so happy!
She loves that dog so much! :goodvibes

Looks like a great meet with Mary. I like the fact that she did some different poses and made a big deal of Willow's hair.
It was definitely a very good meet. We have never been disappointed when meeting Mary at Disneyland - usually, she has Bert with her too!

Always so hard to tell your Disney friends goodbye. But it appears that she held it together just fine for Pluto. Do I detect a character meal coming up later on?
A certain last-night tradition. ;)

See I love love love running into characters like you did with Mary. Most meets are planned nowadays, so these random ones seem extra fun to me. Plus... English Accent. :lovestruc
Totally agree - I love surprise character meets. On our first day on our first visit to DLR, we had such a meet with a certain fish girl. ;)

Surprise Ariel Meet

Oh my goodness Roni, what precious photos with the main pup. I always like when the characters crouch down to eye level for the littles.
Pluto seemed to want to get as many last hugs as possible on this day too. :goodvibes

Last day. Boooo!!!!
It makes me feel sad all over again just writing about it!

Oh, wow. I love that shot.
Frameable!
That Mary - she can do no wrong!

Sucks, doesn't it.
It really does. ::yes::

Big Thunder and Indy, sounds like a good time to me! :thumbsup2

I'm getting excited just seeing Disneyland pictures now that we're tentatively planning to go! :cool1:

The Contest: First person to provide the movie title from which the chapter heading comes gets a point; two points if the character who utters the line is also identified. If the first person doesn’t name the character, the first poster to do so will get a point.

Current Standing:
Courtney (courtneybelle): 24 points
pkondz: 24 points
Jill (jedijill): 22 points
Andy (afwdwfan): 9 points
Shannon (shan23877): 8 points
Rob (DisneyKid4Life): 7 points
Lori (STLMickeyMom): 7 points
Dugette: 6 points
Megan (MonsterWDWmom): 2 points
Kathy (KatMark): 2 points
Gracefulskinny: 2 points
petals: 1 point
Rory (Woodskeeper): 1 point

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability."

Day 14E - Thursday, 7 August 2014 - Disneyland Resort

After lots of Pluto hugs, we were back on course for DCA at 10:45.

Of course, we made a beeline for RSR, stopping on the way for some PP+ pictures, of course.

Single Rider is our friend.

The single-rider line took about 20 minutes, and we had a fun ride - this time in separate vehicles. However, there were a bunch of glitches with the ride, including that my car got stuck for quite a while, which allowed Willow's car to somehow arrive back first even though mine left first; neither one of us getting to race another car (both of our cars raced a ghost); and neither one of our cars getting a ride picture. Here is how Willow felt about all that!

Not the best "last ride" of one of our absolute faves! But we dealt with it pretty well. ;) (Willow was really just hamming for the camera there.)

At this point, we realized that we hadn't followed up on a tip that we had gotten from PP the very first day - the PP CM who could do an Olaf shot! So we headed over to Paradise Pier.

Eventually, we found the right PP CM. And she was having software issues. :faint:

Just as we were about to leave, her camera started loading the software she needed, so we waited. And soon Willow got her Olaf pics!

Next, we checked to see if Donald was around, since Willow had not found him yet this trip. Phew!

He was especially excited when we told him he was Number 1!

We were getting hungry for lunch and wanted to try something new on the other side of Paradise Pier, so we moseyed along until we had to detour to meet Woody!

Woody and Willow teamed up to use their Frozen powers to cool things down a little.

It was really pretty funny. It was HOT. And as soon as they did this, a cool breeze came through - the PP photographer and I looked at each other and simultaneously said, "It worked!"

Up Next: Day 14F

What fun pictures with Mary Poppins and "Willow's" Pluto.
Thanks Kathy! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! Your trip is just days away. If I don't "talk" to you again before you leave, have a great trip!!! I will look for picture updates on FB! :woohoo:

Thanks Kathy! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! Your trip is just days away. If I don't "talk" to you again before you leave, have a great trip!!! I will look for picture updates on FB! :woohoo:

Thanks, Roni. Three more days of work, a day of pampering and then I am off.

Willow is just so photogenic. I love her "disappointed" look in no race, and her pictures with the balloons, Olaf, Donald and Woody are just great.

Remy in Ratatouille
Way to go, Kathy!!! :woohoo:

Thanks, Roni. Three more days of work, a day of pampering and then I am off.
Oh mean, doesn't it feel great to know that work is over in just a few days? I always struggle in those last few days - I keep wanting to add days off. :rotfl2:

Willow is just so photogenic. I love her "disappointed" look in no race, and her pictures with the balloons, Olaf, Donald and Woody are just great.
Awww - thanks! She is definitely quite the picture ham! :laughing:

However, there were a bunch of glitches with the ride, including that my car got stuck for quite a while, which allowed Willow's car to somehow arrive back first even though mine left first; neither one of us getting to race another car (both of our cars raced a ghost); and neither one of our cars getting a ride picture. Here is how Willow felt about all that!
:rotfl2: Great picture. Bummer about the glitches, though. :sad2:

Just as we were about to leave, her camera started loading the software she needed, so we waited. And soon Willow got her Olaf pics!

Cute pictures! :lovestruc Glad it worked out at the last minute.

Really cute character meet pics with Donald and Woody too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter