Disneyland Secrets

reading through allll these pages is getting me super amped for my trip
:Pinkbounc

Just look around the parks. Even today, you will see people heals and other non-park friendly shoes.

LOL! Isn't that the truth! I think the last time I was there I saw a woman in what had to be 5 inch stilettos. All I kept thinking was "Are you planning on murdering a character cause those look to be deadly weapons?" :rotfl: I know my BFF from college swears by her heals (she's very short; 5 foot nothing) but I can't imagine wandering around DLR all day in those. Especially with the cobblestones and trolley tracks along Main Street and BVS. Accident waiting to happen.

I want to meet the women who toured the park in high heels!! :upsidedow

Sofia+Vergara+Eric+Stonestreet+Aubrey+Anderson+rnm-ZT4Rxa_l.jpg

Disneyland is home to feral cats—nobody knows how many—that come out at night, after visitors leave. Years ago, more than 100 were discovered living inside Sleeping Beauty’s castle.

We saw one sleeping under a tree in the Redwood Forest Challenge trail area (in DCA). We thought it was fake at first...but then it opened it's eyes. When we asked a CM, he confirmed and said there's cats at both parks to take care of any rodents on property. He told us how many there are...but I can't remember.They are taken care of by a vet and up to date on shots and stuff. And he also said it's rare for people to see the cats like we did...normally they hide better because of all the people.

We saw one sleeping under a tree in the Redwood Forest Challenge trail area (in DCA). We thought it was fake at first...but then it opened it's eyes. When we asked a CM, he confirmed and said there's cats at both parks to take care of any rodents on property. He told us how many there are...but I can't remember.They are taken care of by a vet and up to date on shots and stuff. And he also said it's rare for people to see the cats like we did...normally they hide better because of all the people.
We saw one once in DCA also, park was mostly empty and we were on a back path alone and it raced across and promptly hid again off the path.

*Seanaci* said:

Saw one last week on Redwood Forest Challenge as I was looking for coyote tracks!

We saw a cat last November on a Saturday morning in the esplanade area before the park opened, believe it or not. He was scurrying away from us, though, lol. It was near the lockers out there.

They also keep the duck population down. My daughter saw a cat in action over by Hungry Bear Restaurant. It's right next to the Rivers of America, and she went in the spring when there were a lot of tiny ducklings. She and her friends saw a cat trot by with little duck feet dangling from its mouth.

AmericanItGirl said:
Just watch the Modern Family episode where the go to Disneyland and you'll see the effects of wearing heels at Disneyland (both from the character Gloria and the character Lily). :p

I LOVE that episode.

They also keep the duck population down. My daughter saw a cat in action over by Hungry Bear Restaurant. It's right next to the Rivers of America, and she went in the spring when there were a lot of tiny ducklings. She and her friends saw a cat trot by with little duck feet dangling from its mouth.

Doubt if my wife could hate cats any more, but if I to,d her this I'm sure it would make her!!!

She and her friends saw a cat trot by with little duck feet dangling from its mouth.

:( :sad:

I sure hope I never see something like this. I know it is the circle of life and all that but. I don't what to think about that at Disneyland.

So I know that for years this has been called Disneyland Secrets but I think it also has just a lot of Disney Trivia things that I think normal park goers don't necessarily know about. That being said, now that Carsland and the new Buena Vista Street has been open awhile does anyone know any cool trivia or secrets about it? :goodvibes

californiamomof4grls said:
So I know that for years this has been called Disneyland Secrets but I think it also has just a lot of Disney Trivia things that I think normal park goers don't necessarily know about. That being said, now that Carsland and the new Buena Vista Street has been open awhile does anyone know any cool trivia or secrets about it? :goodvibes

Oooh, I just saw a cool one on my last trip! In the Curios shop there is a display of snow globes and one of them is the snowman from the Pixar short Knick Knack! Incidentally, that same snow globe was also in the Cars movie in the same shop. Very cool.

I also enjoy seeing Buzz Lightyear in the office of the Cozy Cones. He is a little hidden, but so fun! He is a tribute to a scene from Toy Story 2. On the other side of the display, you can find Buzz, Hamm, and Rex in a scene from Toy Story 2 as well. Super cute!

Oooh, I just saw a cool one on my last trip! In the Curios shop there is a display of snow globes and one of them is the snowman from the Pixar short Knick Knack! Incidentally, that same snow globe was also in the Cars movie in the same shop. Very cool.

I also enjoy seeing Buzz Lightyear in the office of the Cozy Cones. He is a little hidden, but so fun! He is a tribute to a scene from Toy Story 2. On the other side of the display, you can find Buzz, Hamm, and Rex in a scene from Toy Story 2 as well. Super cute!

Thanks so much I will look for that one!
Any others in the new parts of DCA? So fun!

When looking at the traffic light in the middle of Route 66, you'll notice that every third blink is slower, just like Filmore says in the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter