Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I would hope they’re using this delay time to get the parks ready so when they get the approval they can start calling CMs back and go! I imagine they won’t be releasing any proposed dates again after what happened this last time- they’ll want a hard yes this time. Maybe?

Another blogger noticed cranes at work over what appeared to be Avengers Campus.
I hope so! Get the construction out of the way!

Trip Report: We went over to DTD today. It was so wonderful walking in DTD and hearing the Disney music. We got there right about 10 am and had reservations at UVA at 12:30.

In the morning it was hardly crowded at all. We went to the pin traders and each bought a pin. Then we headed down to get to get our name on the call back for World of Disney. They way they were doing that is you would go and get your name on a list and then they would text you to return. When you return, you wait I line outdoors until they let you in.

While we waited for World of Disney, we went to Curl Surf, The Dress Shop, and the Lego Store. We waited about an hour to get called back to WOD. All stores have marks on the ground outside the doors and have groups no larger than 3 or 4 on the wait line. Wait lines were spaced out 6 feet or more. Then they would do an in/out count, letting people in as others left. The only drawback was that in many locations they had you waiting in the sun. I wish they put umbrellas up around the wait lines.

Is super easy to maintain 6 feet of separation in the stores. They weren't crowded at all. The video you saw was an early mad rush for 60th merch, which they had plenty of. In fact one CM mentioned it when we were waiting in line and asked that everyone maintain distance.

We were able to use our AP discount everywhere, but ours has not expired yet, so I can't answer pp's question about that.

Everyone was waring masks. I did see one person wearing a gaiter, everyone else was in traditional masks. There was one group of people walking around with drinks that had their masks down. I didn't stick around to see if anyone said anything to them. There were a couple of families that had somewhat older children without masks. But outside of that, everyone was wearing masks and keeping distance.

Another note, security did search our bags. They did not have the clear bags that others have mentioned for stuff. It was the same regular process.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Trip Report: We went over to DTD today. It was so wonderful walking in DTD and hearing the Disney music. We got there right about 10 am and had reservations at UVA at 12:30.

In the morning it was hardly crowded at all. We went to the pin traders and each bought a pin. Then we headed down to get to get our name on the call back for World of Disney. They way they were doing that is you would go and get your name on a list and then they would text you to return. When you return, you wait I line outdoors until they let you in.

While we waited for World of Disney, we went to Curl Surf, The Dress Shop, and the Lego Store. We waited about an hour to get called back to WOD. All stores have marks on the ground outside the doors and have groups no larger than 3 or 4 on the wait line. Wait lines were spaced out 6 feet or more. Then they would do an in/out count, letting people in as others left. The only drawback was that in many locations they had you waiting in the sun. I wish they put umbrellas up around the wait lines.

Is super easy to maintain 6 feet of separation in the stores. They weren't crowded at all. The video you saw was an early mad rush for 60th merch, which they had plenty of. In fact one CM mentioned it when we were waiting in line and asked that everyone maintain distance.

We were able to use our AP discount everywhere, but ours has not expired yet, so I can't answer pp's question about that.

Everyone was waring masks. I did see one person wearing a gaiter, everyone else was in traditional masks. There was one group of people walking around with drinks that had their masks down. I didn't stick around to see if anyone said anything to them. There were a couple of families that had somewhat older children without masks. But outside of that, everyone was wearing masks and keeping distance.

Another note, security did search our bags. They did not have the clear bags that others have mentioned for stuff. It was the same regular process.

If you have any questions, let me know.
😍😍 thanks for the report. Excited for tomorrow. Did other stores have lines? Specifically the dress shop and Marcelines ?

For anyone who has gone to DtD, how late is everything open till? I notice that the Disneyland app shows WoD is open till 8. Is it the same for every other store/restaurant? I won’t be there till late afternoon tomorrow

Also, thought I would let you guys know that Marcelines had a limited menu. They had the big Mickey cookies and the regular snickernoodle, choc chip, and sugar cookie, mickey head rice krispy with M&Ms and one other pattern, a variety of caramel apples, and a variety of marshmellow stick treats. That was it in their case. No cupcakes (which is what I really wanted), no fudge, no toffee (although it was for sale in prepackaged bags), or other treats.

Also, thought I would let you guys know that Marcelines had a limited menu. They had the big Mickey cookies and the regular snickernoodle, choc chip, and sugar cookie, mickey head rice krispy with M&Ms and one other pattern, a variety of caramel apples, and a variety of marshmellow stick treats. That was it in their case. No cupcakes (which is what I really wanted), no fudge, no toffee (although it was for sale in prepackaged bags), or other treats.
Were guests allowed to walk along the front of the cases/counter as before, or, were they a little farther back away from the case?

Is anyone going tomorrow? If so, can you tell me how Black Tap is handling their seating and ordering? How long their waits are? Etc.
I’m behind on the thread so I don’t know if this ever got answered.
We had to wait in a long line that went in the opposite direction than you are used to. The line flows to the outside quick order window where you have access to a semi limited menu. (A few of the exotic shakes missing. Mozzarella sticks missing, not sure what else)
Once you order you are given a number and they come out with your food packed to go (although there is seating there)
Also the milkshake was staggered for us so we were able to get through the majority of our food before we got it.

Did anyone confirm that they were allowed to wear a gaiter in DTD today?

Thank you for this update!
I saw someone wearing one yesterday.

edit to avoid a triple post: I also saw a crane in operation over at the avengers campus, so here’s to hoping they are able to catch up on construction given that they don’t have to work around park hours.

Last edited:
I saw someone wearing one yesterday.

edit to avoid a triple post: I also saw a crane in operation over at the avengers campus, so here’s to hoping they are able to catch up on construction given that they don’t have to work around park hours.
They restarted construction back in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter