Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Nobody knows for sure yet, but you can’t make reservations unless you have already purchased a ticket, even if you are staying onsite. Tickets sales are suspended until further notice.
You can’t buy tickets but you’re welcome to book DLR hotels for check in starting 8/1. Just went all the way to the check out screen on a PPH room for late August...

OP, Disneyland has never said hotel guests will get park reservations. People hope but that’s it.

Thank you! I'm still hesitant to return to work so I will not be attending the preview (additionally the spaces filled up extremely quickly). Unfortunately, I have no info on the logistics, but i'd speculate that they will likely have at least the ability to do so in case of large crowds like at Disney Springs.
Stay safe and don’t return until it’s safe!

Disney Food Blog tweeted this out from today’s CM Preview at MK...no distancing at all:

Stay safe and don’t return until it’s safe!

Disney Food Blog tweeted this out from today’s CM Preview at MK...no distancing at all:

From what I read on the WDW boards everyone was pretty compliant except for this part. Hopefully this was a one time “oopsie”. Compliance seemed good today but this was CM’s and their visitors, so I expected good compliance. Real test will be passholders and regular ticket holders...

The hotel, yeah. Not the park though.
Missed the spirit of the comment. There is no way a standard room at any DLR hotel is worth $600 without DLR access.

Like, please. I’ll get 2 rooms to spread the fam out in a heartbeat at the new JW Marriott and Uber to the parks if Disney doesn’t give me something beyond a short walk for paying GCH prices...

Last edited:
oh look, more theater...too bad temp checks don’t accomplish anything. can’t wait to see mask enforcement!

My brother is almost over COVID-19 and for nearly 9 days had a 101 fever. How is it that temperature checks will accomplish nothing?

I am genuinely curious as I don’t work in health care at all and have zero knowledge in the area.

My brother is almost over COVID-19 and for nearly 9 days had a 101 fever. How is it that temperature checks will accomplish nothing?

I am genuinely curious as I don’t work in health care at all and have zero knowledge in the area.
I think b/c not everyone gets a fever with COVID, or even symptoms. So someone could get through the temperature check who is asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic.

Missed the spirit of the comment. There is no way a standard room at any DLR hotel is worth $600 without DLR access.

Like, please. I’ll get 2 rooms to spread the fam out in a heartbeat at the new JW Marriott and Uber to the parks if Disney doesn’t give me something beyond a short walk for paying GCH prices...

While I agree with the sentiment, if I were to stay at a DLR hotel, I wouldn't want to "waste" time in the parks other than the morning power walk. I'd be going to the pool, taking the hotel tours and doing other hotel guest only things that I normally don't have access to.

Ironically, the month before Hong Kong Disneyland reopened, occupancy at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel was at its highest I've ever seen. The back gardens were full of families having picnics and CMs were swarmed with kids wanting to play games where in the past, they could go an entire shift without a single kid to play with. Once the park reopened, occupancy went down and the hotel now has discount packages with the tourism board to boost occupancy.

Understood that it won’t catch everyone. But to say it does nothing implies it will catch nobody?
I dunno do you think your brother would’ve felt like heading to Downtown Disney with COVID and a fever of 101? Probably not.

Most people I’ve spoken with who have actually felt sick with COVID said there was no way they would’ve wanted to leave their house. Several friends of friends have been completely asymptomatic or felt like they had mild allergies. Those are the people who are concerning, and they won’t be caught at the temperature screen. Because they aren’t running fever.

While I agree with the sentiment, if I were to stay at a DLR hotel, I wouldn't want to "waste" time in the parks other than the morning power walk. I'd be going to the pool, taking the hotel tours and doing other hotel guest only things that I normally don't have access to.

Ironically, the month before Hong Kong Disneyland reopened, occupancy at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel was at its highest I've ever seen. The back gardens were full of families having picnics and CMs were swarmed with kids wanting to play games where in the past, they could go an entire shift without a single kid to play with. Once the park reopened, occupancy went down and the hotel now has discount packages with the tourism board to boost occupancy.
While the pools and activities are a draw, I don't thing ANYBODY says oh, I'll go to a DLR hotel at a MASSIVE premium and not expect to go into the park.

Understood that it won’t catch everyone. But to say it does nothing implies it will catch nobody?
I think it will help some, but am aware there are still limits to getting your temp taken. That is also why a lot of us are hoping disney really enforces the mask and social distancing rules so all guests and workers are as safe as they can be given the situation.

it a) misses people who are asymptomatic and can spread the virus without fever, b) a colleague of mine remained positive with GI symptoms and no fever for about 7-9 more days after the initial fever period, c) like all temp checks (like kids and schools), it’s easily defeated with a big dose of Tylenol about an hour before the temperature check

The people with a fever probably feel too sick to go, or, if they’re the sort of person who wants to hit Disneyland while sick, they can just take fever reducer...

So there’s not much point to it, but at least they can say they’re doing something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter