DIsneylandForward project passes major hurdle

I'm sure Toy Story will be a 3rd gate, NO WAY they build a whole entertainment area, with Garden Walk between it and the new parking lot. They just need to acquire Garden Walk at some point, but no rush/need before they do all the stuff west of the parks, & the new lot across Harbor.
I would be shocked if Toy Story wasn’t a 3rd gate…. Totally agree!

Commissioner Perez jacked up the entire meeting making it a 6 hour marathon with insane queries for no good reason. He just loved hearing his own voice. ;)

This guy was something. He didn't miss an opportunity to show off just how educated he is. He just loves Disneyland though.

My question is about the Budget

DCA 2.0 Was 1.1 billion this 1.9 Billion for what sounds like alot more happening, how is the budget so low considering the price of building lands and construction has only gone up since 12+ years ago?

Value engineering. $1.9 billion is nowhere near the amount needed to build this project, but that wasn't Disney's goal anyway. They wanted the zoning changed.

This guy was something. He didn't miss an opportunity to show off just how educated he is. He just loves Disneyland though.

Value engineering. $1.9 billion is nowhere near the amount needed to build this project, but that wasn't Disney's goal anyway. They wanted the zoning changed.
Wouldn't it be better to say 4 Billion over 20 years then?

I think building a shopping center over on the Toy Story lot area would be weird. I suppose if they eventually want to make current DTD into parks and have the TS lot become the shopping area...it could make sense. But it seems like a huge waste, IMO.

I think building a shopping center over on the Toy Story lot area would be weird. I suppose if they eventually want to make current DTD into parks and have the TS lot become the shopping area...it could make sense. But it seems like a huge waste, IMO.
If they replace DTD with more attractions then I don't think its a waste but if they keep most of DTD open and this...could be but also if they add themed restaurants to this new shopping area like a Indian Jones or Star Wars restaurant could also be worth it but if its just more shops then yeah its a waste

If they replace DTD with more attractions then I don't think its a waste but if they keep most of DTD open and this...could be but also if they add themed restaurants to this new shopping area like a Indian Jones or Star Wars restaurant could also be worth it but if its just more shops then yeah its a waste
I think even if it is highly themed it is a waste, it's not like there aren't a ton of places to eat around DLR. & if there is no other reason to go over to the Toy Story lot, I don't think many would... look at Gardenwalk right now, its pretty dead, with a ton of potential. With much more potential if/when there is a theme park on the other side. ;)

The city needs to make Disney agree to a completion date.
Otherwise Disney is going to just sit on this.

I think even if it is highly themed it is a waste, it's not like there aren't a ton of places to eat around DLR. & if there is no other reason to go over to the Toy Story lot, I don't think many would... look at Gardenwalk right now, its pretty dead, with a ton of potential. With much more potential if/when there is a theme park on the other side. ;)
If DTD is gone, then makes sense if not I agree but I would go there if it had a Themed restaurants based on good IPs but its all here say....first it has to pass and second Disney will tell us the plan later

If DTD is gone, then makes sense if not I agree but I would go there if it had a Themed restaurants based on good IPs but its all here say....first it has to pass and second Disney will tell us the plan later
Yea if DTD was gone, but i don't see that happening, they just built a bunch of new stuff (across from monorail station), & how would they remove the part under Grand California.

I can't see them getting rid of the shops in DTD anytime soon. But in 10 years? Maybe.

Personally, I can't see myself going over to the TS lot area to go shopping unless it has stuff I can't find inside the parks. But even then...meh. I'm not a big shopper though. I only wander through DTD because it's right there.

Included in the proposals (you guys should read them there’s lots of interesting tidbits) are mentionof building a new transportation system along the lines of a peoplemover/skybucket/skyliner to move people to the new lands.

There’s also language in the proposal to increase the maximum height allowed for attractions

“The general intent is to establish a building height hierarchy in which most theme park elements will range from 40 to 250 feet high, with up to four structural thematic elements/icons that may be up to 300 feet in height to establish visual interest and orientation within the theme park”

I believe the Matterhorn is about 150 feet, so potentially attractions twice as tall.

Last edited:
I would be thrilled to have the old People Mover return! I also think is a great opportunity to create/enhance existing more original Disney, family friendly friends such as a Mary Poppins ride, make Pooh much cuter, longer, and a true journey through the 100 Acre Wood. a Boat ride Small World or Storybook land Canal wise of scenes from Disney characters enjoying life. Mickey and Minnie on a picnic. Max, Goofy's son at school, someone at the grocery store or church. Regular daily life that we all can relate too. Simpler times and even animation. I still dream of there one day being at least a week offered of Candlelight and there to be a way as there is in FL for the public to get seats, so some space for that to happen. It will be interesting to read more specifics. May this be positive for all.

There’s also language in the proposal to increase the maximum height allowed for attractions

“The general intent is to establish a building height hierarchy in which most theme park elements will range from 40 to 250 feet high, with up to four structural thematic elements/icons that may be up to 300 feet in height to establish visual interest and orientation within the theme park”

I believe the Matterhorn is about 150 feet, so potentially attractions twice at tall.
Twice as tall sounds excessive, but how tall is Cinderella’s castle? (WDW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter