Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Not to voice an unpopular opinion but I’m all for this. The easier it is to get your face covering off, the more people will be doing it. Quick slid it down for a castle picture! Quick slid it down while I’m walking! Etc. When I see folks wearing these out and about in my town they’re hardly even wearing them. Like just a droopy fabric around their neck.

I know all of you here that like them wear them responsibly so that sucks the bad apples ruin it for the rest.

Glad I didn't pay up for those fancy cooling gaiters. But, they looked decently cool and now I'm bummed. Heat is gonna be a real problem if my Aug or Sept trips happen...

(Also Disney was dumb not enforce their own rule at Disney Springs, they're gonna be turning away gaiters for sometime since locals who've gone to DS have been conditioned gaiters are ok.)

Not to voice an unpopular opinion but I’m all for this. The easier it is to get your face covering off, the more people will be doing it. Quick slid it down for a castle picture! Quick slid it down while I’m walking! Etc. When I see folks wearing these out and about in my town they’re hardly even wearing them. Like just a droopy fabric around their neck.

I know all of you here that like them wear them responsibly so that sucks the bad apples ruin it for the rest.
Eh. My town has a good amount of gaiter wearing folk as well but I've seen just as many people with masks down around their chins. Univ Orlando allows them and reports are they've worked out just fine.

Perhaps it's because most of them aren't as effective as containing droplets as the cloth coverings? The more breathable the material, the less effective it is usually right? I'm not too sure. Probably depends on how you wear it and what type you buy. Definitely not cool of Disney to allow it in Disney Springs and walk back on it at WDW. But I suppose if we look back through the policies that have been posted, they have continued to state 'coverings with ear loops/ties'.

Glad I didn't pay up for those fancy cooling gaiters. But, they looked decently cool and now I'm bummed. Heat is gonna be a real problem if my Aug or Sept trips happen...

(Also Disney was dumb not enforce their own rule at Disney Springs, they're gonna be turning away gaiters for sometime since locals who've gone to DS have been conditioned gaiters are ok.)
You could still use the gaiter around your neck to cool you off, then use a regular mask. We plan on bringing cooling towels to use while wearing a mask in the heat.

The main concern is that WDW is sending out entertainment CMs without masks to perform throughout the parks. Equity are usually in shows in enclosed locations which have yet to reopen. DL doesn’t seem to have Equity CMs.

Here’s the Cavalcade from yesterday with unmasked performers:

I'm annoyed at the maskless entertainers, not gonna lie. There is no reason for it. Zero. Perfect chance to get kids to comply a bit better too.

Good idea! I've never gone the cooling towel route before...
Cooling towels are amazing! So worth it!

But the best news was Evolv is being deployed at AK after initially testing at part of Disney Springs and is expected to be rolled out to all 4 theme parks in WDW! I'm sure DLR won't be far behind.

I'm so excited for this. About darn time!!!
I am super excited about this too!

Perhaps it's because most of them aren't as effective as containing droplets as the cloth coverings? The more breathable the material, the less effective it is usually right? I'm not too sure. Probably depends on how you wear it and what type you buy. Definitely not cool of Disney to allow it in Disney Springs and walk back on it at WDW. But I suppose if we look back through the policies that have been posted, they have continued to state 'coverings with ear loops/ties'.
I always question the effectiveness of gaiters. I may be very wrong here, but with cloth masks, the goal is to make them with a spot for filters to be inserted (or they should be, in any case, to make them as safe as possible). They have several layers of material to help avoid transmission. The medical masks are to be used once and thrown away. Gaiters seem to be a style item that (and I'm putting a lot of presumption in this) are used to pull up as needed, not washed after one wear, have no filter area and no layers of cloth. I just don't think they provide much protection at all.
I agree policy changes are hard. I'm sure they keep trying to find the best coverage that people wear consistently?

... Gaiters seem to be a style item that (and I'm putting a lot of presumption in this) are used to pull up as needed, not washed after one wear, have no filter area and no layers of cloth...
Disclaimer: The following is not for Disney use, since the gaiters won't be allowed there anyway.
Gaiters get worn a lot around our town, mainly by kids/teens. They can easily be folded over to have two or three layers of fabric (depending on the size of the kid/teen and the length of the gaiter), they can be washed after each use (ours certainly are!), and the N95 filters can be fitted between the two layers of fabric and held with a bit of double sided tape/fabric tape. I do see people who don't take the extra steps to be more careful, but we do and our friends do -- so it is possible. :)

I'm annoyed at the maskless entertainers, not gonna lie. There is no reason for it. Zero. Perfect chance to get kids to comply a bit better too.
Ok, I was watching some vid of WDW, and saw Tinkerbell floating by.. I have to admit that I a) worried for that cast member and b) wondered which would be the first kid going "but Tink doesn't need a mask." That's a tough call. I get they want normalcy for the kids to see the characters looking "normal." But I want those cast members protected. Either put the non-masked characters at a distance, or put an adorable mask on. Can they make a clear mask for them?

Disclaimer: The following is not for Disney use, since the gaiters won't be allowed there anyway.
Gaiters get worn a lot around our town, mainly by kids/teens. They can easily be folded over to have two or three layers of fabric (depending on the size of the kid/teen and the length of the gaiter), they can be washed after each use (ours certainly are!), and the N95 filters can be fitted between the two layers of fabric and held with a bit of double sided tape/fabric tape. I do see people who don't take the extra steps to be more careful, but we do and our friends do -- so it is possible. :)

Ah, thanks Theluckyrabbit! I appreciate that knowledge. I will feel better now when I see people wearing them around here!

Rteetz said Gaiters are allowed at Disney Springs, so I assume they will be allowed at downtown Disney. We will find out soon I suppose!

I mentioned this on another thread or maybe it was this one and was basically told they don’t have to because they are at least 6 feet away from the guests, like six feet is some magic force field or something. Dumb move on Disney’s part IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter