Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

@theluckyrabbit I’m here now and just asked a CM - a plaid, no less ;-) - and she told me that face shields are only allowed if the guest has a medical condition that prohibits them from wearing a mask. As many here know, gaiters are no longer allowed (as of today).

She also said that she didn’t think an August opening is overly optimistic. I’m nothing else if not an optimist so I share her hope :-).

As I sat and sipped my tea near the entrance to WOD, a small parade of Disney execs walked by. There must have been at least 16 of them. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that before. Then again, I was never looking ;-).

Some pics.
View attachment 512977

View attachment 512978

View attachment 512979

View attachment 512980

No picture of the Executives parade? Darn!

... And I learned that if you arrive at DTD before it opens, there are no bathroom options.
For future reference, if an emergency arises outside the secure zone, I would flag down the nearest CM to ask for a restroom. Usually they can guide you to an employee restroom somewhere if circumstances allow. Pandemic rules may be different, but that's what used to happen whenever youngest had an urgent call of nature.

Without getting technical or specific lest it get deleted...
As has been repeated before, if the information (whether technical or specific) is on topic, it will not be deleted.

😭😭😭😭😭😭
I mean, I knew it was coming, but I’m still so upset...
Agree. Expecting it and understanding the reasoning don't make it hurt any less.

Last edited:
Ah well. Cancelling OOB was pretty much a foregone conclusion. But to play the 'Glad Game' it may open up some potential dates to visit for those of us who would prefer a somewhat less crowded park than is normal during the 'party period'. Assuming of course that DL is able to open by October (fingers & toes crossed, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise).

They are going to have issues with folk claiming medical conditions needing a valved mask due to the amount of co2 retention masks can have... specifically asthmatics.

I wonder how wdw is going to deal with this contingency.

A possible solution is to insist on a face shield in addition to valve masks to add that additional barrier level

What’s the word on WDW’s mask enforcement generally? Is it going well?
I think so. It sounds like the stationary rule with the mask is going well. On that twitter account some responses are saying that people are currently in the parks with valve masks, so it may take a few days for enforcement with them.

Reactions: EmJ
What’s the word on WDW’s mask enforcement generally? Is it going well?

Overall pretty well. Granted I've only been around Disney Springs and Epcot but it's generally been 95% compliance. My guess is those are the two areas with worst compliance though with more emphasis in the past on walking and eating/drinking. It's absolutely improved over the last few weeks. They were pretty loose with enforcement in the first few weeks but especially the last 2 weeks it's been good.

Good to see improved masking overall. Helps with other corporations jumping into the fray too.

Also positive movement on Orange County, CA. Getting closer to metrics to get off the Governor's watch list. Down to nearly 200 per 100,000 cases and 12% positive rate. -- Slow, but steady downward trend from 15% over the past 10 days. Will need to get to 100 per 100,000 and stay there for 14 days before coming off the watch list. That's the time where the Gov will consider reopening stages.

I'm sure Disney has an inside line and ready to notify unions the moment anything is decided to ramp up. Still hope for end August/Labor Day before summer ends.

They are going to have issues with folk claiming medical conditions needing a valved mask due to the amount of co2 retention masks can have... specifically asthmatics.

I wonder how wdw is going to deal with this contingency.

A possible solution is to insist on a face shield in addition to valve masks to add that additional barrier level
I assume this would apply to all Disney property.

"The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations. "

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...ers-and-postings-regarding-use-face-masks-and

I assume this would apply to all Disney property.

"The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations. "

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...ers-and-postings-regarding-use-face-masks-and
Indeed, it has already come up in discussion on the disABILITIES! Board (e.g. Face mask policy & children with autism). Many DISers are watching this closely to see how it will affect their Disney trips. Looking over the linked thread, it appears that Universal allows medical exemptions (guests wear a yellow wristband) and Disney does not.

Well to be honest I had never seen the disAbilities thread but then I was not looking for it. I had not seen it posted in this thread. Many things get posted in multiple threads so the info can't hurt.

Heck, it was not that long ago you could hardly get alot of us to even post in the community threads like this one. I guess I need to do some more board exploring !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter