Disneyland Paris Shares - How, What and Where?

If you send a fax you can get a temporary shareholders membership ID that will tide you over until your card arrives. The temp ID takes about 48 hours to come through and details your perma ID that lasts for 2 years. So if your Card doesnt arrive before you travel you can just use the temp membership :banana:

Is it worth getting the shares and joining the shareholders club if you have an annual pass already. I was thinking about joining the shareholders club after my APs expire, when we will probably only visit yearly, but is it worth joining now for the extra 5% discount we will get on meals (for 6 of us that might be worth it). With there being 6 of us we wouldn't be able to take advatage of Salon Mickey unless 2 of us joined the shareholders club.
How much does it cost roughly to buy enough shares? How long roughly does the whole process take?

Heyhey,

you can get lots of questions answered doing a »forum search on 'Shareholders Club'.

The Eurodisney shares are at ~ €0.09 actually, to look it up at any online broker you can use the ISIN FR0000125874. Buying shares does not need more than a day if you already have a brokerage online depot (another 1-2 days if you have to open up one). You'll need 500 for the Shareholders Club but'd have to pay €30 each 2 years then. From 2000 shares it's free to join the club.

Processing of SHC membership takes about 6-8 weeks (you might be able to get a confirmation to get discounts at the resorts after ~3 weeks already).

And by the way: I did it like you planned it, waited until my AP is close to expiry, then applying for SHC, as I may get the next AP discounted then, too :)

Oliver ••••

Is it worth getting the shares and joining the shareholders club if you have an annual pass already. I was thinking about joining the shareholders club after my APs expire, when we will probably only visit yearly, but is it worth joining now for the extra 5% discount we will get on meals (for 6 of us that might be worth it). With there being 6 of us we wouldn't be able to take advatage of Salon Mickey unless 2 of us joined the shareholders club.
How much does it cost roughly to buy enough shares? How long roughly does the whole process take?

Ask as many questions as you like. You know the DLP loves to answer them :goodvibes

We bought into shareholders club after purchasing AP's. While you could only used shareholders club for discount at table service, you can use AP for counter service :)

For a family of 6 I'd ask if you can all get into the Salon than take out a separate membership. They can only say no ;)

When buying your shares you'll probably have a one off fee about £7.50 - £15 which you should add to your calculation. From memory 4 - 6 weeks is about the norm all of this should take :goodvibes

While you could only used shareholders club for discount at table service, you can use AP for counter service :)
Definitely worth having both types of discount, it's amazing how soon the shares will have paid for themselves! :yay:

For a family of 6 I'd ask if you can all get into the Salon than take out a separate membership. They can only say no ;)
Definitely a good idea to ask about this as I think they are very strict on this rule, I have seen them turning people away for having only one extra person in their party on more than one occasion. dlp.actionnaires@disney.com.

Has anyone bought shares "pure registered" through Euro Disney S.C.A.'s transfer agent, CACEIS?

Is anyone who bought shares through a broker, online or otherwise ("administered registered"), having to pay any annual service fees?

Just trying to figure out what's best. Plus buying from the USA may not be as easy as in the UK…

Just trying to figure out what's best. Plus buying from the USA may not be as easy as in the UK…

I think you'll need to get professional advice on share owner of a foreign company as AFAIK there are some restrictions :)

Does anyone know the actual timing of becoming-a-shareholder?

I sent my stuff about 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I received the invitation for the new rides by e-mail and on paper, but no SH Card yet and either no charge of my CC...

Oliver ••••

The shareholders club tell me that it's okay to submit the form and proof of ownership in digital form, saving those of you in a rush (like me) the problem of getting to a fax machine.

A Selftrade contract note was perfectly adequate for proof of ownership. You can either write out the application form by hand and scan it on, or just convert it to Word form using a programme such as SolidPDF.

One word of warning; if you're enclosing credit card details for payment of your 30 euro fee, an e-mail isn't necessarily secure. But then neither is the fax. In any event the club do not require the 3 digit security code that fraudsters would need to play silly devils.

I got my Dad to fax of the forms to DLRP (as I am in Iraq:eek: ). He then got a phone call about a week later form them telling him that they where going to send a temporary certificate , as they did not think that my card would get hear before the trip. He then phoned back about 10 minis later to see if they had it. No you can not get much better service than that.:thumbsup2

I got my Dad to fax of the forms to DLRP (as I am in Iraq:eek: ). He then got a phone call about a week later form them telling him that they where going to send a temporary certificate , as they did not think that my card would get hear before the trip. He then phoned back about 10 minis later to see if they had it. No you can not get much better service than that.:thumbsup2

Great news :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry to ask about this as I am sure it has been set out here but I am getting confused!
If we buy 500 shares, and pay the €30 fee, will we get 15%off our meals when we go? This will be our first time but I am pretty sure there will be many more over the next year or 2 (If I get my way!) so it sounds like a good plan to make our meals, and therefore trip, a little bit easier on the wallet.

I'm so sorry to ask about this as I am sure it has been set out here but I am getting confused!
If we buy 500 shares, and pay the €30 fee, will we get 15%off our meals when we go?

That's right :thumbsup2

Here is the list of the shareholders discounts but don't hesitate to ask any questions :)

http://www.eurodisney.com/en/0324.php

Shareholders Club
Discount & Privileges

EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGES

A free line to answer your questions about Euro Disney S.C.A. at 00800 67 74 56 30.
(From a land line from France, Germany, The United Kingdom, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain and Italy only).
Receive the Shareholders Club Newsletter sharing Company life and Disneyland Resort Paris news and an electronic or paper mail announcing the financial results every quarter.
Consult the latest Company and Shareholders Club news on the web-site.
Participate in events organized especially for you: sneak previews, Disney® Park visits, inaugurations, etc.
Come start your day off at the Salon Mickey where you'll enjoy a VIP welcome, every day from 9am to noon. Rules attached to the Salon Mickey are available upon request or directly at the Salon Mickey.

EXCEPTIONAL DISCOUNTS

To benefit from these discounts, present your valid Club Card at the time of payment on Site.

Discounts on Disney© Park Passports

-15% On 1 day/1 Park tickets & Hopper Tickets (1, 2, 3 days) at Parks’ entrance ticket windows only, Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer, special offers. Excluding special events (including special nights). Purchases limited to a maximum of 5 per day.
On Annual Passports for shareholders and family only (same home, same address). Offer limited to 5 annual passports. Excludes sponsorship offers.

ANNUAL PASSPORTS: UP TO 365 DAYS OF MAGIC AT DISNEYLAND® RESORT PARIS BOTH IN DISNEYLAND PARK AND WALT DISNEY STUDIOS®
The Annual Passport is a real fairy's wand that opens both the doors of Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios park all year long. Disneyland Resort Paris proposes a range of Annual Passports offering you more and more advantages at very interesting rates.
The discount granted to Shareholders Club members on Park Passports can be combined with the family reduction on Fantasy and Dream Passports for the purchase of different Passports for a single family, same address, upon the general conditions of Annual Passports".
For more information, please visit our website www.disneylandparis.com
or call direct at : 0825 825 100 from France or +33 (0)1 60 30 60 69.

Discounts on Disney® 's Hotels : Disneyland® Hotel, Disney’s Hotel New York®, Disney’s Newport Bay Club®, Disney’s Sequoia Lodge®, Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne®, Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe®, Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch®.
Booking through the Shareholders Club line only: +33 (0)1 60 30 60 72.
-10% On “Classic” & “Bella Notte” packages excluding transport, on rooms only (offer limited to 2 consecutive nights and 2 rooms per stay). Available on all room types except Suites, Castle Club Park View rooms and Family rooms.
Prepayment according to the general sales terms valid at the time of booking. Offers subject to conditions, subject to limited availability at time of booking, cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Not available on following nights: 31/10, 24/12 & 31/12.

Other discounts
- 15% Disneyland® Resort Paris Boutiques Except on certain articles as indicated in the Boutiques. This discount cannot be combined with other promotional offers and may be limited to 10% on certain articles, such as collectors’ items and limited editions.
"Green Fees" at Golf Disneyland® for Shareholders Club card holders only.
Table service and buffet restaurants (pdf - 158 Kb) in Parks, Disney© Hotels, Disney® Village and Golf Disneyland®.
Except Rainforest Café®, King’s Ludwig Castle®, Planet Hollywood®, McDonald’s™.
Not available on meal vouchers, Themed meals such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and Dinner-shows. Not available in bars. Reservations at + 33 (0)1 60 30 40 50.
To benefit from these discounts, present your valid Club card at the time of payment on Site.

SHAREHOLDERS CLUB SPECIAL OFFERS

Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show

Put on your boots and cow-boy hat and get ready to enjoy the most incredible show of the whole Far West. You are not going to believe it! With stagecoach attacks, gunfight showdowns, shooting demonstrations, horse-riding displays, this will be a night to remember! Support your Indians and Cow-boys team on stage!

Easy access for disabled visitor. As this show involves animals and raises dust, it is not recommended for people suffering from asthma, allergies or respiratory problems. Information and menus are subject to change. Individual seats are not guaranteed for children under 3 years. Vegetarian and non-pork menus are available, just ask when you arrive at the show.

Shareholders Club Special rates: €49 per adult and€ 33 per child (do not apply on 24 and 31 December 2007). Cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Available at booking desk in Disney Village and on Shareholders Club booking line at +33 (0)1 60 45 71 00. Offer limited to 5 per day.

Right, just put an order through with CASEIS to buy my shares. Waiting for confirmation, which I believe will take a few days. Then I have to send payment. Has anyone bought shares direct from them so that I can judge timescales? I am going to DLP in 30 days....it's a tight squeeze.

Luckily Shareholders Club people offered to rush me a temporary cert to use on my visit. Just a matter of when I may expect to receive something to prove I own the shares.

Does anyone know the actual timing of becoming-a-shareholder?
Oh oh I almost forgot to mention that I finally got my card and stuff... but awwwww no pin at all. Well of course I'll try to find such one when I'm there next time.

But finally I'm in the club, yieeha, so, see you all next time in Salon Mickey then :dance3:

Oliver ••••

Oh oh I almost forgot to mention that I finally got my card and stuff... but awwwww no pin at all. Well of course I'll try to find such one when I'm there next time.

We didn't get a pin on renewal so perhaps they are finished :(

We didn't get a pin on renewal so perhaps they are finished :(

I thought you only got a pin when you took the shares out & not on renewal, I only ever had one pin and I have renewed 3 times now.:confused3

I've sent off my form to become a member of the shareholder's club. How long does it take after sending that off - any ideas?

Also - I want to book a room for October - should I wait until I get my membership and then book with a shareholder's discount, or book now through Expedia? Will there be much difference in price?
TIA.

I sent my form to Shareholders club and received a temporary certificate with my shareholders number for use in the mean time. This took about 24 hours and the staff in the Shareholders Club could not have been more efficient. The actual card arrived the day after we left for DLP (typical), about 3 weeks later.

I would hold off for the membership. If you are in a hurry to book I would email the Shreholders Club, explaining that you want to get things sorted soon. They will fax you a temporary Certificate of Membership that you can use for booking. Its well worth the discount.

I've sent off my form to become a member of the shareholder's club. How long does it take after sending that off - any ideas?

Also - I want to book a room for October - should I wait until I get my membership and then book with a shareholder's discount, or book now through Expedia? Will there be much difference in price?
TIA.

Its worth waiting until you have your Membership Number, this will be sent with your temporary membership. When you book they look at getting you the best deal, so if there is a 4 for 3 day offer they will tell you. Also you can still just ring up for a price with Sharholder's Discount before you get your card to compare this with your Expedia price. You only need the number when you book.

I'm a shareholder now:banana: :woohoo: :yay: Just bought my 2000 shares so only a couple more hoops to jump through and the discounts will be mine! (evil cackle ;) ) Thanks for all the advice here - what would we all do without us:rotfl2:

ETA what sort of shareholder am i? :confused: Bearer, registered or what? I purchased through Self trade.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter