Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Also, thought I would let you guys know that Marcelines had a limited menu. They had the big Mickey cookies and the regular snickernoodle, choc chip, and sugar cookie, mickey head rice krispy with M&Ms and one other pattern, a variety of caramel apples, and a variety of marshmellow stick treats. That was it in their case. No cupcakes (which is what I really wanted), no fudge, no toffee (although it was for sale in prepackaged bags), or other treats.
Thank you!!

Just saw the hojo cam and the Pixar Pal around was lit up tonight. We noticed earlier today that it looked like the doors were either open or off of the cars on the wheel. Last night the lights were not on Pixar pal around. (Mickeys fun wheel)

Edited to add photos of the doors open

Attachments

• 91D67E75-80E6-4E84-833C-D9F24F647920.jpeg
    91D67E75-80E6-4E84-833C-D9F24F647920.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
“So, what was the cleaning agent in use? We went to City Hall for the answers. Disney World is using a Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant that is a 3-in-1 multi-purpose spray. This EPA registered product quickly disinfects in 3-5 minutes (kills 99.999% germs) and kills Norovirus in as fast as 45 seconds. Disney is using this disinfectant on all high-traffic surfaces around the resort, not just on attractions.”

For those wondering what WDW was using to clean rides, from Blog Mickey. @theluckyrabbit

“So, what was the cleaning agent in use? We went to City Hall for the answers. Disney World is using a Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant that is a 3-in-1 multi-purpose spray. This EPA registered product quickly disinfects in 3-5 minutes (kills 99.999% germs) and kills Norovirus in as fast as 45 seconds. Disney is using this disinfectant on all high-traffic surfaces around the resort, not just on attractions.”

For those wondering what WDW was using to clean rides, from Blog Mickey. @theluckyrabbit
Thank you!

Reports from WDW regarding whether one must wear a mask when using PhotoPass:

doleddanielle said:
From the AP Facebook group, you're not allowed to remove masks at all for any photopass-ops, including on rides. Supposedly, if you remove your mask on a ride for the photo, it gets deleted from the system and it will never show on your account.
yulilin3 said:
No, you must leave the ask on when taking a pic with a photopass CM
You can take the mask off briefly to take a picture on your own, and then put it back on. Obviously try and do this in an area where there are no crowds

Oh wow I thought they would at least let you remove the masks for pictures. Glad they are taking the rules seriously!
So now I need to make sure that my masks for the parks are extra cute for the photos. This is just more pressure!
On the bright side, the WDW mod said that she had never seen CMs take the rules so seriously as she had in the past two days. So that is good -- hope they can keep it up.

So now I need to make sure that my masks for the parks are extra cute for the photos. This is just more pressure!
On the bright side, the WDW mod said that she had never seen CMs take the rules so seriously as she had in the past two days. So that is good -- hope they can keep it up.
Make sure the print on your masks is not too small. Photopass pictures are not close ups, if they are taken from a few feet away, the print will get smaller. A mask with Minnie's polka dots will always be recognizable, but a mask with a print of Beauty and the Beast stained glass windows will probably don't show up properly on pictures.

How likely do people think masks will still be mandatory next summer?

Honestly, I think they'll be mandatory until we have a reliable vaccine AND 'herd immunity'. Part of the problem is that CV is much more contagious (and serious) than, say, the flu or the common cold both of which are pretty darn contagious. It also apparently mutates quite easily so the immunity one gains after infection won't protect against the new, mutated virus. And just like with the flu vaccine, a CV vaccine will only protect from the 'known' strains. I think mask wearing will become more commonplace as a result, too.

Oh wow I thought they would at least let you remove the masks for pictures. Glad they are taking the rules seriously!

While part of me is like aw, darn I want that ‘no mask castle picture’ this is really the best thing to do. Otherwise you’ll have guests taking off their masks in the photopass line and doing their lipstick etc etc.

Of course they should make you leave your mask on for photos. Plus don’t you want those photos to show how “unique” the trip was? Looking back at the photos you’d remember that crazy time we went to WDW / DL during a pandemic.

How likely do people think masks will still be mandatory next summer?

I’d say fairly likely.

Honestly, I think they'll be mandatory until we have a reliable vaccine AND 'herd immunity'. Part of the problem is that CV is much more contagious (and serious) than, say, the flu or the common cold both of which are pretty darn contagious. It also apparently mutates quite easily so the immunity one gains after infection won't protect against the new, mutated virus. And just like with the flu vaccine, a CV vaccine will only protect from the 'known' strains. I think mask wearing will become more commonplace as a result, too.
Yes, I think mandatory mask wearing is here to stay, potentially for several more years. If we get an effective vaccine and if it is widely distributed in a short time (both big ifs), then maybe masks will not be as essential in a year’s time, but I’m thinking it will be more like three years. That’s how long it took for the Spanish Flu to burn itself out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter